Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Gerard J Mascarenhas

MBBS, MD - General Medicine

General Physician, Bangalore

52 Years Experience  ·  200 at clinic
Dr. Gerard J Mascarenhas MBBS, MD - General Medicine General Physician, Bangalore
52 Years Experience  ·  200 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. Gerard J Mascarenhas
Dr. Gerard J Mascarenhas is an experienced General Physician in Brigade Road, Bangalore. He has had many happy patients in his 52 years of journey as a General Physician. He is a qualified MBBS, MD - General Medicine . He is currently practising at Viveka Clinic in Brigade Road, Bangalore. Book an appointment online with Dr. Gerard J Mascarenhas and consult privately on has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore, - 1965
MD - General Medicine - - 1975
Languages spoken
Professional Memberships
Association of Physicians of India


Book Clinic Appointment

Viveka Clinic

#157-2, St. Patrick's Complex, Brigade Road. Landmark: St Patricks Commercial ComplexBangalore Get Directions
200 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Gerard J Mascarenhas

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am 41 yes old male and I am having fungus on both thighs and I have used many ointments but after sometime it again appear and too much itching is there.

General Physician, Chandigarh
Apply candid b cream locally for e few days till it recovers completely and keep that part absolutely clean and dry.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from fever so wt can I do to control the high fever symptoms:-high fever.

General Physician, Mumbai
For fever take tablet paracetamol 650 mg and Eat nutritious food and have adequate fluid intake and take physical rest
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering cough from last 2 week. My chest are pained when I am hard cough. So please help me. I can not understand what should I do. Please help.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, take Senega pentarken , 2 tabs thrice daily. Alpha CC , 2 tabs twice daily . Alpha COff , 2 tsp ,with hot water,thrice daily. Revert me after 7 days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir I am suffering from headache from 3 to 4 weeks. Sometimes it occurs. When I went to himachal I am not suffering from headache but when I came back I am suffering from same problem. So tell me the solution I am not taking any medication.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Hyderabad
May be due to change from cold to heat. Homoeopathy has good treatment for your problem, without causing adverse effects. Take homoeopathic medicine bryonia 200 daily in the morning and in the evening and give feedback after 6 days.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
Facts about anaemia
Certain forms of anaemia are hereditary and infants may be affected from the time of birth it is advisable to undergo genetic counselling before getting pregnant
It can be prevented by eating a healthy varied diet rich in vitamins and minerals
2 people found this helpful

What is the most effective remedy for the common cold? I usually have blocked nose every morning when I wake up.

General Physician, Mumbai
Whenever there is mucous discharge from the nostrils I will suggest you to take one tablet of cetrizine at night.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from migraine for last 12 years, Is there any permanent treatment for it. Please reply.

DM - Neurology
Neurologist, Rajkot
Many patients of epilepsy undergo complete remission if seizures are controlled with medicines. It depends on how well your seizures are managed.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How can cure night fall and premature ejaculation plzz help? Is there any 100% guaranteed medication either homeopathic or any others.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear Lybrate user. I can understand. A Night fall / nocturnal emission / wet dream or involuntary leakage is an involuntary ejaculation of semen that occurs during sleep or along with urine while urination. Studies show that approximately 83% of men experience a nocturnal emission or leakage at some point in their lives. There is nothing wrong with a person if he or she experiences a nocturnal orgasm or nocturnal emission or leakage, as they are normal and healthy experiences. If you have experienced a wet dream, you should not feel ashamed. There is no way to prevent nocturnal orgasms or emissions from happening. Sage tea is the best home remedy which is used to treat conditions such as nightfall. If you drink at least two cups in a day, the chances of getting wet dreams will reduce too. Take fenugreek with honey on a regular basis. Exercise regularly and practice yoga and meditation to keep calm and relaxed. I suggest online sex counseling. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 33 old and mom of 4.5 years old - I am having tough time in my personal life and I feel that I am getting panicked very easily and unable to think anything positive at this moment - however I want to come out of this depression - I cannot discuss everything - I just need some suggestion how can I come out of this depression and live a normal life - I have a headache all the time. Joint pain all over my body - I have vitamin D3 deficiency too leading me to been in pain all the time. I feel breathless at times along with lot of tiredness - I am unable to do my routine work efficiently like before.?

M.Sc - Psychological Counseling, B.A ( Hons) - Psychology
Psychologist, Delhi
Hello lybrate-user, I am sorry to learn about all the difficulties you are facing. Our mind and bodies have a strong connection- our mind reflects the weakness and lethargy due to some deficiencies in the body. Similarly, the body responds by the change in emotions as a result of these physical changes which are felt by the mind. You have a small baby and you should be able to care for her/him to your fullest potential, as their childhood will not return. Therefore, I hope you are able to overcome your emotional problems, soon. As for physical problems, I would strongly advise you do a full body check-up once and get following tests done- 1. Thyroid profile 2. Vit d3 3. Vit b12 4. Hba1c (glycated sugar) once when you get your test reports consult your physician as to what diet and lifestyle modifications should be made. And also take medication, if any required. Ffollow your doctor's advise, thereafter as deligently as possible. If your body will get fitter you mind will slowly begin to feel better and the quality of your thoughts and moods will improve. You will also feel more open to talking about any life problems if they are bothering you or you're not able to find a solution to. Don't worry, this is just a temporary phase. I hope my advise helps you. Good luck.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello. One of my best friend is 7weeks pregnant as per ultrasound. But the heart beat of baby still not found as per doc. Blood is coming out through urine. Is it any serious condition? For baby or mother? How can it identify or solved?

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
If gestational sac diameter is less than 25 mm and if crl is visible and if crl is less than 7 mm and heartbeat is not visible, repeat ultrasound is needed after a week. As you r already bleeding you should report this to your doctor. And please check your report for the above mentioned parameters.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, I can't take long duration at time of sexual performance. I can't take more time? Now wht I will do sir?

Homeopath, Mumbai
Hello lybrate-user! Premature ejaculation occurs due to many reasons like addiction to alcohol, smoking and masturbation! Or any underlying disease! Or stress, anxiety etc Need to know to rule out cause. Avoid oily spicy fatty and non veg! Stop all addiction!
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am facing some problems because of my night job. After every one day m getting sick and because of that I am becoming very thin also. It us affecting on my health badly so please help me about this problem. Thanks.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Please change the occupation as it is taxing your health badly. Night shift work is not suitable to everyone hence advised so. You change job, have day time sound and peaceful sleep.
7 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 years old male, I am struggling with dry cough for 2years what should I do kindly do the need full sir.

General Physician, Cuttack
If you have chronic cough do tests like ESR, CBC. Sputum for AFB, Mantoux test, X ray chest and consult chest physician with report
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Psychiatrist, Nagpur
Internet addiction is now considered as one of the most serious health issues globally. - american j. Of psychiatry.
3 people found this helpful

I'm a male 30yrs old. My penis length is 5cm when flacid and 11cm when erect. Is this a normal size for an adult or should I consult a doctor for further observation? thanks.

Penis size cannot be increased, unless you have hormonal problems size of penis varies from person to person, like other physical features like height etc. On an average, it ranges from 3.5 inches to 5.5 inches on erection. In pornographic films they show big penis by injecting drugs etc. Which is harmful, so most people have wrong ideas about penis size.
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 23 old girl I have self sex with Ms. every day is this harmful to me I just love to have this it had been my habit now.

Diploma in Diabetology, Pregnancy & Diabetes, Hypertension, Cardiovascular Prevention in Diabetes ,Thyroid
Sexologist, Sri Ganganagar
No not at all. Do every day or many times a day. But do hygenicaly and with fullenjoy including long foreplay like sensate focus.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am male 30 year old my problem is sleep state to slowly slowly jump my body from before 5 year do you have any medicine pls reply medicine name.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai
hi you should explain some other symptom also ....... means snoring sleepless sleep time ...... i suggest you some commen remedies for this 1.saraswatarishta 4 tsp after lunch and dinner 2.chandra kala ras vati 2 tab after lunch and dinner
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife suddenly faints from few days. She also gets frequent leg pain. Checked with orthopedic doc. He says normal. Please advise.

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. Fainting is definitely not an orthopaedic problem, you will need to consult a general physician for this. As far as leg pain is concerned there can be multiple reasons, but I would like you to get some investigations done for her: - cbc, esr, crp, serum vitamin d levels, serum electrolytes please reach out to me once you have these investigation reports so that I can advise accordingly. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Reason for nausea or vomiting in pcos. My pregnancy report is negative. Is it necessary to visit doctor?

Certified Diabetes Educator, Registered Dietitian (RD), PGDD, Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (B.U.M.S), General Physician
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mumbai
Seek prompt medical attention if nausea and vomiting are accompanied by other warning signs, such as: chest pain severe abdominal pain or cramping blurred vision fainting confusion cold, clammy, pale skin high fever and stiff neck fecal material or fecal (foul) odor in the vomit I am a doctor and registered dietitian who will prescribe a customized diet plan and medications to help in nausea. Do reply back for private consultation for a detailed treatment plan including dietary therapy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed