Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha ShashidharYour feedback matters!
I was on Diane 35 and the last pill I took on 29th December. I should have got my period in a week. But I have still not got my periods. Pls advise.
HI Dr. I AM SUFFERING FROM all time dizziness and lots of weakness and headache from a long time I am very tensioned about my health I have also problem of irregular periods and my hemoglobin is low and water deficiency is also low Please doctor tell me the solution to get rid of all these.
I am 40 year old woman I am very sad because my body is very weak and having pain in whole body so what should I do ?
I got 3T Mamo done and below is the report. Could you help me on next steps? Mr. Morphology suggests Fibroadenoma within the upper inner quadrant of right breast at 1 o’clock position. BIRADS category 3.
I was pregent in month dec 2014 but it aborted due the heart beat was not there so when can except pregency again and this month I did not get period this month so I have check the pregency test also but it was negative so whay reason for this problem.
I want to know the early symptoms of pregnancy. I had my periods on 15th feb. Last week my lower abdomen was paining a lot and also pain in my breast. Was feeling full bloated and less hungry. Now also sometimes little little pain in breast and not much hungry. Am I pregnant?
I'm 22 year old. On March 3rd 2016 I delivered baby boy, it's c-section operation. After 2 months my regular periods stopped for 4 months. Suggest me something. Is it OK.
Hi gud morning I am pregnent my last lmp is 07.06.16 by as per our ultrasound report the bay growth is very slow and doctor suggest m, e they will give medicine for growth and after they will check if growth is not normal then what I do.
I'm suffering from lower stomach pain and leg pain during my menstrual time. From which I cannot do any work and the pain is killing me and the pain start before I get my periods n after I get my periods also the pain continue badly. So I take metal forte as a pain cular. But from this also I won't get any relief. So doctor please help me and I will be really thankful to you. My age is 22.
I just got my preconception tests done and it shows prolactin levels 51 AMH 0.891ng/ml and TSH 6.15. Please tell me can I conceive naturally?
What is best day to have a relationship for pregnancy? My wife has regular period ,sometimes 1 -2 days gets late or early. Or any tips if you can provide? We have tried 3-5 times in 2 years of 5-6 months interval but didn't get result?
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
- Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
- Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
- Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the childbearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
- Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
- Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: Non steroid, anti-inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.