Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha K. SubramaniyamYour feedback matters!
Sir meri umer 23 sal hai sex large vakt mere penis ki skin uupper chad gayi hai or muje jab tight hota hai to bahut dard hota hai or me usko chu bhi nahi sakta or penis me skin bohot jyada jadi ho gayi hai.
Can you tell mi the symptoms of the piles because since last 3-4 days when im doing potty there is very pain doing that and also blinding. What should I do.
I'm suffering from severe headache from since two days when I'm running, walking, and sleeping my legs are painting for knees.
I am affected by Sugar, and its level was found 248 after meal but next day taking medicine, and control diet, it was found only 127, I am in doubt, it is possible or not. How may possible to down so much in 24 hrs. By medicine?
What are the main reasons for lack of headache frequently? what safety measures should be taken to get rid of it?
I am 43 years man, feeling too much tired. Urin comes with bad smell with light yellow/red colour. Always pain in feet. Not any examine done.
I am 32 years male. I suffering with itching in both the nostrils. When I rub the nostrils it feels good for some moment but again it start to itch and after some time I start to sneez. I had Ayurveda and homeopathic treatment for 5-6 months each but no results. Could you please suggest me something? I am having this problem since 3 years now.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.