Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha BasavarajYour feedback matters!
Mam, In my right breast, it seems lumps, it remains there for more than 5 yrs, it doesn't pains me. Suggest if mammography is required.
USG of right breast showing large hypoechoic SOL (22*15 mm) seen at upper quadrant and one small SOL (10*7 mm) seen in lower quardant. Is it breast cancer?
I am 25 year old girl. I am feel like in future I ll have sugar problem. What should I do to I can cure this problem. I have cyst in left breast.
I am 28 years old male, I gave up tabacoo 3 months ago, does still I have a risk for oral cancer due to tabacoo? If yes what is the solution.
I am 44 year old married female suffering from pain at a point in the lower part of my right breast. I am also feeling sick as if fever with total body pain since two months. My period cycle is 28 days and discharging clotted blood at the starting of the period of every month. Kindly suggest me for treatment. I am very afraid of breast cancer.
Do all the tumors are cancerous If it is can it be caused in 18 years of age If it cancerous. Is it pain full or not.
Hello Sir/Madam, I am 21 years old (Male, one year back a small lump has been formed inside my right breast under aerola nd with medications it has vanished. And now the same thing started in left breast and I'm very much worried about it. When I tough it pains a lot. Its deviating my concentration and now I'm under medications. I don't know why it is happening. My thoughts are always on it and it I'm getting depressed with it. Im not knowing what to do can you help me? I mean why this occurs nd Doctor prescribed me antibiotic (TAXIM-O CV 200, pain killer (LYSER FORTE) and a vitamin tablet (EVION LC). Are these medications are enough? or else any further examinations are needed? please prescribe me The lump is of small size slightly hard under aerola.
My father is 74 years old, diagnosed with Prostate cancer (life changed after biopsy) Hi, My father is 74 years old and was doing great and very healthy. With frequent urination issue, we went and found that prostate was enlarged and they suggested to biopsy though his PSA was not so high (7ng/ml). Post biopsy (which was anyways negative/benign for prostate cancer), everything got changed,
My wife feels pain in right breast during periods time and nipple pain after periods she is feared of breast cancer kindly explain this.
What are the effects of painless lumps below the skin? What are natural treatment methods to be given at the age of 58 years? Do you consider these are leads to skin cancer?
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor.
Related Tip: "Foods That May Cause Cancer"