Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha.r. JinkaYour feedback matters!
I am male age 27years, I have married last, tomorrow is that date for my wife's menstrual so can we have sex today? We do not need pregnancy, Will be there any chance of pregnancy?
I experience lower left abdominal pain with vaginal discharge (clear sometimes, sometimes with very little blood or clots, as seen during periods) every 2-3 months of not every month. This usually happens around my mid menstrual cycle. It's dull, stabbing pain that increases with time and passes away on its own. With this, I also experience increased flatulence and the pain lasts for hours and hurts even more with movement. I just usually wait for it to pass. I'm wondering if it's something serious. I don't bother going to the doctor since it passes within hours, sometimes it also lasts upto half a day. Help and thank you.
She had her periods last on 13th Feb. After that she had unprotected sex with her bf on 2nd March. Is there any chances of her getting pregnant. If yes, please suggest something to avoid this pregnancy.
I am 39 week pregnant. In my color doppler Dr. told that baby has two cord around the neck. Than in 38 week Dr. said one loose cord around the neck. My Dr. told me to go for c section. Can not I deliver normally?
While doing sex my penis is not able to go inside vagina due to not strong and hard But I have fully hot and tempt and everything coming outside vagina. I have not able to insert my penis inside because of fully soft. Please advice me.
During pregnancy a woman’s body undergoes constant changes. The entire body tries to accommodate place for the growing uterus as hormones levels drastically fluctuate and ligaments stretched. Pelvic pain and the ensuing discomfort around this time is a common phenomenon experienced by most women.
Though the pain may be harmless, at times it may also lead to serious repercussions. Therefore the identification of the causes that lead to pelvic pain during pregnancy is crucial. Some of them are:
- Accommodation pain: In the initial stages of pregnancy, women may experience cramps which are akin to the pain that precedes menstruation. However, in the case of pregnant women, the pain leads to no bleeding, but in all probability, is caused due to the expansion of the uterus.
- Round ligament pain: Amidst the host of changes that the body goes through, the ligament that goes from the uterus to the groin also undergoes a change; it expands. This is responsible for the pain in the sides especially when women are walking or getting up from a chair.
- Baby’s weight: As the weight of the fetus begins to increase it exerts a pressure on the nerves that move from the vagina to the legs. This causes a dull pain in the pelvic region which increases considerably with walking and riding a car. This is most commonly felt by women who are in their third trimester.
- Urinary Tract Infection: According to reports, most women suffer from urinary tract infection or UTI during pregnancy. This results in uncontrolled, often times, bloody urination and a pain in the abdomen. This is a major cause of concern as, if untreated, it infects the kidneys which in turn increases the risk of an early labour.
- Miscarriage: In the first trimester, a pain in the abdomen may be an indication of a miscarriage. In such a situation, the pain is followed by bleeding and cramps.
- Early labour: During pregnancy, an intermittent pain in the pelvic area and a back ache can also be suggestive of an early labour. If the contractions continue for over two hours after taking the necessary precautions like urinating and taking rest, it may be a sign of an early labor.
Meri 3 month pehle operation se baby hui h. Aur abhi do mahine se mere periods start ho gye. Please suggest me. Any type of precautions jo mujhe pregnancy se Bachaye. Please help me.
Hello doctors please help me I am worried. In january my period is start on 6 jan and finish oh 13 first 4 days have heavy flow and then slow. I had unprotected sex on 16 jan amd I took unwanted 72 on 17 jan within 23-24 hours. And on 29 jan I feel spotting and then bleeding with little clots its not heavy like my monthly periods but also not spotting its for 4-5 days first 2 days are normal bleeding and then spotting. My expected date of period is 6 february but my periods are delayed. I am bleeding on 9 feb but its not heavy like my monthly periods but also not spotting. I am very tensed. Please help me. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Am I pregnant? Please answer me.
I got recently married. I have taken contraceptive pill one week back and again I am in a need of it. My last period is on 14th December and expected is on 16th January. Whether can I have contraceptive pill now to avoid pregnancy.
Shirodhara rejuvenates and revitalizes the body and mind, relieves stress and strain related problems, slows the aging process, improves memory and is known to cure paralysis, insomnia, depression, anxiety, hypertension and other neurological disorders. It also bestows better vision, better hearing, clears nasal problems and ultimately strengthens your physical constitution.
The shirodhara offered by arogyam ayurveda is the authentic kerala treatment, unlike the head massage only type offered by many ayurveda centres and spas.
[shirodhara promotes profound relaxation with the steady flow of warm herbal oil poured on the forehead. It is beneficial for stress related disorders as it calms the nervous system, pacifies vatha and increases mental resilience. Its soothing, meditative effect releases deep seated tension and tiredness whilst also stilling restless or overactive minds. It can also be used to balance mood fluctuations, enhance intuition, increase mental clarity and improve memory. An unforgettable experience of pure bliss.
Good morning ma'am/sir. I missed my period, my LMP was 11 march-15 march. There is no previous history of any menstrual irregularity. Yesterday I went to gyanae, she conduct the upt test which is negative, and breast and pelvic exam which two are normal. I am obese, and they provide me with medroxyprogesterone acetate. And ask to conduct the test like prolactin, thyroid, GTT etc. This is happened to me first time and I am very much anxious. Pls provide an adequate health tips of good lifestyle and weight loss, what to eat or any thing else. Pls guide.
I have been passing hard stool since last 3-4 days that is causing stretching n pain in anus. I had c section delivery a month ago. please suggest any medicine.
She is not getting her periods fr more than 2 days in her cycle that too not heavy, further she is gaining weight too. She had 2 ipill one each last 2 months nd also has hormonal trouble in past. Could it be pregnancy? The periods happen every month but only flr two days with brownish thing and some blood. Please help.
Sex toys are a wonderful tool to spice up your love life and bring variety into the bedroom. The trend of using these toys is on their way up as more and more people are using them. However, there are certain things you should be mindful of while using them or if you are planning to start using them.
Some of the things you need to look out for are mentioned here.
- Determine how porous a toy is: This is a very important factor while choosing a toy as this will determine how its usage in the long run affects your health. The porosity determines two things about the toy:
- How absorbent the material is
- What material it is made out of
This is very important as extremely porous toys will encourage the accumulation of bacteria, which might fester in them and may increase the chance of infections in the long run. Material is also important as certain materials can be very harmful to your health when used in the long run.
- The material or chemical composition of the toy: This is one of the most important things you need to look out for. Even before buying a toy, it is advisable to look for the chemical composition of the toy, if possible. It would be better to look at its packaging to determine the materials. Some toys are known to contain phthalates or chemical plasticizers which are classified as carcinogenic and are commonly found in cheap sex toys.
- Using condoms with your toys: Most toys are supposed to be used with condoms as cleaning them and keeping them microbe free is much easier this way. Using condoms with your sex toys minimizes your chance of bacterial infection through the bacteria already deposited on the toy.
- Choose higher quality products from known manufacturers: The sex toy industry is not regulated by medical bodies in most places across the world and thus, smaller manufacturers may cut corners on their products and use materials that will be harmful to your health. Thus, it is advisable to stick with better known manufacturers who are trusted by customers and are known to make only the best quality products, even if they are pricier.
Calcium consumption is essential for bone development and maintenance throughout life, yet more than one half of the female population in the United States does not consume the recommended amount of calcium. Calcium intake is especially crucial during pregnancy and lactation because of the potential adverse effect on maternal bone health if maternal calcium stores are depleted. There is often a transient lowered bone mineral density and increased rate of bone resorption, with the greatest consequence during the third trimester and throughout lactation. Studies indicate that calcium consumption should be encouraged, especially during pregnancy and lactation, to replace maternal skeletal calcium stores that are depleted during these periods. Because the fetus in utero and the neonate through breast-feeding are dependent on maternal sources for the total calcium load, adequate maternal calcium intake also can affect fetal bone health positively. Proper calcium consumption can be attained through the diet by the consumption of dairy products or leafy greens (such as kale), the consumption of fortified foods, or by supplementation with widely available calcium-containing supplement products. Because many women experience heartburn during pregnancy, calcium-based antacids are ideal for providing heartburn relief, and they offer a calcium supplement to ensure maternal and fetal bone health, without the danger of adverse effects on the neonate.