Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta ShanbhagYour feedback matters!
Hi doctors please help me as I lost my first pregnancy with chromosomal abnormalities this is my second pregnancy with 24 weeks I was in Bangalore and now I went to my native there im seeking another doctor as I have undergone every scanning correctly and double marker test also and in 13 weeks also I have gone through full scanning in scanning center and 20 weeks also anomaly scan by doctor everything is OK but this new doctor telling me to do one more anomaly scan but she s telling everything is fine but also she is telling to go thru one more I'm literally scared I don't want to lose this baby before pregnancy I was taking folic acid tablet after also please help me please please.
Hlo mujhe apni problem btani h. mujhe before 1 month periods hue thay 2 may ko BT ab 1 month 6 days extra ho gye h. Periods abhi nhi aaye h. many test bhi kiya negative hi aaya h. First time itna late ho rha h. Please suggested me.
Instantly you will be refreshed and feel relaxed.
We often wander around, spending huge amounts to look for solutions to our health problems. We seldom realize that we can find them in our own house in the simplest forms. Apple Cider Vinegar is one such ingredient that can be your rescuer from some of the most common and persistent health issues that we face today:
- Keeps blood sugar in control: Studies show that people who suffer from type 2 diabetes and do not consume insulin can have lower glucose levels in the morning if they take two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar before bed. Some studies also reveal that consumption of a mixture of this vinegar and water before having a carbohydrate-rich meal can lower sugar levels.
- Helps in weight loss: The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar controls the appetite and in turn increases the metabolism of your body. Studies also state that the vinegar reacts with the body's process of digesting starch which ensures that not much calories enter the bloodstream.
- Relieves you from a blocked nose: The potassium content in vinegar helps to thin the mucus and the acetic acid in it kills the bacteria which causes the blockage. Consuming one teaspoon of the vinegar in a glass of water can be your way out from the sinus drainage.
- Whitens Teeth: Apple cider vinegar would do the magic if you are having yellow and stained teeth. Before you brush your teeth, all you have to do is gargle your mouth with the vinegar. It helps kill the germs in your mouth and also banishes the stains on the teeth, thus making them look whiter.
- Helps fight dandruff: The acetic acid in the apple cider vinegar makes it a tough for the yeast-causing dandruff to grow. Mix a cup of vinegar in equal quantity of water and spray it on the scalp. Wrap a wet towel onto your head and leave it on for a minimum of 15 minutes before you wash off your hair.
- Reduces Cholesterol: It is believed that apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which helps reduce bad cholesterol. Although most researches are carried out on rats and cannot be completely reliable when it comes to humans, some Japanese studies show that half an ounce of this vinegar each day resulted in lower cholesterol levels in people.
All in all, apple cider vinegar may not prove to be a complete cure to your health problems, but like they say, precaution is better than cure.
Is it safe to intake 5gms of creatine everyday? In that case, if it cause any side effects what I need to do to recover that? Does it really have any side effect if I fail to consume adequate amount of water?
Ovaries are normal in size but both ovaries shows multiple small anechoic sols in their parenchyma 4 mm to 7 mm in size.
Kidney is a crucial detoxifying organ that performs a lot of functions including, absorption of minerals, filtration of blood and production of hormones and urine. It also helps your body to maintain a healthy pH level. Since kidney failure can prove to be fatal, it is essential to keep it healthy, to ensure smooth functioning of your system.
The following are the tips to ensure the health of your kidneys:
- Adequate intake of water: It is advised to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily, to help your kidneys function properly. Adequate intake of water ensures that your body is able to flush out the harmful toxins at regular intervals. However, in case if you are already suffering from kidney disease, this point is not applicable.
- Control your blood pressure and blood sugar level: Diabetes is one of the major causes of kidney failure. It is recommended to control your blood sugar level on a regular basis to ensure healthy functioning of your kidney. People who have high level of blood sugar and blood pressure are more susceptible to suffer from kidney disorders.
- Quit tobacco: Accumulations of toxins in your body tend to have a harmful impact not only your kidneys, but also on your overall health. It is strictly recommended to quit smoking and use other forms of tobacco to protect your kidneys from damage.
- Reduce weight: Obesity and the problem of excessive body fat are harmful for your body in more ways than one. Being overweight makes you more susceptible to develop kidney cancer. Therefore, it is advisable to lose a few kilos to ensure the proper functioning of your kidneys.
- Avoid intake of analgesics without prescription: Most analgesics have the tendency to be harsh on your kidneys. Ingestion of analgesics increases your risk of developing kidney cancer. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen and acetaminophen are some of the analgesics, which are known to affect your kidneys in the long term. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid taking them without consulting a doctor.
- Include healthy food in your diet: If you increase the intake of green vegetables in your diet, it will help your body to accelerate the process of detoxification. Fruits and vegetables including watermelon, cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples, cabbage, cauliflower, peppers, garlic and onions provide considerable aid in removing the toxins out of your system. However, in case if you are already suffering from kidney disease, this point is not applicable.
Oral sex is a form of sexual activity, which involves the arousal of one's genitalia by his/her partner using the mouth (tongue, lips and throat). It is also called Cunnilingus (performed on a female) and fellatio (performed on a male). It is done before intercourse and during foreplay for sexual arousal. It is safe as compared to vaginal or anal sex, the rate of getting a STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) or HIV is comparatively lower.
Oral sex can spice up your life and can also make your partner reach orgasm. It is also a safe way of getting sexual pleasure without getting pregnant. But necessary precautions must be taken in order to have safe oral sex.
Some of these necessary precautions are:
- You can get throat cancer from oral sex: Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a cancerous virus found in the body of infected people. This virus can be transmitted to the person with whom you are engaging in oral sex. Studies show that people who engage with more than 6 sexual partners at once are more prone to get oral cancer. It is advisable to get your partner tested for HPV virus before engaging in oral sex.
- Oral sex also causes stress: Oral sex is generally related to hygiene, therefore the partner can be self conscious and worried about his/her genital hygiene. If oral sex is performed on a daily basis, some people prefer to wax their pubic hair often. This is harmful because it can cause red bumps and burning sensation occurs. It is advisable to trim your pubic hair and wash it properly before engaging in oral sex.
- A condom should be worn by the male during oral sex so that there is no risk of male fluid entering the woman's body.
- A latex, which is made into a thin sheet called dental dam can be used on the vagina or anus. This creates a thin barrier between the mouth and the genitalia. Hence, chances of getting infected by sexually transmitted diseases are greatly reduced.
Oral sex can be pleasurable and fun, but the risks of getting sexually transmitted diseases like herpes, gonorrhea and crabs is not altogether misplaced. So it is advisable to use proper protection and to maintain hygiene before engaging in oral sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
New Year is a good the time for new beginnings. At times our sex lives needs to be revived too. After a few years together, a couple’s sex life may begin to stagnate. A boring sex life can negatively impact your relationship as well. But by employing some very easy tricks in the bedroom, you can bring back the passion and add spark to your life.
Can’t figure out where to start? Here are 6 tips and tricks to help you out.
1. Be spontaneous: One of the main reasons a couple’s sex life dwindles is because they fall into a routine. Whether it’s the position you choose, or the sequence of events- right from foreplay to the actual intercourse- every couple has their own set routine. Break this monotony and try out new positions that can greatly enhance your pleasure. Also, try having sex somewhere else in the house that you haven’t before to spice things up.
2. Don’t be shy: Sex is one of the most intimate acts you can share with someone. However, sometimes you may find yourself being unable to open up to your partner about what gets you in the mood. This can make sex an unfulfilling experience. Try telling your partner what you’d like him/her to do. You might end up discovering that both of you share a common fantasy you hadn’t spoken about before.
3. Explore all erogenous zones: There are a lot of erogenous zones on a man and woman’s body. Take your time and get to know every single one of them. If you don’t know where they are, explore your partner’s body and see what turns him/her on and where. This is a great exercise that also sets the foundation for more fulfilling sex in the future.
4. Experiment with your lingerie: Clothes can be a turn on or a turn off depending on what you wear. Try experimenting with your lingerie. A host of options are available out there for both men and women. These days you can even buy edible lingerie on leading online shopping sites. Choose bright shades like red, as they’ve been proven to increase arousal.
5. Play around with sex toys: Introducing sex toys in your bedroom can prove to be very stimulating as well as exciting for both you and your partner. Sex toys come in all shapes and sizes, for both men and women. You can take your pick from vibrators and vibrating rings, handcuffs, etc; even lubricants and gels can be used to enhance pleasure and make sex more exciting.
6. Shave your pubic hair: Another way to give your sex life a whole new dimension, shaving off your pubic hair can increase the sensitivity in your genitals making sex a more pleasurable experience. Besides, for many shaved genitals have a visual appeal and cause intense arousal, which is very important when it comes to having a satisfying sex life.
I have infection on my genital organ. I have suffered for this please help me to solve this problem.
Dear sir..m recently married.my wife is having irregular period since last 2 months.her last period was on 10 the of Jan.however she had taken medicine after consulting doctor on 26 the Jan..pregnancy test was also carried out lastly on 05 th of Feb.it was negative.. Pls suggest
My wife is pregnant of 5 week but 2 days ago she suffered through bleeding & discharge of big clouts. Post sonography pregnancy is of 5 week, size of 1.4 mm but no cardiac activities are found. Doctor advised complete one week bed rest and take Duphaston medicine for 15 days. Doctor asked us to visit if bleeding starts again otherwise visit after two week. Thereafter doctor will advise what to do on report of ultrasound in 7 weeks. So pl. Suggest what may be the possibilities and whether should we continue pregnancy if it is ok or abort?
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition.
My mother is 50 year old. She has itching on her vagina from two days. What is thecreason behind this? How to prevent itching?
Hello. Am recently been diagnosed by pcod. I got my last periods on march 10th. But from past 5 years I have irregular periods. I consulted a doctor she askd me to usg, prolactin and thyroid test. Prolactin and thyroid test was normal. Usg depicted that I have pcod. Doctor asked me wait til april 15th to c if I would get my periods on time if not she askd me to start on regestrone frm 15th of april for that I would get my periods by 25th after which fron 5th day of my periods she asked me to take ginette 35 6 cycles for 6 months. I had an intercourse with my partner on 17th april (i was on regestrone) we did use condom but he has a doubt that the sperms might have gone in. I waited for my periods til 25th but its been delayed by 12 days, to confirm if am pregnant I did hcg urine test at home the result was negative. Please assist me. Am I pregnant? What do I need to do? Am not looking forward to have a baby as of now. If am pregnant can I go for abortion.
There are many questions a woman may have in mind for her gynecologist, but never asked them. Here are 15 such questions along with their solutions.
- Does my vagina smell unpleasant?: You should shower it with water and gently wipe it with a wash cloth before any test. Applying perfume makes the smell even worse.
- What to do in case the feet stink?: You should wear fresh and clean socks before going for the test and getting in the stirrup, which is a metal device for convenience of gynaecological tests.
- In case of a period, should I cancel my test appointment?: A gynaecologist is not afraid nor disgusted by blood as blood is a part of the specialist's profession. If you have heavy bleeding, you can call up the nurse for suggestions.
- What if the doctor or nurse judges my body?: Your gynaecologist does not care about your body and is more concerned about your problems and how to solve them.
- What if my legs are unshaved?: Your gynaecologist really does not care about your legs or underarms or any part of your body. Your problem is the only concern for the doctor.
- What if my shaved hair looks ugly?: As stated before, the gynaecologist is only concerned about your problem and nothing else. Use a sharp razor to prevent bumps or ingrown hair.
- What is the speculum?: It is a device used by your gynaecologist for opening your vagina in order to observe the cervix or look for infections on the vaginal wall.
- Why do I urinate in my pants if I sneeze, laugh or cough?: This is a common phenomenon for women who have given birth and is easy to treat.
- Is my vaginal discharge normal?: Having a small amount of white vaginal discharge is quite normal.
- What does the gynaecologist check inside my vagina using hands?: The bimanual exam is done using the hands to detect problems in the uterus.
- What if I do not like birth control means?: There are over 50 methods of birth control and many pills you can choose from.
- Can I ask about my sexual problems?: Absolutely yes, as it is quite an important issue.
- Can my partner or family accompany me to the test?: Yes, they can, but during the time of the test, they should leave the room.
- Can I discuss my relationship problems?: Your gynaecologist should know about any issue you are having.
- If I am having forced sex, should I tell? :Such matters should be conveyed immediately.
You can ask your gynecologist any question, which bothers you, without fear.