Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha MuralidharaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old. Last I had my periods on 12th jan. My periods are irregular n are mostly 3-4 days late. I had sex on 28th jan with protection. And I haven't got my periods still. Am 6 days late. I do feel pain in my legs as I get it before periods but no periods yet. And there are no symptoms of pregnancy. Is it normal or anything to worry?
I married recently my wife 2nd itself created problem n told me I am avoiding I am not taking care of her n while sleeping I should turn to her side n sleep. 3rd I was suffering from severe headache she disturbed me n I told don't disturb for that she cried. Yesterday while from out of station my wife elder brother asked her any good news I told to my wife hello this is not joke intercourse I have done it vil take time, but she is not listening n she want baby immediately. Please give me gud answer for intercourse so that I vil show to my wife.
I am 23 years old my husband 25 years old we are trying to conceive since 6 months I have irregular periods. And my husband took semen test his sperms Count was 26 ml but motility was 24% what should I do? So scared about my life pls answer asap.
Asthma, the long term inflammatory disease, affects the airways of lungs. A number of symptoms, including obstruction of air flow into the lungs, which can cause breathlessness, coughing, wheezing, allergic reactions and swelling of the tubes, points to it. The causes include genes as well as pollution in the environment which is resulting in an increasing number of cases. The diagnosis is usually done with a spirometry and the treatment is a long term process.
Women who suffer from asthma have to be especially vigilant during pregnancy as it can lead to a number of complications including less air passage to the foetus. This can result in a slow rate of development and certain anomalies in extreme cases. So how can a pregnant lady manage asthma? Here are a few tips:
- Involve Pulmologist: To begin with, the obstetrician and the pulmonologist must both be well aware of the situation. The pulmonologist must be given detailed information with regards to allergies as well as past treatment and medical history so that the treatment is done systematically to prevent an asthmatic attack and any complications to the foetus.
- Lung Function: During pregnancy, the doctor must monitor lung function carefully with monthly check ups to ensure that the right amount of oxygen is reaching the foetus. This is done because the severity of asthma changes in most women during pregnancy. A spriometry or peak flow metre can be used to measure the lung function. Also, the foetal movements must be monitored on a monthly basis, or rather, once every 28 days, to be more specific.
- Influenza: Flu is a common outcome of asthma, especially when it becomes severe during pregnancy. The onset of flu or influenza must be prevented at all costs with the help of a flu vaccine that will be effective at least for a season at a time. It is a pregnancy safe injection.
- Triggers: There are many things that may trigger an asthmatic attack or an allergic reaction that can lead to the same. Ensure that you do not suffer from these triggers by avoiding dust, pollen, tobacco smoke and varied other substances that can lead to choking and wheezing.
- Medication: One must ask the doctor about pregnancy safe inhaled corticosteroids that one can take during pregnancy if and when the need arises.
It is recommended to take medication for asthma during pregnancy only after a consultation with the doctor. Also, do not reduce the dose of the medicine unless your doctor has recommended a change.
I am 48 years how to test myself at home whether I am pregnant or not. If yes how to remove and come out of it.
It may appear counterintuitive, but including a little bit of sweets in your meal could help you stop gaining unhealthy weight new research suggests. Eating sweet food causes the brain to form a memory of a meal and this memory can help you better control eating habits, the researchers explained.
Neurons in the dorsa hippocampus, the part of the brain that is critical for episodic memory are activated by consuming sweets. Episodic memory is the autobiographical events experienced at a particular time and place.
I am 18 years old and have very large & heavy breast. I feel very irritated sometimes and have to face many problems! Kindly help me!
I am nine months pregnant and I don't know to go for a normal or cesarean delivery. I have no clue what to do. But my doctor suggested cesarean delivery. Kindly advice.
My friend got boil and has burning sensation on her vagina she went to doctor and got a tube to apply and antibiotic plus brufen. But 3 days gone past still not recovering. Pl tell why and what should she do.
Hi I am 26 year old boy and my wife age is 24 but she not getting pregnant so what should I do please help me.
Hi, I had sex with my boyfriend, I have taken femilon 21 days of dose. Is it appropriate to oppose the birth control? Please tell me some tips about that.
I have problem of paining in periods. 5 days of periods you can't go out of pain because of so much of stress and pain.
Using yoghurt with milk, fish with milk, achar (pickle) with milk, honey with ghee (butter) are some virudha ahara (in competent food) if taken together, they produce a lot of toxins in our body.
I am struggling with the symptoms of pcos like hair growth, skin pigmentation, obesity, infertility, high bp, type 2 diabetes and acne. I am planning to go for bariatric surgery. How much is the cost of bariatric surgery in india? and will this acne, hair growth and skin pigmentation problems be sorted out automatically afterwards. Suggest some of the best surgeons available in india for this type of surgeries and name of economic hospitals too for the same.
The concept of egg quality of a woman is derived from the belief that the embryo implantation probability is powerfully related to the age and ovarian reserve of the woman. Thus, it is regarded that the quality of the egg is almost synonymous with the chances of embryo implantation. Its quality cannot be assessed merely by looking at the egg or measuring its ability to receive the fertilization by sperm or simply observing the initial embryo division.
There are a few important factors that contribute to the success or failure of the embryo implantation and some of them are:
- Diminished ovarian reserve: A woman with an increased FSH level on the third day of the menses is regarded as having diminished reserve of ovary. This implies that her ovary is not competent in sending feedback signals to the pituitary gland and the body responds by producing an increased amount of FSH for stimulating the ovary. For more than 10 years, it has been found that in over thousands of fertility treatment cycles, women with an increased FSH level have a lower egg quality.
- Advanced age of maternity: Even though the FSH level is normal, the age of the mother who provides the eggs plays an important role to determine the quality of the egg. Quite like women with increased FSH levels, eggs obtained from women aged more than 40 years can have some problems at a later stage of fertilization. Normal FSH levels are not considered a reassuring factor, owing to the lower implantation rate in females aged over 45 years.
- Diminished quality of egg: With an increase in age, the capacity of the mitochondria in producing energy slowly decreases. The egg is linked to the circulation before ovulation, and it is linked again after the embryo implantation. But during the one week time ranging from ovulation to implantation, the egg and the resulting embryo are contained in the zona pellucida and function on the basis of mitochondrial energy supply. The older age of the woman doesn’t cause any problem at the initial stage of ovulation. Its fertilization and embryonic development are also normal. But soon, it runs out of energy and stops dividing before reaching the stage of implantation.
Therefore, it is important to have the eggs tested to find out any sort of chromosomal abnormality. In case the mother is deficient of producing high quality eggs, the best option is to have donor eggs.