Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. GhanshyamYour feedback matters!
The kidneys are the main excretory organs and remove all toxins and wastes from the body in a liquid medium, the urine. The urine is normally straw coloured as there are filters which do not allow blood to enter the kidneys. However, due to various reasons, when there is a disease in the urinary tract, red blood cells can escape into the urine. The urine then assumes a pinkish tinge; the exact colour would depend on the amount of blood leaked. While the thought of pinkish urine is scary, it becomes a bigger concern when seen in children. Read on to know a little more about the types, causes, and ways to manage this condition.
- Microscopic: When there is blood visible only through a microscope. This is quite common in children, and unless there is no accompanying kidney disease, it does not pose a problem when found occasionally.
- Gross: It is when the color of the urine changes to a pinkish tinge. This is of concern and requires immediate attention.
There are various reasons and some of them are listed below
- Inherited causes: Conditions like sickle cell disease, polycystic kidney disease, Kidney stones and inherited nephritis.
- Structural causes: Cysts in the kidneys can cause hematuria
- Trauma: An injury (to the abdominal area) during sports should be ruled out, which could have damaged the problem
- Infections: Infections along the entire urinary tract right from glomerulonephritis to kidneys to bladder can cause blood in the urine 5. Imbalances in minerals: High levels of serum calcium, which puts them at a higher risk of developing kidney stones later. Dietary calcium should be reduced. These children also could have a history of stones in the family.
- Idiopathic: When the cause of the hematuria is not known, it is termed idiopathic.
Hematuria is an indication or a symptom of an underlying medical condition (be it infection or trauma) and the underlying cause always needs complete evaluation. Accompanying symptoms can help narrow down the diagnosis. If any inherited cause is suspected, presence of hematuria should always be assessed in parents and grandparents.
- Check for history of trauma
- Known prior kidney disease
Symptoms of infection
- Family medical history
- Urine tests to analyse its composition
- Urine culture, MRI, CT scanning, or biopsy may be required in more serious cases.
When to worry?
- Associated proteinuria
- Microscopic hematuria which is persistent
- Kids with high blood pressure
- Kids with other existing kidney diseases
In most cases, no specific treatment for hematuria is required as the condition subsides after the underlying problem is addressed. For instance, once the infection clears, the hematuria also clears. Follow-up urine tests may be required to confirm that it is cleared. Blood in urine must always be evaluated by pediatric nephrologist as its causes range from very mild disease to rapidly evolving kidney failure, which may occur over days to weeks.
Doctor. My problem is while masturbation my sperm doesn't ejaculates out with force. It remains intact on my penis and then gradually it comes out. Whether it is a serious issue or is a normal phenomenon!
I am married man and whenever I saw my penis I became disappointed it's is small in size after erecting. So is any way or any medicines to make large or normal size. Please sir help me out.
I have been suffering from internal haemorrhoids since last 3 yrs. I have been taking ayurvedic treatment to ease constipation and stool activity but the occurrence is always on and off. A gastroenterologist has suggested hemorrhoidectomy as its 3rd degree. I have rarely experienced bleeding but the discomfort and burn is present. I have tried all possible medications but it does not heal completely. I am afraid of the complications of surgery. Pls suggest.
What are the symptoms of flu and tell me the precautions nd tell me the diagnose of flu and tell me the name which should be taken in flu.
If you are a diabetic one of the major challenges you face is to keep your sugar levels under control all the time. The temptation to indulge in food versus the consequences of a raised blood sugar is a dilemma you face everyday. So what is the way to deal with this situation.
It is important that you don't starve and have food enough to keep you going through the day whether you are working or not. Thus it is important to understand the food you are eating. Lets say that food can be of 2 types. Even food that will not raise your sugars too much and odd foods that will raise your blood sugar easily and quickly.
Examples of even food s are vegetables, fruits which are not too sweet and moderate quantities of rice and pulses. Examples of odd foods are sweets, sweet sugary drinks, sugar heavy products, excessive quantities of cereals and pulses etc.
So the easy way to balance your diet is to use even foods for hunger and odd foods to be avoided as much as possible.
Of course the effects of exercise and regular medications should not be ignored in managing diabetes.