Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am suffering from viral fever for last 2 days. What is the symptoms of viral fever, its precautions?
I'm 24 yrs old. I got scar on my face wen I get small pox. How to remove it. Tell some remedy. Presently I'm using glyco6.
I am 22 years old and am about 5'7" height. I want to gain a few more inches. Wat am I suppose to do?
Dear Doctor I am 50 years old i, my skin is loose as compare to other my age person. Pls guide how I can get tightness in my skin and improve my personality.
I have kidney stones. Doctor suggested me to continue STON 1 B6 syp. There is no need of surgery. I am continuing that medicine more than 1 year. Should I continue this medicine?
As recommended honey and lemon in warm water first thing in morning but what if one is having diabetes. The can one still make honey or avoid it and take only warm water with lemon.
Sir for 2 years I have pimples now pimples rarely coming but the old pimples marks are there how to cure.
Mere ghutne pe kareeb 20 din phle lag gae thee tabse dard hai or jahann dard hai vahann touch kro to jhunjunapan sa lagta hai so I want to ask ye kitne din me sahi ho sakta hai chalne me problem nai aati bt touch kiya jae to problem hoti hai.
Doctor I'm a 25 year age old student, I have stomach pain getting for more than 5 times in one day, so what I do for that problem with which you are hereby incorporated to take medical advice please tell me.
Monsoon is that delightful time when the weather finally takes a positive turn and we are relieved of the scorching heat. Along with the easily visible temperature change, monsoon brings a number of changes which can have an increasingly positive impact on our health.
Read on to find out four effective ways to make the best of this season:
1. Train your brain - it has been proven that a walk amidst nature is the most effective way to increase brain function. Monsoon season provides an ideal temperature for you to go out for a stroll to your nearby park or street and this can do a lot of good to your brain. Such walks have been found to increase both memory and focus to a considerable extent.
2. Indulge in outdoor activities - it is almost impossible to step out for exercises during the sweltering summer months as it can cause severe dehydration of the body. However, autumn brings a considerable temperature decrease with it and is the perfect time to indulge in healthy outdoor activities such as cycling, running, hiking etc.
3. Utilize the extra sunlight - autumn grants us one extra hour of sunlight and you should make the most of it. Exposing your body to the sun for a time period of 10-15 minutes on a daily basis can effectively cover the amount of vitamin d required by the body.
4. Consume seasonal fruits - a number of healthy fruits are available in autumn such as apples, which are packed with vitamin a and are extremely beneficial for eye, hair and skin health. Moreover, pumpkin and squash are other fruits which are rich sources of beta carotene and thus help in building immunity against diseases such as cancer and hypertension.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hi Doctor. I am a 23 year old boy. My lifestyle has become really bad, just like so many of my generation. I sleep around 4 at night consistently and wake up around 10, then work all day and it has become a routine for me. Moreover, owing to Googling my symptoms (from the smallest to the biggest), I have become somewhat of a hypochondriac. I worry about the smallest thing happening to me, mom or dad. It makes me feel stressed and anxious at all possible times. For a few months now, I have had this shaking feeling whenever I lie down. My doctor told me it was because of the stress in my mind. Now, for the past week, I have this been feeling this shaking sensation internally when I lie down, I walk or I stand. It's sort of like moving on a boat in water. What should I do?
Cananbis Sativa is a hemp plant, which creates a variety of drugs including marijuana. This plant has an active ingredient known as THC that makes a person feel high upon ingestion. The compounds of this ingredient can also affect the way a person's body functions. Usually, high doses of this can cause potentially life threatening effects on the person. It is mostly ingested in the form of dried leaves, flowers, stems and seeds. People also mix it in vapourisers, or brew it as tea. It may also be baked as cookies.
While the physical side effects are many, smoking or ingesting this substance can also lead to many mental side effects. Let us find out more:
- Physical Side Effects: As per various medical studies, the inhalation or ingestion of Cannabis can take your heart rate to an increased level of two times its normal rate. This state can last up to three hours. Also, people who have had very high doses or suffer from this increased heart rate for a prolonged period may die due to a sudden cardiac arrest. Dizziness and shallow breathing are also a part of the side effects while dilated pupils and red eyes may also be seen. Further, a sudden spike in one's appetite and a dry mouth are some of the other side effects.
- Cravings: A person who has ingested Cannabis may experience many side effects that are on the mental and emotional side. The more mild side effects include the experience of cravings for certain types of food, as well as an increase in one's appetite where the person does not manage to keep track of what he or she is eating, and in what quantity. Also, sleeplessness and irritability may set in.
- Mind and Mood Changes: After Cannabis ingestion, the person may feel extremely happy or extremely sad. Either which ways, the patient will feel a sense of detachment as far as reality goes. While he or she may not be acutely aware of the same, the people around the patient will be able to sense this with the words and actions of the person. The patient may also experience a distorted sense of time and motion, while depression and anxiety may also set in with prolonged abuse of this drug. Short term memory impairment may also take place, which can lead to forgetfulness regarding important details. Also, random thinking and strange fears may begin to plague the person in question.
No medicine should be taken by self. Unless prescribed by a doctor for the particular use for a particular period or a particular situation.
All the drugs labeled schedule are to be used only under medical supervision. The doctors have to monitor harms and benefits, it does to an individual.