Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Here are a few FAQs on Cervical Cancer that most people often want to know about.
Q1 What is Cervical Cancer?
A: Cervical Cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the lower part of the uterus that opens into the vagina.
Q2 What causes Cervical Cancer?
A: Cervical Cancer is caused by a virus known as human papillomavirus, or HPV. Women can get affected with the virus by having sex with someone who has it. HPV is very common and usually goes away in time. Usually, it leads to genital warts and sometimes shows no symptoms at all. Sometimes it leads to cervical cancer.
Q3 What are the early symptoms of cervical cancer?
A: The early symptoms of cervical cancer are:
Pain during sex
A sudden change in the menstrual cycle
Abnormal vaginal discharge
Vaginal bleeding between your menstrual cycle, after having sex or after menopause.
Q4 What are the preventive measures for cervical cancer?
A: Cervical cancer can be prevented by taking a vaccine against HPV. Regular PAP tests are also recommended for catching the cancer early on.
Q5 At what age should the HPV vaccine be taken for it to be effective?
A: The recommended age for boys and girls to take the HPV vaccine is 11-12 years. Women can have the vaccine before the age of 26 years.
Q6 Is the HPV vaccine safe?
A: Most of these vaccines are safe and come highly recommended. Many studies have been conducted to find otherwise but the fact remains that the vaccines are one sure shot way of reducing the chances of getting HPV. However, it is important to take any of these vaccinations under strict medical practitioner’s guidance.
My wife have taken unwanted 72, 7 days before. Now she had periods for 4 days and suffering from uti and also vomiting. Is she pregnant?
Negative Home pregnancy test after 1 month and 5 days. Period was normal and ended 4 days before the test. Safe?
Hi. Am under fertility treatment. and had no bleeding this time. and it got stopped in third day itself.
Hi. I am 45 years and having one kid of 12 years. I was conceived thrice in 14 years of marriage only at first attempt. But my husband aborted by D&C. Now I want second issue. Should I go for that? I hv very regular periods. Physically fit. All parameters are normal.
Hello Dr. My wife has given birth to one baby son on 13 june. 2012. But after that she is not getting pregnant. She is suffering from irregular period. Please help.
I am an age of 20 I was not geting my periods since last 3months. My mom have meade me to test sugar test and heomoglobin and my hb % is 9 so what should I do to get regular periods and improvement of blood.
Hi. I am 23 years old female. I had intercourse with my bf 3 months back. After which I got periods after 10 days. But I have been missing my periods for two months now. I had used I- pill in feb after which my menstruation cycle was fine. Also, I used pregnancy kit and the result was negative. Now I have again got my pregnancy test done. My reports says that my human chorionic gonadotropin, serum is less than 2.0. The method used was Eclia. So if you could please tell me what my report suggests. Also, if I am not pregnant then why I have been missing my periods.
I am 30 year old female mother of a child normally my period last for full five days with heavy flow but when it's delayed then it last longer with mild flow like not to wear pad this time it is coming from last 15 days please advise pill to stop and have regular next month.
I am 18 years old girl I want know monopaz and what I can do that my periods come on time and I am in a relation and I do every week sex.
Actually my girlfriend had her periods at 25th Nov. Then we had unprotected sex accidentally on 21st dec and had to take unwanted 72 right after that. Then she had withdrawal bleeding on 26th Dec. Then again as it was her bday so we were drunk and had sex unprotected on 10th Jan and took the same pill right after sex. I know this is not right taking such huge dose of hormones please let me know how can I make sure the pill has worked and we are out of these as we have to concentrate on our studies too.
Sir, I have two wifes and i am doing sex with both for their satisfactions, is it good or I have to take any precautions for doing sex with both. Please advise.
Ask any woman who had a baby in the last one year, as to what was one of her major complaints post pregnancy and the answer would be “stretch marks.” And, if you think of the belly as the only affected area, you are wrong! Even the breasts, calves and arms are affected.
The skin stretches beyond its limits in a short period of time and so these stretch marks appear. It is more common with women who have had excessive weight gain and with multiple babies. It is also hereditary and women with oily skin are less likely to have them. Also, women who regularly apply moisturizer have fewer stretch marks. However, there definitely are ways to both avoid and reduce the stretch marks.
Prevention is definitely more effective.
- Stretch mark creams can be used from day one of pregnancy, which can help reduce the formation of these marks.
- A good cream could also help eliminate existing stretch marks from earlier pregnancies, in addition to preventing new ones from forming.
- It is best to use the cream both during day and night after a warm shower. This will help the skin to absorb the cream optimally, making it more effective.
- Preventive lotions have a combination of cocoa butter, shea butter, honey, aloe vera and various oils including almond, castor, olive, vitamin E, and other essential oils. Each of them has their own effective way to control stretch marks.
- Other preventive measures include exercise, exfoliation using a scrubber and eating a diet which is low in zinc.
But treatment is the solution if prevention is not possible.
- Soon after pregnancy, try and use creams that contain cocoa butter, glycolic acid, various oils like almond, vitamin E, castor, and olive which will help manage the stretch marks.
- A good massage using these oils has proved to be one of the best ways to manage stretch marks on the belly and breasts.
- There are various on-the-shelf products nowadays for treating these marks, but use the one prescribed by your doctor. The way these chemicals get absorbed and excreted may not be clear to you and if you are breast-feeding, it is safer to consult a doctor before using such items.
- In addition to the creams, exercise and sufficient hydration are also essential to help stretch marks disappear.
- Laser surgery is another option which can do any of these 3 things – produce pigments in the lighter areas, improve collagen production in the depressed areas, or reduce the color of the darker areas in a stretch mark. Though offered widely, this is best avoided given the side effects.
Stretch marks are an integral part of pregnancy and it is best to let nature run its course after doing everything to prevent it or treating it safely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.