Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. George Tansen
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. George TansenYour feedback matters!
1. Most common cause of pain between 15-35 years of age is fibro-cystic disease, which occurs due to hormonal fluctuations.
2. In fibrocystic disease, there is cyclical pain, which is more in intensity just before the menstrual periods
3. Cyclical pain is commonly seen in patients who are overweight and hypothyrooid.
4. Ultrasound should always be done to rule out any lumps/ cancer.
5. During these episodes of pain, try wearing a sports bra. It offers good support and reduces the pain. You can also apply anti-inflammatory gels over the site of pain.
6. Large cysts (>1.5 cm) should be aspirated - they help in reducing pain
7. Cancer usually presents as a painless lump in the breast
8. Sometimes breast pain can be due to musculo-skeletal causes.
9. If there is one particular point, where pain in occurring (specially close to the middle), then it could be due to costo-chondritis (inflammation of the joint between cartilage and bone)
10. Costo-chondritis can be managed by pain-killers and local injection of steroids
Please make sure you get yourself treated from an expert breast surgeon, who knows the various causes of breast pain and their management.
I am 28 years male. I am suffering from obesity my height is 172 cm and weight is 85 kg. I am also suffering from constipation.
Hi I'm confused I've heard somewhere that one should keep his or her skin moisturized throughout the day. Is it right? If it is then how can I do that. There are lots of moisturizers in the market and I'm totally confused which one to pick. I've never anything like that so am just worried if it's okay for my skin or not. So help me get through this. Thanks in advance.
Sensitive Skin - What is it and approach?
Sensitive skin is a condition of subjective cutaneous hyper-reactivity to environmental factors.
What are the symptoms?
If you have sensitive skin, you may have an exaggerated reaction to cosmetics, soaps, and sunscreens which can worsen after exposure to dry and cold climates.
Although no sign of irritation is commonly detected, itching, burning , stinging and a tight sensation are constantly present.
Patients with sensitive skin can present with either skin that appears normal to the eye or overt skin disease.
Consult a dermatologist (recommended)
Basic skin-care and cosmetic recommendations to minimize chances of encountering problems:
Eliminate common irritants like soaps, cosmetics.
Select products from a manufacturer who uses high-quality pure ingredients free of contaminants
Paraben preservatives have proven to be least problematic
For cleansing, use SYNDET bars/Lipid-free cleansers
Draelos cosmetic selection criteria in sensitive skin
Powder cosmetics should be selected
Cosmetics should be water removable
Old cosmetics should be discarded
Eyeliner and mascara should be black
Pencil formulations for eyeliner and eyebrow cosmetics
Eye shadows should be earth toned(tan, beige, light pink and cream)
Avoid chemical sunscreens in cosmetics
Avoid nail polishes
Select cream/powder facial foundations, or if liquid, silicone-based formulations
The raw food diet has gained traction over the last few years and a growing number of people are trying this diet. The raw food diet has great fitness benefits as it includes eating unprocessed, unfrozen food. The raw food consumed as part of this diet is never exposed to a temperature greater than 115 degrees. While the diet requires a great amount of motivation to continue, it yields great results over the long term.
Here is a list of benefits that could be obtained from consuming raw foods:
- Increase in the consumption of fruit: The whole raw food regime consists of consuming lots of fruits. Fruits are rich in vitamins, minerals and a lot of vital nutrients that are essential for the body. It keeps the body energized, helps in digestion, replenishes the body and controls the appetite. Being rich in fiber, fruits can help in weight loss and regularize bowel movement.
- Increase the consumption of vegetables: Vegetables provide low protein and loads of minerals to the diet. Leafy green vegetables such as spinach, kale, carrots, beans etc. can aid muscle growth and repair. Raw food in the form of vegetables can ensure adequate nutrients for the body.
- Balancing nutrition: Contrary to common belief, the raw food diet has the exact quantity of carbohydrate, protein, and fat that accounts for a healthy and balanced diet. There are ample choices available to balance the nutrition in each category. Raw vegetables can make the body feel light and clean.
- Simple carbohydrates: The raw diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, and other plant-based foods can be easily broken down and digested by the body. This helps the digestive system to work effortlessly. Consumption of processed foods, on the other hand, takes a lot of effort by the body to break down into simpler particles.
- Good for heart: The raw food diet is extremely beneficial for the heart. Owing to its low-sodium, low-cholesterol content, raw food can reduce the risk of a person contracting complicated cardiovascular diseases. It also allows the heart to pump normally and spread oxygen equally to every part of the body.
- Retain vitamins: Most food items lose their vitamins once they are heated, frozen or cooked. Raw food, on the other hand, can keep the vitamin content intact and deliver the exact quantity of vitamins to the body.
- Don't have to measure calories: This is perhaps the best part of the raw food diet. As long as the diet is raw, a person can have as much food as he wants. Calorie counting is something that one need not worry about when it comes to the raw food diet. Furthermore, the body can easily digest it too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!