Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetha Basavaraj
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha BasavarajYour feedback matters!
Hello sir. My grandma is suffering from Brest cancer. What is the perfect diet chart for her. please sir suggest.
Neck cancer refers to the formation of cancer cells in the throat or neck region of your body. Neck cancer is commonly seen in people above sixty years of age .But people above forty can also have the chances of getting neck cancer. Though the symptoms of neck cancer can vary from one person to the other,
Some of the common symptoms are stated as follows:
- Neck cancer affects the voice box, so a change in your voice can be noticed.
- Weight loss is also a symptom for neck cancer.
- A person suffering from neck cancer can also suffer from dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing.
- Sore throat in some cases can be considered as a symptom of neck cancer
- Bleeding from mouth or through your nose is also a common symptom for neck cancer.
- Ear pain in some cases is a symptom of neck cancer.
- Coughing persistently is also regarded as a symptom of neck cancer.
- Sometimes a lump in the neck is also noticed and it is usually painless.
- Some people also encounter breathing problem.
- In some cases a swelling of the neck, jaw or eyes can also be noticed.
Neck cancer involves certain risk factors too. Neck cancer can be treated in many ways. The following are few treatments available for neck cancer:
- Surgery: Your doctor can conduct a surgery for removing the tumors from your neck region. The doctor may decide to do either a microsurgery or laser treatment or endoscopy.
- Chemotherapy: If the tumor spreads to other regions or is large in size, then your doctor may recommend chemotherapy.
- Radiation: It is used to destroy the malignant cells. It is usually conducted after removing the tumor.
These three are the common treatments followed by doctors. Your doctor may also take help of other treatments like administering drugs to control the growth of cancer cells. But, sometimes treatments fail to work if the process of metastasis starts. So you should not ignore it, as soon as you encounter any of the symptoms stated above, visiting an oncologist is highly recommended.
My daughter suffering from leukemia (ALL) what be the recommended diet tips to avoid relapse or increase immunity. She is 7 years old now and completed her treatment currently in maintenance phase.
I am 19 year old and 45 in kgs. My breast are still growing and they have grown up enough big this year. How long will they grow? Although, My weight is okay, I just want to loose fat from my breast. How can I get small breast again at home? I really want my breast to get small again as they are enough big and noticeable.
My father who is 74, is suffering from an enlarged prostate, with severe pressure in urine and lot of burning from pass only 10 mg after lot of pressure. His other medical heath is perfect, please advice can we take this Tamsuda Regularly, how long can he take his medicine, can the prostate be again normal by this medicine only. Our dues he need to go for operation.
How to analyse ultra sound (USG Abdomen) test? What is meant by prostate of 21.1 ML with insignificant residual urine of 20.4 ML. Two freely moving calculi are seen in GB.- Cholelithiasis?
Possible symptoms of breast cancer include:
- Swelling of all or part of a breast (even if no distinct lump is felt)
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Breast or nipple pain
- Nipple retraction (turning inward)
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
- Nipple discharge (other than breast milk)
Sometimes a breast cancer can spread to lymph nodes under the arm or around the collar bone and cause a lump or swelling there, even before the original tumour in the breast tissue is large enough to be felt. Swollen lymph nodes