Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Doctor I have a small lump in my tongue for the last 15 years it is neither increasing in size nor it is decreasing. Is it a cause of concern. What is your suggestion please. I am 55 years old. Thank you.
I have pain while swallowing saliva and sometimes while speaking. I don't have cough and sneezing. What are the causes for this? and please suggest treatment.
Cosmetic dentistry primarily involves improving a person's smile and facial appearance. It could involve the teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or the bite of the patient. Accordingly, a change can be produced in the color, position, size or shape of the teeth, alignment of the teeth, contouring of the smile, etc. The end result is always a better facial appearance and improved confidence level of the patient.
Some common examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening: There are very few people who are happy with the color of their teeth. Everybody wants whiter teeth and therefore go for options like bleaching. This can be done either in the dental office or done at home. A word of caution though - go for teeth whitening only after the consultation with a dentist.
- Veneers, crowns: Just as the color of the teeth, the shape of the teeth also leaves a lot to be desired for almost everybody. Veneers are applied on the teeth after removing a thin layer of tooth structure. Minor reshaping and contouring of the tooth can also be done, especially to improve appearance in the front teeth.
- Tooth contouring/shaping: The edges of the teeth can be smoothened by mere shaping or contouring. There is no extra material that is added to the tooth here. In some cases, a thin layer of resin may be bonded to the tooth if required.
- Bridges: In cases the adjacent teeth shape, size, or color mismatch, then bridges can be done to even out the difference and produce a more corrected appearance.
- Braces: Braces are a big hit as they help correct misaligned teeth. However, the next step with invisible braces and ceramic braces is another step towards moving away from the traditional metal braces, which itself was not cosmetically received.
- Onlays and Inlays: Improper tooth shapes can be corrected with parts of the teeth that either replace only a small decayed portion or the entire crown portion to produce a more pleasing effect.
- Implants: Though fixed bridges do a very good job at replacing lost teeth, implants go to the next level in terms of the aesthetic replacement.
- Gingivoplasty: In cases where the gums have black spots, are too short, or are too long, the gums can be shaped to provide a better teeth visibility. The gums can also be sculpted to produce a more appealing gum line that shows off the teeth to give a more harmonious smile.
- Bite correction: In addition to braces, in some cases, bite correction may be required to smoothen out a sharp cusp or reduce the prominence of the canine.
With a number of corrections possible, cosmetic dentistry is here to stay - just as the drive to look good.
My second last teeth is entirely dead, and I can't chew from that side, ut was bleeding 1 or 2 week ago, what should I do?
Just one spoonful of coconut oil has the ability to prevent your teeth from decaying and can help you clean them much better than regular toothpastes, and it doesn’t even have side effects like in the cases of mouthwash products and fluoride.
The strong effects of coconut oil were researched at the Athlone Institute of Technology, where Irish scientists found out that coconut oil can inhibit mouth bacteria, especially in cases of candida albicans.
How can coconut oil prevent tooth decay?
By destroying the candida albicans, it prevents your teeth from developing dental diseases. The growth of candida albicans is helped with processed foods and sugar, and can also lead to other illnesses related to the digestive system. The scientists discovered that coconut oil has strong effect on common bacteria that help in teeth decay, such as the S. mutans, which is the primary cause for bad teeth, and have suggested that the coconut oil enzyme is a powerful alternative to chemicals that we use to protect our teeth.