Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha MuralidharaYour feedback matters!
" There is always risk in unprotected sex and unknown partner" said by a doctor. May I know the symptoms of diseases that i can face and how to avoid the symptoms? Partner is married and I am a 18.
Causes for both:-
- Follopian tubal block
- Unovulatory cycle
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases
- Uterine fibroids
- Advanced maternal age (above 35)
- Azoospermia - zero sperm count
- Oligospermia - low sperm count
- Asthenospermia - low motility of sperms
- Low libido - failure to achieve proper excitement.
Males and females both are equally responsible for infertility.
Do testicular examination regular from childhood for undescended testis & testicular atrophy
If any problems related to menstual cycle / periods do consult doctor before condition leads to infertility.
Sexual intercourse should be in ovulation period from day 10 to day 18 of period only. It will increase chances of getting pregnant.
Consult doctor if failure to achieve pregnancy within 6 months of regular unprotected sexual intercourse.
I have 5 years old daughter. After my delivery I m facing the problem of irregularity of periods and unable to conceive second time. What should I do?
On 18 april, it was just a rub of penis above vagina and my vagina was cover with my underwear and my partner was nude sperm drops also came. After this few drop of blood came through the urine and the period came after 6 hour as scheduled on 18 april. I am having mild pain in my abdomen, waist and back. Irritation in vagina and sometimes mild pain in it. What is it? And why these are occurring? How to get rid of it? Please explain every things in detail.
Have a glass of warm water with a dash of lemon. And afterward, you can take a cup of tea but without any sugar in it. You can have 2 marie biscuits. Your total calorie intake till now will be 91.
Having same breakfast daily could be quite boring. So here are 2 ideas for breakfast.
First is to have an omelet made of 2 egg whites along with 2 slices of brown bread. Total - 250 calories.
Or you can have 2 sprouts dosas with a cup of onion and tomato chutney. Total calories -220.
Mid morning snack:
It is best to have a cup of green tea and a bowl full of fresh fruits. Total - 40 calories.
You can have brown rice vegetable pulao, raita of cucumber and onion and mixed veggies salad. Total calories -305.
Another option for lunch is to have sambar, lady finger veg, 3 medium sized ragi balls, and salad.
You can either have coffee or green tea but make sure not to include sugar in it. Additionally, you should have some sprouted green gram sundal. Total - 105 calories.
Dinner should be a light meal. So make sure not to eat too much. You can have a veggies salad along with 1 medium bowl of thayir pachadi and millet khichadi. Total calories count - 335
You can have a cup of milk and 4 soaked almonds. Total - 95 calories.
The entire diet plans given above counts for 1191 calories which are sufficient enough for a day. If you consume more calories then you will probably be gaining weight instead of losing. So try to stick with this plan.
Before you begin with the diet plan, make sure to include exercising in your routine too. It is essential to have at least 35 minutes workout daily to keep your body fit and healthy. Only eating healthy food is not sufficient to lose weight. You can include anything that you find interesting in your workout regime like walking, jogging, swimming, skating etc.
I am 42 year old female weighing 82 kgs and my height is 5 feet 2 inches. Which means I a obviously obese. I have two major problems 1st I m probably reaching menopause, I got me periods after 5 months this month. I have put on weight majorly on my stomach and hips in the last 4 months, I get acnes on my face. I am worried about my weight gain please advice. Also I have plantar facistitis and heel spur on both my feet and thus walking is extremely painful. My cholesterol is high and sugar level is on the higher side. Thyroid is normal.
Will I be pregnant? If yes, then what should I do to prevent it? My boyfriend and I didn't have sex but his condom came out while I was rubbing his penis on my clit but it wasn't erect and neither did he ejaculate. Though I had ejaculated that time. So I am worried that I'll be pregnant. Please clear my doubts and help me. If I will be should I consume an emergency contraceptive pill or not? This happened on 25th December, 2016. I have my periods either in 28 days or sometimes 30. Last time I had in 30 days and before that in 28 days. This Friday i.e. 30th December will be my 28th day and 1st January, 2017 will be my 30th day. So, if I'm not pregnant my periods will start this week, right? If it is a little late by a few days, it won't mean na that I'm pregnant? Because I'm kinda of stressed out right now. If I get plmy periods this week or a little late (by a few days) I don't need to take home pregnancy test na? My boyfriend said that I don't need to worry because he did not ejaculate and neither his penis was erect. His penis had I guess hardly touched my clit after the condom was out. I'm not sure of that either as we had freaked out that time. Please help me. I have a lot of confusion and Internet just increases them. Please provide me correct explanation and solution.
In medical terms, the pelvic floor refers to a group of muscles in the pelvic area. These muscles provide support to the organs in the pelvic region, including the bladder, uterus (women), prostate (men) and rectum.
What is pelvic floor dysfunction?
This is a medical condition that is used to refer to a situation when you are unable to control the functioning of the pelvic floor. It means you fail to control the bowel movement. People suffering from pelvic floor dysfunction use these muscles to contract rather than to relax. It is for this reason that they cannot have a bowel movement. They often have an incomplete one.
What causes pelvic floor dysfunction?
In most of the cases, the exact reason behind this dysfunction is unknown. It is often believed that this condition is caused due to traumatic injuries to the pelvic area. This can happen after an accident and due to complications aroused after vaginal childbirth.
What are the symptoms?
There are several symptoms that are linked to this medical condition. You must visit your doctor if you come across the following signs:
- The feel of having several bowel movements within a short period of time.
- If you feel that you cannot complete a bowel movement.
- When there is constipation pain linked with bowel movements.
- A frequent urge to urinate.
- Painful urination.
- Pain in lower back.
- Continuous pain in pelvic region, genitals, or rectum.
- Pain during intercourse in women
How is pelvic floor dysfunction diagnosed?
It may be diagnosed through a physical examination by the doctor. You will ask several questions to know the case history and find out the cause. You may also be asked to take pelvic muscle control test by placing surface electrodes on the perineum or sacrum. A small device called a perineometer is also used for the same.
What are the best ways for treating pelvic floor dysfunction?
It can be treated without surgery. There are several techniques. Some of these are as follows:
- Biofeedback: It is done with the help of a physical therapist.He uses special sensors to watch and monitor the muscles.
- Medication: A low-dose muscle relaxant is prescribed to treat the same.
- Relaxation techniques: Your therapist may ask you to take up techniques for relaxation such as warm baths, yoga, and exercises.
- Surgery: If your physician finds out that the dysfunction is caused by a rectal prolapse or rectocele, he or she will take up surgery.
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction results in Urinary Dysfunction. Urinary incontinence is the unintentional passing of urine. It's a common problem thought to affect millions of people. There are several types of urinary incontinence, including:
- Stress Incontinence – when urine leaks out at times when your bladder is under pressure; for example, when you cough or laugh
- Urge Incontinence – when urine leaks as you feel a sudden, intense urge to pass urine, or soon afterwards
- Overflow Incontinence (chronic urinary retention) – when you're unable to fully empty your bladder, which causes frequent leaking
- Total Incontinence – when your bladder can't store any urine at all, which causes you to pass urine constantly or have frequent leaking
It's also possible to have a mixture of both stress and urge urinary incontinence.
Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Pelvic organ prolapse is a condition in which structures such as the uterus, rectum, bladder, urethra, small bowel, or the vagina itself may begin to prolapse, or fall, out of their normal positions. Without medical treatment or surgery, these structures may eventually fall farther into the vagina or even through the vaginal opening if their supports weaken enough. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist and ask a free question.
I am 23 years old and I was pregnant for 60 days . I concerned a gyno aftr checkup and tests she told me that the child is not growing, and she suggested me to have an abortion through medicines and prescribed me unwanted kit. I had all the medicines as prescribed. Its been 17 days and have bleeding and there constant cramping in my abdomen. What should I do now?
I have breast pain juzt ten days after my period get over. And 2 month before I took morning after pill? Is this the reason.
I am 5 month pregnant I have done anomaly scan in (19 aug) 21 weeks it us normal I have some little pain in my lower abdomen what it causes.
Hi, I am 30 years old. doctor told I have very mild pcod because I have only few sign like little bit hair on head, tension, depression that's all. I have regular periods. Mostly it comes after 28 days. It remain 3 days. Doctor suggested 2 medicine bigomet sr 500 and ovarus plus daily one. 2 months and 10 days passed to taking medicine. In between I got pregnancy in June but after 6 week, My pregnancy turned into chemical pregnancy and I got my periods. When I confirmed june's pregnancy, doc stopped ovarus plus tablet and after getting, chemical pregnancy, she again start that tablet after all this happened, doc suggest me to weight one cycle and again try in july. One more I want to mention my weight is 58 and my height is 5.2 feet. Please help by giving your suggestion what to do. Should I try in august. Medicine are correct or not. Should I try after 3-4 month. What is the possibility of having next healthy pregnancy.
Doctors believe that all women are born with a certain quantity of eggs as well as chances of conception. Also, all bodies are unique with individual strengths and weaknesses. Fertility tests can help in unravelling a number of issues as well as the health of your reproductive system as a whole. It is important to address various lifestyle issues in order to retain your fertility and ensure that you have a hassle free conception. Read on to know more about the ways in which you can preserve your fertility.
- Oral health: There are a number of medical studies that go as far as suggesting that the state of the woman’s oral health is a significant factor when it comes to the proper functioning of her reproductive system. Many women who have required treatment for infertility are said to have suffered from oral health problems like inflammation and gum disease. One needs to avoid these issues so as to have more reproductive success. So, it is important to brush and floss on a regular basis in order to have better oral and reproductive health.
- Food: When we are talking about oral health, how can food intake be too far behind? In order to maintain good oral health, it is important to take care of your eating habits. One should steer clear of excessive sugary food intake as well as junk food intake which end up harming the gums as well as the overall system of the patient. Also, you must avoid eating processed carbohydrates like white bread and white rice. It is also a good idea to get your proteins from plant sources rather than animal sources. Furthermore, it is also a good option to strike trans fat off the list and to pick unsaturated fats instead. This kind of a diet is known as low glycemic diet which keeps the sugar levels stable. This helps in boosting all body functions in general, including one’s fertility.
- Smoking: As per a number of medical studies, about 13 per cent of the infertility cases are linked with excessive smoking. Tobacco has an adverse effect on the state of your fertility, and it usually makes the eggs deteriorate at a much faster rate. It can also cause early miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, which is a dangerous condition where the egg gets lodged in the fallopian tube. Smoking can also bring about early menopause.
- Vitamin supplements: Many doctors suggest that once a woman has entered her child bearing years, it is important to start taking multivitamins as these contain folic acid. Folic acid is an important nutrient that helps in foetal growth and stimulates ovulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
5 months have passed and my wife is not getting pregnant, we are continously mating without taking precaution, at the time of ejaculation whole semen comes out of vagina. Kindly guide me what to do?
I got pregnant of 4-5 weeks and I took a combination of misoprostol and misoprine,(ipill) then 5 days bleeding and pain was in my body and some peace of shisht also came out during bleeding, and after 14 day I check with prega news it shows positive sighn, what should I do ?
Hii I am 28 years old my pregnancy test is positive and my sonography report gestational age is 9 weeks3 day and E/O 3.69x4.46 size anecholiccystic lesion seen at left adnexa. My question is their is complication in my pregnancy?
Hello doc. Doc my period cycle is around 30 days. Means 15 of every month. I want to ask about safe days for making relation.
I had a protected sex with my wife. But she missed her periods of 2 weeks. We a bit tensed. And if she is pregnant how to avoid. Cuz we are not ready for baby.
High blood sugar occurs when the insulin in the body fails to metabolize the sugar from the food, which raises the amount of glucose in your blood. It is a metabolic disorder which can be managed effectively with the help of lifestyle modifications such as exercise and food. This article is going to focus on the foods that you can eat to lower your blood sugar levels.
Here are 9 foods that you can use to reduce blood sugar levels:
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a herb which is very effective in getting your blood sugar down to manageable levels. You can simply sprinkle cinnamon on your food before eating it.
Fenugreek (methi): Fenugreek is a common spice which is used in almost all Indian cuisines. It has a number of health benefits, one of which is reducing blood sugar levels. Soaking fenugreek in water and then drinking it the next day is a very effective remedy in combating sugar problems.
Garlic: Not just for sending away the vampires!, it is also very effective in blood sugar control. Extracts of garlic have been shown to increase insulin in the body which is required to metabolize the sugar in the body.
Heart Healthy Fats: Heart healthy fat based foods such as nuts and seeds are good for increasing the good cholesterol levels (HDL) in the body. Avocadoes contain nutrients which lower the risks of various diseases such as diabetes. In a nutshell, these fats make the cells of the body less resistant to insulin.
Blueberries: Blueberries contain anthocyanin (water soluble pigments) which is very good for your health. They also contain fiber in large amounts which make you feel fuller faster. This fruit has also been shown to improve insulin sensitivity in the body.
Vinegar: Vinegar is an age old remedy to control blood sugar levels; it contains acetic acid which causes a reduction in certain harmful enzymes in the stomach. Vinegar is also known to prevent blood sugar spikes when consumed with food.
Complex Carbohydrates: Complex carbohydrates raise your blood sugar but not like its cousin, simple carbohydrates. Simple carbohydrates cause an immediate spike in your blood sugar levels where as complex carbs provide a steady stream of energy. So drop that packet of refined flour and get that whole wheat variant.
Cherries: Cherries, especially tart cherries and dark sweet cherries, are full of anthrocyanins. Insulin resistance prevents insulin from working properly to control blood sugar in normal ranges. Eating a diet high in anthrocyanins can mean improved use of insulin and lower blood sugars.
Nuts: People who eat nuts regularly have lower rates of heart disease than people who don't eat them. Even among the healthiest eaters, the ones who also eat nuts boast the best health record. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.