Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GirijaYour feedback matters!
I am now 7 month pregnant, everthing moving good, I am sacred regarding anesthesia, I undergone general anesthesia for lipo n spinal anesthesia fr appendicitis, 2 times I faced breath prblm n lyk fits n chills, even doct didn't ruled out why it happened, with in 2 month I have to deliver, I am really scared of delivery due to past anesthesia problem. Do I face any prblm during delivery? Hw to knw whether cn I give nrml or c section. I need solution for my problem.
Me and my husband are trying for baby. I want to know I generally feel bit heavy before and during my period, my due date is 17 and I have started feeling bit heavy, my question is there still a chance that I can get pregnant this time.
My age is 30 yrs, I have ammenoreah and alopecia, strong pcos, however had chemical pregnancy and had miscarriage in 18th week, it's been 5 weeks past after miscarriage, I wanted to know if I will get my periods naturally or should I take medicines and also should I undergo medication to get pregnant again, can I start TTC or should I wait for 2 to 3 cycles?
Worrying slows you down and only makes you dumb. It takes away your usual smartness and leaves you with lot of unwanted negativity. Besides, it makes your look older and your hair whiter! However, it is not easy to stop worrying as we worry about everything and for everyone. What we don't realise is that worrying has seldom achieved anything.
Here few things you can do to keep worrying at bay.
1. Postpone your worries to a specific time of the day - There is no point in worrying about something all day long. Not only does it affect your other work, it also affects your mind. Having said that, worrying can be helpful too. One might find a great solution, just with a little bit of pondering over the topic. So don't shun the worry, instead set aside a time to think about what is worrying you. Not only will it not gnaw on you mind all day, but you too can give it a constructive time when your mind is free of other preoccupations.
2. Use here and now techniques - Always try to remind yourself of what you should do “in this place”, “ at this time”, and focus on the activity or task you need to complete at that hour of the day.
3. Question your act of worrying - Evaluate the amount of time spend on worrying, how worrying is going to help you, how it can solve your problems or for that matter, the problems of others and in what better ways you could have spent the same time.
4. Relax yourself - Worrying can cause anxiety and tension which maintains the preoccupation and blocks the rational thinking process. So relax yourself. Use some systematic relaxation techniques or spend some time on any entertaining activity which relaxes you. Even having a casual chat or coffee along with your friend can be helpful.
5. Identify your negative thoughts - Try to identify the negative thoughts that arise in you which maintains the intensity of your worries. Challenge these negative thoughts and try to replace it with thoughts of hope and success
6. Develop problem solving skills: try to put your worries into a statement which describes the real core problem, brainstorm to find all the available solutions. Try to analyze the available solutions and choose the one that suits you the best. Start the solution at the earliest.
7. Develop acceptance - Many issues which you worry about may be the ones which are not in your control or even sometimes not your problem at all. Develop the tendency to accept that all issues will not be under your control at all times.
8. Prepare yourself to Wait - In case of worries about issues where uncertainty prevail, prepare yourself to wait till a concrete status I arrived at just like waiting for examination results.
9. Develop trust worthy friends - Good and trustworthy friends can help you in distracting your thoughts from the preoccupation with your worries and sometimes even provide effective solutions to the problems. Just sharing your worries with your friends may by itself give you some relief. Be careful not to engage with friend who would further add on to your confusion.
10. Seek help - if you feel that you are finding it difficult to come out of this vicious circle of worrying, don’t hesitate to meet a professional who can help you the resolve the problem
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 9 weeks pregnant and due to vomiting and indigestion am not able to eat any thing. Even if I take water am getting vomiting. From last 1 week am not eating anything. Does this effect my baby?
Hello doctors I am pregnant my seventh week is going on an I am with type 1 diabetes me insulin le rahe hu 32 units in morning and 26 units in evening totally on bed rest par sugar kabhi 150 aate hh kabhi 111 kabhi 103 kabhi pp 166 kabhi 158 kyaa kare koii ayurvedic medicine le sakti to control.
My wife's Breast is too small loosing her body structure. Please help me to recover her Brest in big and firm shape. Please advise.
Sir I had a semi paralysis means my left hand fingers were stroked. Now I had took my treatment can drink alcohol.
Hello ; My periods is not happening today is 37th day generally my period will ocur with in 35 days. I done sex with condom and I checked in pregnancy kit the result shoes negative. It shows tha I am not pregnant why my period is not ocuring.
Masturbation | get the facts about masturbation
To masturbate means to stimulate yourself in a sexual way. It involves touching one's own body and sexual organs for sexual pleasure. Masturbation is common, and many women engage in this sexual activity more women than you think! it's a safe kind of sex play, and it can bring many health benefits as well as allowing you to learn about your body.
For many of us, masturbation is a taboo topic. There are many myths about masturbation that can cause us to feel guilty about it, and many women feel ashamed about doing it. However, masturbation is a natural and common activity for both women and men, as it's a natural form of exploration of our own body.
Studies show that around 7 out of 10 men and 5 out of 10 women masturbate, as well as being common for teens to masturbate whilst they begin to learn about their bodies. People can begin to masturbate at different stages of their lives, many even from childhood as they begin to explore their changing bodies.
There are many reasons why people masturbate. Some reasons are:
To relieve sexual tension;
To achieve sexual pleasure;
To reach orgasm when partners are unavailable;
To explore the body to figure out what you like;
To relax and relieve stress.
Masturbation can be good for both your mental and physical health. People who masturbate tend to feel more confident sexually and about themselves, and it's also one of the best ways to learn about your sexuality. It helps you to explore the types of touch that you like the most, and helps you to learn how to get excited and how to reach orgasm. Learning about what feels good to you can also increase your chance of feeling sexual pleasure with your sex partner; you will feel more comfortable with your body and will begin to know your rhythm and how you feel when you're aroused. When your confidence and comfort levels are high which masturbation can help with it's easier to let your partner know what you like.
Masturbation can also improve your ability to have orgasms, as you get to understand your body and how it feels when you're close to climaxing. It can also help you sleep and relax you, so there really are many benefits and it's not something that you should be ashamed of. Many people feel shame or guilt about masturbating, however only you can decide if it's right for you and if you're comfortable with it; that's the main thing.
Different people enjoy different things when they masturbate. Women may stimulate parts of their vagina, such as the clitoris, inner or outer labia, vaginal opening of the anus. Many women prefer to rub near to but not on the clitoris, because direct stimulation can be very intense. Some women also use sex toys such as vibrators and dildos during masturbation to increase their arousal, so if you do this make sure to read the directions and clean your toy properly.
Remember that masturbation is a natural part of exploration of your body and can occur from any age, so don't listen to the myths and don't feel guilty about doing something that's a perfectly normal part of your body's development.