Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetha Bhavani Reddy Kavalakuntla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha Bhavani Reddy KavalakuntlaYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my boyfriend on 10th june, and my periods date is 24th of every month, i'm experiencing very light periods today, that is 17th june, I have no other symptoms of early pregnancy. I'm sure that we used a condom during penetration but some unprotected rubbing might have happened. Can I be pregnant? What should I do? I'm very tensed please help me.
I am suffering from pcod. Dr. prescribed Metformin and normoz tablet. I had a vomit and dysentery when I start to take that tablet. Dr. told side effects will be there upto 10 days. For me it will continues about 15 days. Is this normal or I have to stop this medicine.
I am having fibrodenama in my breast since 5 years.Its size not yet increased till now i met some doctors starting some told to do a minor surgery in a one day period another gyenic-doctor told after marriage and delivery also i can wait for that surgery. Now i am married and i have a child.Again i went to a doctor she told no need of surgery as the size of FIBRODENAMA is not increased.Pls suggest is it good to leave like that
I am 33 Weeks pregnant. Aged about 27+. I am getting itchy feeling over my feet and thighs at night time worst. And also I am itching it with my nails. Just wanted to ask is it common during pregnancy time. And also is it harmful to skin if I itch with my nails.
Sir/Madam, My wife is 6 months pregnant can I have sex with her for normal delivery. Others told have sex but I have fear how do to which position. How many times in a month. Pls give a solution.
I am 6 month pregnant and my baby had edema in head and trunk. Doc advice me to abort child. But I need a child please can you save her?
Sir, my hormones including progesterone, estradiol test was done on 19/01/2017 which was the 15th day of my cycle (lmp-05/01/2017). I think in the test was done during luteal phase. progesterone result units was 0.4 ng/ml and estradiol was 403. 0pg/ml. Testosterone result was 49 ng/ml over normal range of 8-48 ng/ml. I got this examination done because I was not getting conception and wanted to know the reason for infertility. Thn my Obgyn ordered for HSG and the result showed cervix, endometrial cavity, fallopian tubes were normal and normal bilateral tubal architecture. Then my doctor gave me clomid/chlomephene in the month of march 2017. Then I did not conception over clomid. After that I did not visit any doctor. naturally I got a positive test In july and then I had a missed abortion. By gods grace now I am 6 weeks pregnant and went to a doctor yesterday. HE said it is too early to go for an ultra sound. But seeing the previous reports he prescribed for progesterone 200 mg capsules. I saw the warnings and scared. I need your advise whether I should take this during pregnancy. I am pregnant after a long wait. I do not want to take any risk. Please advise me. Your advise means lot to me. Thank you.
We re a married couple. We had intercourse various times but my wife's hymen is still not ruptured. She feels it pain some while having intercourse. Can it be done medically. Kindly help me out.
I am now 25 years. I had taken I pill last month and got periods, I feel more hotness in my body but it is not fever, what might be the problem, please explain.
Losing your virginity can be a big experience and can be exciting as well as nerve-wrecking at the same time. Its significance is different for everyone and there are no wrong or right ways to lose your virginity. Making your first time a memorable experience is easy if you know and remember these 4 things:
1. Relax - You might be conscious about your body or nervous about pain or pleasing your partner, but you need not be. It is natural to feel insecure and nervous, but communicating your reservations with your partner will clear the air between both of you, helping you level your expectations and relax. Your first time is about exploring each other's body and pleasuring each other as well as an understanding partner will help you relax and forget your insecurities.
2. It might hurt a bit - If you are a woman, intercourse for the first time might hurt a bit if your vagina is not well lubricated before you have sex. Also, you might feel some pain and/or bleed if your hymen tears, but it will not be excruciating pain. Worrying about the pain is a lot scarier than the actual pain. Some women may not experience any pain at all. However, you should make sure you are well lubricated. Foreplay is a great way to get ready for intercourse and if it is still painful you could use additional lubricants to minimize discomfort and pain.
3. Go slow - If you are a man, help your partner be comfortable by going slow in accordance to their wish. Going too fast may hurt your partner if they are not comfortable and make your first time a traumatic experience. Try to gauge your partner's reactions and proceed in a way pleasurable to both of you. Penetrating too soon might cause you to ejaculate too quickly before your partner has climaxed. Indulge in foreplay so that both of you are ready. If your partner ejaculates too fast or is unable to hold his erection, do not feel rejected or angry, support him and help him get aroused again, as it is just an effect of nervousness and excitement.
4. Use protection - There is no truth in the saying that you cannot get an STD on your first time. It is completely possible and the only way to prevent that is to use condoms or not have penetrative sex. Women can get pregnant during unprotected sex and unless you plan to become pregnant, panicking about being pregnant for days after your first time will ruin your first time and peace of mind. Use birth control pills and/or condoms to prevent unwanted pregnancy after your first time, and both your partner and you will be able to enjoy losing your virginity without any worries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better.
Hello doctors. I and my girlfriend had sex last month on 1st. Unfortunately condom broke out and we didn't know that. She got her periods on 7th of last month i.e. 07/08/2017. And till date she didn't got her periods of this month's. Doctors please help me. What should I do? And after inter course there was some bleeding. As soon after sex I made her to take a birth control pill (have not remembered the name). On sunday we have taken urinary pregnancy test and it showed us she is not pregnant. So is there any chance of being pregnant?
I'm 15 weeks pregnant. Double marker test revealed that t21 is less than 50: 1. Everybody is suggesting to go for amniocentesis. But is it safe? When should it be done? I contacted a diagnostic centre and they said it should be done on 16th week. But others are saying after 20 weeks. We are concerned about the risk factors. What type of risk does it posses?
Understanding IQ, EQ, AQ for Better Life
Let's try to understand the importance of IQ, EQ, AQ in our daily lives to better deal with life situations happily, wisely. First of all, we will try to know the meanings of these 3Q's & then we will discuss the rest.
IQ stands for intelligent quotient of an individual which signifies mental potential, efficiency, caliber, ability to understand the things esp. on academic front which is required to achieve success, position, monetary things & so on in an individual's life.
EQ stands for emotional quotient of an individual which signifies the emotional ability of an individual to deal/ manage the emotional issues of one's life effectively, positively. Persons with high emotional bank account are well off in managing such emotional issues.
AQ stands for adversity quotient of an individual who can manage the equilibrium of mental state in adverse situations of life as well find the solutions of coming out of it.
Persons with balanced IQ, EQ, AQ are best individuals who can manage the ups & down, emotional traumas effectively with their neutral approach in understanding the situations of life. Each Q has significant value in life at different stages such as IQ is very important in career development, achievements & so on. But it depends on nature of an individual as everyone is different from others, the ratio of IQ, EQ, AQ would differ in each person depending on family, society, environment, surroundings etc.
- As we grow, the importance of Q's also changes in different aspects / stages of life. For example: during childhood IQ matters the most & as we enter into teenage, there is a blend of IQ & EQ representing an individual. Later on after marriage, EQ becomes most important & desirable. As we understand family comprises of husband & wife, their children & so on, one needs to be emotional enough to understand the aspect of others feeling FIRST & comment one's own afterwards.
- The emotional bank account must be huge to lead a better married life. Both partners should be in the position to understand the emotional sensitivity of each other to react accordingly with empathy. That will positively help them to know each other in depth to maintain peace, happiness, prosperity for years to come.
- Furthermore, AQ stands to become highly required in many areas of life where individuals face adversities of life such as financial crisis, loss of loved ones, natural calamity & so on. People who can withstand above said adversities & find the best possible solutions tend to display their AQ which becomes fundamental in such situations of life.
- Last but not the least, to my experience, EQ & AQ seems to be highly important in understanding the life in depth to manage the equilibrium of life situations which will eventually facilitate a better understanding of individuals to lead happier & healthy life!