Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeethaYour feedback matters!
Health benefits of egg whites:
According to kanter, 'high-quality protein helps build muscles and allows people to feel full longer and stay energized, which can help them maintain a healthy weight.' egg whites are an excellent source of protein, with 3.6 g of protein per 17-calorie egg white. That's about 5 percent of your daily protein needs.
'although we often think of protein's function in building and maintaining muscle, newer research suggests other benefits of protein' kanter told live science' for example, numerous studies since 2010 have found that protein-rich breakfasts, including those containing eggs, result in blunted postprandial glucose and insulin responses, greater satiety, and lower energy intake at a subsequent meal, suggesting a positive role of eggs for hunger and weight management.' a study published in the american journal of clinical nutrition looked at protein-rich breakfasts in overweight or obese adolescent girls and found that high-protein breakfasts were associated with less evening snacking, as well as positive changes in 'appetitive, hormonal, and neural signals that control food intake regulation.'
One egg white contains 54 mg of potassium, a vital mineral and electrolyte associated with heart health, bone health and overall effective cell and organ functioning, according to the university of maryland medical center. Many studies have linked potassium with lower blood pressure because it promotes vasodiliation (widening of blood vessels), according to today's dietitian. A study of 12, 000 adults, published in archives of internal medicine, showed that those who consumed 4, 069 mg of potassium each day lowered their risk of cardiovascular disease and ischemic heart disease by 37 percent and 49 percent, respectively, compared with those who took 1, 793 mg per day.
Egg whites contain almost identical amounts of potassium and sodium, minerals that work together to create an essential electrochemical gradient known as membrane potential, according to the linus pauling institute at oregon state university. Membrane potential is critical for muscle contraction, nerve impulse transmission, heart function, and transferring nutrients and metabolites throughout cells. Maintaining these membrane potentials accounts for 20-40 percent of the resting energy expenditure of a typical adult. According to livestrong. Com, egg whites help balance the potassium and sodium necessary to maintain these membrane potentials.
'diets higher in protein have been linked with lower risk of developing hypertension,' said kanter, and new research shows that egg whites might be particularly helpful. In an animal study announced by the american chemical society, scientists at clemson university discovered that a peptide called rvpsl (a component of protein) found in egg whites 'reduces blood pressure about as much as a low dose of captopril, a high-blood-pressure drug.' it blocks angiotensin-converting enzymes, which are produced by the body and increase blood pressure.
Kanter noted that egg whites are a good source of riboflavin, also known as vitamin b2. Sixty-two percent of an egg's riboflavin is contained in the white. This vitamin is associated with releasing energy from carbohydrates, thereby helping metabolism, and producing red blood cells, according to the national institutes of health, which lists eggs on its list of good sources of riboflavin. It also works as an antioxidant, breaking down dangerous free radicals (molecules that can damage or kill cells), according to the university of maryland medical center.
An american journal of clinical nutrition article discussed the problems associated with riboflavin deficiencies. These included anemia, homocysteine levels that are associated with cardiovascular disease, and increased risk of cancer in animal trials.
Hair and skin care
The protein content in egg whites has made them a popular folk treatment for hair and skin care. There is no scientific evidence to back these claims up, however.
While egg whites are a good source of protein and a great option for those suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol or cardiovascular disease, people should be careful not to assume that egg whites provide all the same nutritional benefits of whole eggs. 'most of the vitamins and minerals are contained in the yolk,' said kanter. 'nutrients found exclusively in the yolk include choline, vitamin b12, vitamin d and iron among others.'
A study published in the american journal of clinical nutrition in 2002 caused a stir when it found that raw egg whites interfere with absorption of biotin. Biotin is a b vitamin that is important to fat and sugar metabolism and blood sugar regulation, according to world's healthiest foods. Egg whites contain a glycoprotein called avidin, which binds to biotin and makes it absorbable by the digestive tract. This problem is solved by cooking egg whites.
When raw, both egg whites and whole eggs can present a risk of infecting eaters with salmonella. The centers for disease control recommends cooking all types of eggs until both the white and yolk are firm.
Some people are allergic to proteins in egg yolks and egg whites, but egg-white allergies are more common, according to the mayo clinic. As many as 2 percent of children are allergic to eggs, according to the american college of allergy, asthma and immunology. Fortunately, studies show that about 70 percent of children with an egg allergy outgrow it by age 16. Allergic reactions range from a mild rash to stomach pain to anaphylaxis, which impairs breathing and can send the body into shock.
I have girl friend we are participated in sex ,but I have a doubts is there any virus attacks me.Please tell.
Sir/Madam: my ant doesn't come period since 3 months while groundex tests comes negative. Please advise us.
Hi doc, my wife is having endometriosis (cysts) which results very chronic pain at time of periods. We were married in dec-2006, due to this decease we do not have any child also. In 2008 she had gone laproscopy but now the cysts are again formed. Is there any permanent solution of this decease. I have searched on net that some ayurvedic treatment can cure this permanently. Please help me.
I am getting married next month so wanted to know the better contraceptive options as my periods are irregular.
स्त्रीयों मे यौन इच्छा बडाने के लिये घरेलु उपचार
- A healthy sex drive is a natural part of an individual's makeup, so if you are experiencing low sex drive it's important to investigate the causes with your doctor.
- A wide range of illness, physical changes and medications can cause a low sex drive, including sexual problems, medical diseases, medications, lifestyle, surgery, fatigue etc. Changes in hormone levels are also one of the most common causes of low sexual desire in women. Hormonal changes like menopause, pregnancy and breast feeding can dampen a women’s sex drive.
- Fortunately, however, there are a number of natural home remedies that can not only boost your sex drive but will also improve your mood, help you look and feel better and raise your overall energy levels as well.
I am Dr SK Singh, I am surgical specialist ayurveda added by MS in ayurveda from IMS, BHU. Doston aaj hum baat karte hain fissure rog ke bare mein. Hum Sushruta Ano Rectal Institute jo ki Guda rogo ke ilaj ke liye aaj-kal jana jata hai. Toh inn guda rogo mein piles , fistula aur fissure pradhan roop se dekhe jate hain, toh jayadater logon mein piles or fissure ye ek aisi confusing state rehti hai ki humko piles hai ke fissure hai. Toh hum baat kerte hain ki fissure rog hota kya hai, fissure mein aisa dekha gaya hai ki jo pradhan lakshan hai wo mal tyag ke samay dard kahona, vedna ka hona, ye fissure ka pramukh lakshan hai. Fissyre rog mein kai baar vedna ke sath-sath halki-pulki bleeding ho sakti hai, nahi bhi ho sakti hai but pain very extrusion, bahut jayada teevra vedna ka hona, acute pain ka hona mal tyag ke samay, ye iska mukya lakshan hai. Ab hum baat kerte hain ki fissure hota kya hai, dekhiye fissure rog mein mal, jo hamara anal canal hai, anal canal ke ander ki jo lining hai, woh line in membrane kai baar kat jati hai ya toot jati hai. Wo katna ya tootna iss baat pe nirbhar kerta hai, do, teen cheesze jin per nirbhar kerta hai. No. 1 stool ka tight hona, mal ki ya stool ki consistency jab tight hoti hai toh wo mal tyag ki friction injury se jo hamari lucus membrane hai anal canal ki wo toot jati hai, iss taranh se wahan pe ek jakham bann jata hai ya kai baar aisa bhi dekha gaya hai ki rogion mein baar-baar motion hone ki wajah se chahe wo loose motion ho ya kolaitis ki wajah se baar-baar motion ho raha ho, kisi infection ki wajah se ho raha ho, to bhi repeated motion ki wajah se bhi ye injury ho sakti hai. Toh ek baar ye cut injury ho jane pe, dekiye shareer mein injury kahin bhi hoti hai toh body ki apni healing capacity hoti hai, kai mareejo mein kya hota hai ki ye cut gaya aur do-char din mein wo dheere-dheere heal up ho jata hai. Lekin heal up puray tareekay se nahi ho pata, wo jo healed area hota hai wo weak hota hai, toh dobara agar fir stool tight hua toh dobara fir ho jata hai. Toh iss taranh ek hi point pe baar-baar injury hone seye jo jakham hai dheere-dheere gap aane lag jata hai aur fir ye symptoms pain ke, itching ke ya jalan wagerah ke, ye bahut frequently hone lagte hai patient ko do-do, char-char din, kai baar agar jayada cut gaya toh ek hafte se dus-dus din tak ye pain aur jalan patient ko hoti rehti hai. Iss pain aur jalan ki Awadhi ya duration of symptons hai, wo ispe depend kerta hai ki kitna gap hai. Abhi ek baar agar recent bann gaya hai toa aap medicine lete hain, pait saf kerne ki dawawaiyan lete hain, kuch local application ke liye dawai lete hain, usme aapko rehat milti hai pain wagerah mein. Lekin iska jo proper treatment hai wo kshar karma ke dwara hota hai jisme ki kuch medicines di jati hain aur weakly sittings hoti hain medicines ko apply kerne ki, dheere- dheere wo jakham badta chala jata hai. Aur acute fissure mein usually log anal dilatation kerte hain, surgery kerte hain, that is not required uski zarurat nahi hoti hai aur Ayurvedic kshar karma ke dwara ya Ayurvedic aushadhio ke lape se, ye fissure acute stage pe puri tarah se theek ho sakta hai. Now next thing is agar kai baar fissure ke aagey chronic fissure repeatedly hota rehta hai, jayada samay ta rehta hai, use thoda sa massa niche latak jata hai, thodi si skin bahar aa jati hai jise hum kehte hain senital tag. Whts the senital tag is formed, ye agar ek baar bann gaya to fir hum isko sirf dawawaiyon ke lape se ya kshar karma puri taranh se theek nahi ke payenge. Kshar karma ke sath-sath iss tag ko kshsarsutra ligation ke dwara isko hatana bhi bahut zaruri hota hai aur ek baar ye hatt jata hai toh puri teranh se ye fissure theek ho sakta hai. Isliye whether it is a condition of acute fissure, chahe ye acute fissure ho ya chronic fissure, chronic fissure mein senital tag bhi ho, toh bhi ayurved mein prabhavi roop se ksher karma aur kshsarsutra ke dwara begair operation ke iska ilaj pyri teranh se sampurna hai. So no to syrgery in the cases of acute fissur or chronic fissure.
Thank you very much.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
- Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey: Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
- Cumin seeds: You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
- Mulethi (liquorice) and honey: You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
- White pumpkin juice: Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
- Buttermilk: You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
- Jaggery: You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent.
The most frequently asked question by prospective or new homeopathic patients is related to the time required for recovery. Most patients are worried about the length of time involved in homeopathic treatment to make them fit and fine again.
Homeopathic treatment does not deal with any independent or isolated symptoms. It helps in analyzing and assessing a complex entity involving both unknown and known indicators. Homeopathic healing has to be given time to happen at its own pace. Unconscious and conscious participation of the patients is badly needed in this treatment.
- Vitality level: This is the most important factor which contributes to making an effective homeopathic forecasting. There are two types of vitality-high and low. Low vitality people have the attitude of breaking down under stress and tension. They are largely oversensitive and unresponsive to challenges. On the other hand, people with high vitality have the tendency to bounce back within no time. They are positive, strong and are ready to respond even under a stressful situation.
- Social background and nature: People who are highly expressive and respond to their body signals can avail the benefits of homeopathic treatment to its most. In fact, these people have a good chance to get cured within a short time span. On the other hand, people who have the tendency to suppress their emotion or who are highly intellectual may have to invest more time in this treatment. This is because life is dynamic and people who exhibit their dynamism in life often respond fast to homeopathic medicines.
- Severity and type of disease: The intensity and the nature of the disease consume a great deal of time in homeopathic treatment. For example, hereditary disorders take a longer time to heal. In such cases prediction and forecasting become a bit difficult.
- The duration for which the symptoms have been persisting: Homeopathic treatment follows a basic rule which states that 'It takes a month for each year of existence of a condition to treat it.' However, in the case of a chronic condition the duration of treatment might be a little longer than predicted by the above rule. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.