Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gayatri
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GayatriYour feedback matters!
I am not getting pregnant after one year of my marriage. During sex we do not use any kind of safety like condoms or pills etc. What could be reason?
I am 30yrs old married 1.5yr, a working lady Suffering polycyst ovarian, irregular periods problem & also I take medicine Eltroxin 50 for thyroid. Last November I have a problem of Jaundice & on June'15 I have an operation of Gallstone. Now I want to get pregnant. Please suggest me after how much time I do regular meting to get pregnant.
The menstrual cycle is a natural part of a woman’s life. Most of the times, it has been seen that women have periods that have a standard or perfect timing. However, some women may have extremely unpredictable or irregular periods. There are numerous reasons that can cause these irregular periods. In such cases, there are some that are more serious than the others.
At the point when a woman stops getting her period, it is called amenorrhea. It is a strong sign that something is not right. Primary amenorrhea is the point at which a teenager never got her period in the first place during adolescence. Secondary amenorrhea on the other hand, is when a woman has had her period in the past, yet stops getting her monthly period for at least three months.
Irregular periods, missed periods, or exceptionally painful and serious PMS (post menstrual syndrome) symptoms are an indication that the levels of one or more hormones are either missing or are too high. Whether it is a basic health condition, constant stress levels, a bad eating routine, an excess of exercise or less body weight, frequently missed periods is not something that should be ignored, especially when you are sure that you are not pregnant.
- In case your irregular periods are consistent, you need to be assessed for PCOS. PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome influences up to 10 percent of the women who are in their conceiving age. Apart from causing infertility, PCOS can expand the danger of diabetes and many heart diseases.
- You need to likewise be screened for thyroid problems and other diseases and conditions that might be connected to irregular periods. For example, an overactive or an underactive thyroid can aggravate ovulation, which may cause a lot of hormone imbalance in your body.
- An irregular cycle can also make it more difficult to get pregnant naturally, particularly in case you are not ovulating each month. Your specialist can run tests to check whether you are ovulating. Women with sporadic periods who are attempting to have a child are at times prescribed fertility medications to improve ovulation.
- Women with irregular menstrual cycles may have a double danger of ovarian cancer as compared to the women who have standard month-to-month period cycles.
- Untimely ovarian failure (otherwise called untimely menopause) is the point at which a woman’s ovaries quit working before she turns 40, making her stop ovulating.
- Irregular periods can result in a thick coating of the uterus, which can be a hazard for creating uterine cancer.
- Irregular periods that are very heavy can result in issues like a low blood count, weakness or anemia.
Hence, if you feel your periods might not be regular and are causing you a lot of problems along with being untimely, you need to consult a gynaecologist immediately.