Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girish Baliga
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Girish BaligaYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years male. I had sex with unknown woman in past years and 7 months before and wants to test now whether I am hiv positive or not and want to rule it out which test do you suggest. I had fever for 3 weeks continuously and diarrhea at that time. Almost lost 9 kgs of weight in 3 months and night sweats and white patch on middle tongue came and disappeared. Hot feeling inside chest and stomach and hot air continuously for 2 months. Which tests are better Antibody tests which detects antibodies or pcr tests which detect virus directly from blood. Bcoz some people say that hiv virus can't be detected in some people in certain circumstances in antibody tests and after infecting for years when aids progress and people don't know their status bcoz of no symptoms and they can pass it to do many people. I had antibody 4th gen eclia tests after 6 months and are non reactive and dna pcr negative at 7th month, despite that is it necessary to take Rna pcr test? What would doctors suggest to completely rule out hiv thoughts from a patients mind? please give a helpful suggestion .thank you doctors.
My baby is 6 months her gums are swollen and teeth are coming out she has passed stool 4 to 5 times yesterday and today 3 times and has passed urine 5 times is it normal.
My daughter 25yr suffering from cold ie jukam through out whole year. Inbetween she get relief for 3-4 days relief and then situation become same what I have to do.
Asthma is a chronic lung condition wherein the air passage gets blocked or constricted due to the production of extra mucus. It is an age old condition which has been creating problems for people since a long time. Despite the seriousness of the condition, there are various myths people tend to believe about asthma.
Here are a few myths about asthma and the usage of inhalers:
- Regular Usage of Inhalers is Addictive: This is a total myth. Using inhalers is not at all addictive, it is a necessity. Just because you use your inhaler regularly does not mean you are addicted to it. Just like brushing your teeth every day isn't an addiction, taking your daily medicine from an inhaler isn't an addiction as well. Using an inhaler will just help you with your asthma condition.
- Oral Medicine Gets Better Results than Inhalers: Absolutely not. In fact, it is proven that inhalers give better results than oral medications. Oral medication takes longer to act during a sudden asthma attack while inhalers deliver the drug directly to the lungs.
- Inhalers Are Meant For Severe Asthma Cases: Well, this again is not true. Inhalers are used for treating asthma. Period. Asthma is a condition where your lungs inflame which is best cured with steroids, and the easiest way to have steroids administered to you is through the inhalation method. When you use the inhalers, the steroids are delivered directly to your lungs. They also have a minimum number of side effects when administered through inhalers.
- Asthma is Curable: You might tend to think that asthma can be cured with the help of proper medications. You might think that asthma is not a constant condition. But it is not what you think. The symptoms of asthma might not be present all the time but that doesn't mean you do not have asthma. Asthma is a long-term condition where the airways swell up causing you to suffer from breathlessness. If you suddenly stop taking your daily medicines because the symptoms have not surfaced, then it will take you a long time before you will be able to totally recover from the next attack you suffer from.
If you have asthma, remember to take your medicines daily and timely.
If one sperm starts fertilizing an egg after having sex with a man and then if the girl have sex again with a different man without condom after 4 or 7 days of doing the first, then what may happen in case of 2nd sperm? Will it work? The second sperm will be in her body or not? If it is gonna stay, then for how many days? And in case of any test on pregnancy related, can there be anything on the report about even a sign of two sperm in her body?
Pearly Penile Papules, in medical term is known as Hirsutoid Papillomas. This tends to develop just around the head of the penis. The size and colour varies from one person to another but usually they appear pink-white and measure somewhere between 1 to 4 millimeters in diameter, resembling like small pimples.
Once a man develops these pearly penile papules, they tend to stay with the person for the rest of his life. With the advancement of age, the growths can start to fade but there will be no change in shape, color or even spread further over a period of time. There are no symptoms as such.
- Doctors are not sure about, what really causes pearly penile papules. These occurrences are considered to be quite normal and anywhere between 8 and 43 percent of men have them.
- Pearly penile papules are not caused as a result of any infection or disease and they are neither contagious not harmful in nature.
- One noticeable fact is that these appear to be more common among black complexioned men and the ones whose foreskin has not yet been removed from the penis.
There are mainly two very effective permanent treatment options available for Pearly Penile Papules. They include:
The process involves cleaning the region with sterilized saline solution. A topical anesthetic gets applied on the area and kept occluded with a wrap for an hour. Around 1-3 PDL treatments get performed with the use of a 5-mm spot size and 0.50 ms pulse duration, ranging from 6 J/cm2 to 10 J/cm2. It causes minimum discomfort to patients.
Ablation Carbon Dioxide Lasers-
The CO2 lasers have the unique ability to hit the specific areas without causing damage to the nearby tissues. Before the treatment, a numbing cream is applied to the affected portion. As and when the cream gets totally activated, dermatologist would administer the laser treatment by getting it focused and firing off the beam on individual papules, hence getting them vaporized instantly. The whole treatment takes only half an hour and it does not require any injection, thus making the process completely painless.
Radiofrequency Ablation is a highly effective procedure that does not involve incisions, stitches and hospitalization. It is basically a procedure that uses radio waves in order to destroy the selected areas of tissue, without affecting the other areas. This method used for Pearly Penile Papules removal is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that uses low-temperature, high –frequency waves in the radio bandwidth, consisting destroying the cells from within, cauterizing the affected area, preventing bleeding, infections and scarring. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
(less commonly prostatosis) is inflammation of the prostate gland. Prostatitis is classified into acute, chronic, asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis, and chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
Prostatitis is diagnosed in 8 percent of all urologist visits and 1 percent of all primary care physician visits
Carrot juice: a glass of carrot juice taken separately or in combination with spinach juice (in 3: 2 ratio), twice a day is an excellent remedy for prostatitis and other prostrate diseases.
Tomato: tomato contains vital antioxidants that help fight bacterial infection. It also contains bioflavonoid lycopene, which helps decrease incidence of urination. Thus tomato is an excellent remedy for prostatitis.
Cranberries: cranberries are a rich in antioxidants and other natural compounds which are very effective in treatment of urinary tract disorders like prostatitis. Cranberries have also been found effective in prostrate cancer.
Watermelon seeds: seeds of watermelon contain certain vital unsaturated fatty acids, which helps maintain ph level in of the urinary tract and bladder which is essential for maintaining a healthy prostrate. Watermelon seeds are recommended as a natural cure for prostatitis.
Papaya: papaya is a rich source ofbioflavonoid lycopene which is very essential for maintaining good prostrate health. This makes papaya an excellent home remedy for prostatitis.
Turmeric roots: the root of turmeric plant contains curcumin, which is a powerful anto toxin and helps alleviate inflammation of prostrate. A decoction made by boiling turmeric root in watecr when taken in 100 ml dosage, twice a day is an excellent remedy for prostatitis.
Diet comprising of steamed vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains and soy are effective in treatment of prostatitis.
Drink plenty of water (at least 10 glasses a day to increase flow of urine).
Foods to be avoided:
Spicy food and condiments
Food containing excessive starch (rice, barley, cornmeal, rye, breads, oatmeal,)
All kinds of meat (red meat is a strict no)
Food containing white refined sugar (sweets, candies, pie, cake etc)
Tea, coffee and alcohol
Excess salty food.