Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geethanjali K GYour feedback matters!
My teeth r becoming yellow from white. My age is 18. I do brush regularly and twice for about 2-3 mins. Still no effect is shown. please advice me some tips or any toothpaste can help. Tnx.
I am 31 years old and want to inline my teeth with fastest results. What is the cost and treatment period of metal braces with straight wire.
I am a male of 27 years n have blister like thing in my gums. I pickle and throw the water. But still the bluster appears on my gums. What will I do to get rid of it.
I have a problem of bleeding in mouth in morning, Please suggest me for home remedies to get away from this problem.
Unlike other teeth which erupt at specific period of time, the wisdom teeth, in normal adults, erupt anytime from late teenage years to adulthood. The refined food habits in the recent times have reduced the need for a third molar. Also, our jaw sizes have reduced with evolution, and oftentimes, there is less space for these to erupt completely, causing their impaction. The chances of infection developing within the tooth and in the surrounding tissues is very high, requiring removal. Before you go ahead with removal, know the following four things.
- Get a buddy: In addition to the effects of anesthesia, there also would be moderate pain and discomfort, depending on how traumatic the extraction was. It is always best to have someone accompany you for the visit. This also helps you reach home safely without having to drive.
- Numb tongue and lips: The wisdom tooth removal is done under a local anesthesia where the entire quadrant is numbed before the procedure. Therefore, the chances of chewing on the tongue and the lip are quite high. Be careful to consciously avoid this as there are a lot of people who do not feel pain, but continue to chew on the tongue or lip and end up with injuries.
- Pain Management: Once the effect of anesthesia wears off, the pain will slowly set in, and will depend on how traumatic the extraction was. It is always advisable to take a pain killer before the anesthetic effect wears off, usually 30 to 40 minutes after the extraction process is over.
- Diet: For the first couple of days, stay on a completely soft diet with nothing spicy, hard, or hot to eat. One of the best things to have after an extraction is an ice cream, which can be continued for a couple of days after the extraction. Yogurt, smoothies, milkshakes, mashed vegetables and well-cooked rice are all good food choices.
- Smoking: If you have had an extraction, avoid smoking for at least a week. The negative pressure created during smoking can dislodge the clot that is formed in the tooth socket. This can lead to a complication called dry socket, which can be very painful. Avoid smoking at all costs, especially with wisdom tooth extractions.
- Postoperative follow-up: Based on the complexity of the extraction, a postoperative follow-up would be required. Be prompt in following up with your dentist for suture removal, check on socket healing and postoperative irrigation of the surgical site. Resume routine oral hygiene practices as recommended by the doctor.
Wisdom tooth removal requires a little extra caution as compared to a normal extraction, the ideal thing to do is to follow your dentist’s advice.
My bottom tooth is having irritation. But I don't have pain. When I keep touching that teeth using tongue it is little bit soothing. I tried sensodyne paste as well. But its of no use. Can you please guide me?
I am 25 year female met with an dental accident in. I have gone through a dental surgery and had wire braces on teeth five years ago. Now m having foul smell or bad breath problem after that aaccident. Wat should I do?
Some doctor says my teeth was suffering from pyria? Can scaling is better for my teeth otherwise please you give me suggestion for being my healthy teeth?
My teeth is light yellow colour and one of them teeth is half spoil how to do my teeth in white colour.
When I eat anything excluding sweet the test of the food I am eating as if like I am eating red chili powder. Why so?
I have yellowish teeth and after brushing so much they are not having white as still I am confused how to turn them white back!
Gud morning sir, I'm facing a problem i. E. Bad smell come from mouth, I don't know why it happens but I tried many tooth pastes n in a day 2 times etc but there is no charge and my teeth looking good n white.
My teeth r little bit yellowish so hw to erase dt yellowish n make white teeth please suggest any paste r any oil or else?
Hello i'm Mohammed Mustafa here i'm currently obese and suffering from pre hypertension any ideas how I can reduce my weight fast and do not suffer more from these diseases as i'm 15 and am really in need for advice i'm scared with current position any ideas how can I improve myself I guess I have had experienced sleep apnea as well don't know yet if it is a cause of pre hypertension as per the fact i'm really concerned please help me i'm scared of these diseases I just want to be perfect please help me in this journey to a safer life. And any diet plan or anything else please tell me about them and what should I eat to shed this weight off me as per the fact I am a teen from a diabetic mother could these be the effect of that I have tried to shed my weight for so long now still no progress weight just seems to climb up rather than go down i'm worried I do not want to suffer from diabetes or blood pressure but if there are home remedies whats bad then I can surely help my self then regards.
Dental implants are a popular and effective way to replace missing teeth and are designed to blend in with your other teeth. They are an excellent long-term option for restoring your smile. In fact, the development and use of implants is one of the biggest advances in dentistry in the past decades. Dental implants are made up of titanium and other materials that are compatible with the human body. They are posts that are surgically placed in the upper or lower jaw, where they function as a sturdy anchor for replacement teeth.
Most patients find that a dental implant is secure, stable and a good replacement for their own tooth.
There are generally three phases to getting an implant:
• First, the dentist surgically places the implant into the jawbone. Your dentist may recommend a diet of soft foods, cold foods and warm soup during the healing process.
• Next, the bone around the implant heals in a process called osseointegration. What makes an implant so strong is that the bone actually grows around it and holds it in place. Osseointegration means “combines with the bone” and takes time. Some patients might need to wait until the implant is completely integrated, up to several months, before replacement teeth can be attached to the implant. Other patients can have the implants and replacement teeth placed all in one visit.
• Finally, it’s time for the placement of the artificial tooth/teeth. For a single tooth implant, your dentist will customize a new tooth for you, called a dental crown. The crown will be based on size, shape, color and fit, and will be designed to blend in with your other teeth. If you are replacing more than a single tooth, custom-made bridges or dentures will be made to fit your mouth and your implants. The replacement teeth usually take some time to make. In the meantime, your dentist may give you a temporary crown, bridge or denture to help you eat and speak normally until the permanent replacement is ready.
If you are interested in dental implants, it's a good idea to discuss it carefully with your dentist first. If you are in good general health this treatment may be an option for you. In fact, your health is more of a factor than your age. You may be medically evaluated by a physician before any implant surgery is scheduled.
Chronic illnesses, such as diabetes or leukemia, may interfere with healing after surgery. Patients with these issues may not be good candidates for implants. Using tobacco can also slow healing.