Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeethaYour feedback matters!
Tuberculosis happened to be a life threatening disease till some years ago. Now, it is curable with medication, however there is very little awareness about the same. It is crucial that awareness is spread to put a stop to this disease. TB spreads through infection, so a simple sneeze or a cough can also be hazardous. Here is how you can stop the spreading:
1. Curb the Spread - If someone already has tuberculosis, they need to cover their mouths when coughing or sneezing. This is actually a habit everyone should follow, as there are many people in whom the tuberculosis virus exists but is dormant.
2. Don’t let it activate - If you have latent tuberculosis, where you have none of the symptoms yet have been identified, you need to take the medication prescribed so that it doesn’t become active.
3. Complete the course - TB is curable but only when medications are taken regularly, strictly, and as prescribed.
4. Avoid exposure to the infected people - People who have been exposed to TB patients should get themselves tested. Remember it spreads through infection; patients need not be kept in isolation if taking proper care and medication.
5. Boost your immunity - Ensure that your own immunity is strong. People with low immunity are at extreme risk of contracting tuberculosis. Take special care if you are a caretaker of someone being treated for tuberculosis, if you do drug and/or alcohol abuse, if you live in crowded spaces like shelters, etc.
6. Improve your lifestyle - Lead a healthy lifestyle by eating healthy, exercising often, reducing alcohol consumption, sleeping well and maintaining good hygiene.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I have been suffering from a vaginal infection for last 2-3 days After every urination, I have been feeling a strong irritation in urinatory path. 2 days ago there was an unsuccessful effort to steal my virginity by applying mustard oil. Guide me how can I get rid of this situation.
Had sex with my partner just 2 days before without protection but we were sure that he didn't cum inside my vagina. And now I am feeling very irritation in vagina side. At night I go for pee lots of times. And while having pee. Blood also come in mix with pee What should I do now? Did I lose my virginity or Chances of pregnancy (but sperm didn't get pass then how it could pe possible) Plzzz help in sir/mam. I don't want any type of problem in this age :(
I have had cumine seeds and jagerry.And i also have tried garlic and ginger therapy but nothing seems to be still effective m not having my periods regularly.I never had sex. And I am tensed. What can i do to have my periods regularly?
Im 23years old I have missed my period for 5 days and im suffering from sudden body pains n little temperature. I have a doubt of pregnancy how can I get confirm about this. With out D.
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
If you are diagnosed with male fertility problems, such as a low sperm count, previous history of vasectomy in male partner, recurrent ivf failure then conventional IVF is unlikely to result in fertilisation. It is also done when sperms are not present in the semen and they have to be obtained surgically from testicles.This is when Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI treatment) is recommended. It is like IVF only the main difference is the technique we use to achieve fertilisation.
How is ICSI done?
A single sperm is injected into each egg, using very fine micro-manipulation equipment. As the human egg is one tenth of a millimetre in diameter and the sperm 100 times smaller, this is a very delicate procedure performed by highly skilled embryologist under a micro-manipulator.
Is ICSI successful?
Together with IVF, ICSI is one of the most common techniques used in Assisted reproductive technology. Since it was introduced, it has led to the birth of many thousands of babies worldwide.