Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gayatri
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GayatriYour feedback matters!
My normal period started on 14th and ended 4 days later. I was taking Yamini for my PCOD but stopped midway and therefore I had another period on the 23rd which was as heavy and long as a normal period. Since yesterday I have been experiencing bloating and swollen, painful breasts. Is that because I am ovulating? Or because I am PMSing? What do I consider the start of my cycle to calculate ovulation- 14th or 23rd? FYi, I have also been put on metformin for the past 2 months now since I have insulin resistance and I want to conceive quickly.
Hi, Meri wife pregnant hai one month complete ho gaya hai, or mujhe abhi bacha nhi chahiye, so please tell me, any medicine name so that, we buy from medical store and clean at home.
I am 30 year old unmarried girl. From last year my period gradually decreased from 4 days to 3-2 days. Now my period lasts only two days. Not any problems I feel during my period. Normal bleeding occurs. I had sex with my bf 3 (on August 2015, Dec 2015, September 2016) time last year. After each sex I took unwanted 72 ipil for preventing from pregnancy. After that I found that my period is getting less bleeding with less days. From last year 2016 my period lasts two days only. Now I am worried about it. Maybe any problem in my pregnancy after marriage because of less days period? My period is regular as it was. Not any delay in my period I had. Please help me. Should I contact with doctor? I donated blood on November last year. Maybe it will cause of less bleeding?
We all have used homeopathy as a cure, and we know from experience that it works. This complementary modality of healing works on the principle of ‘like kills like’. All homeopathic medicines are derived from natural sources and are then diluted and ‘potentized’ to make them safe.
Here are a few common ailments that respond very well to homoeopathic medicines:
Common Cold- Allium Cepa (onion) which causes tearing in the eyes and dripping from the nose, is a frequent remedy for common cold and hay fever. It is very effective when there is a watery, and burning nasal discharge from the nose. Oscillococcinum, Bryonia, Belladonna, Arsenicum Album and Aconite are also excellent cures for influenza. Bryonia is especially useful in treating body aches that accompany fever.
Shock and Trauma From Injury- Arnica (mountain daisy) is the best remedy for trauma due to injuries and is an excellent first aid. It also helps to reduce pain and speeds up the healing process.
A Sore Throat- Aconite, Arsenicum Album and Belladonna are very good. Aconite helps during the onset of a sore throat while Belladonna is helpful in curing tonsillitis.
Nerve Problems- Hypericum (St. John's wort) is the first medicine to consider for injuries to the nerves or to parts of the body rich with them, like the back. This medicine is especially good for treating shooting pains.
Psychiatric Ailments- Ignatia (St. Ignatius bean) is most effective in treating acute grief, anxiety, and depression, especially due to loss of a loved one.
Cramps- Magnesia phosphorica (phosphate of magnesia) is the most effective remedy for cramps, including menstrual cramps.
Indigestion- Nux Vomica (poison nut), Aconite, Carbo Veg and Pulsatilla all treat indigestion. Nux Vomica is especially useful in relieving symptoms of flatulence, constipation/diarrhoea and heartburn. Carbo Veg is extremely useful for getting rid of gas after food.
Sprains-Rhus tox (poison ivy) is the medicine of choice for people suffering from sprains and strains. It’s especially useful when the person suffers from more pain when he starts moving after resting. It can also treat symptoms of arthritis and flu.
Remember to take these medicines in the 6th or 30th potency only. If you are suffering from minor pain or discomfort, you should take the medicine 3 times a day but if the discomfort is severe, you can take the medicine every 1 to 3 hours, tapering off later.
If you do not observe at least some improvement even after 24 hours of taking the medicine, it probably is the wrong one. Consider taking another medicine or better still, consult a trained homoeopathic doctor. It is also best if you treat yourself for non-threatening acute conditions only and go for professional care for chronic conditions.
My sister is 6 months pregnant, she has low haemoglobin content, how to increase it? What are the common foods?
It is a very common notion that fat is not good for your body. Most people have started opting for sugar instead of fat, which, in turn, has led to the rise in cases of diabetes. Recent studies have shown that fat is actually healthy for your body. Fat plays an important role in the body such as forming the membranes of the cell and reducing inflammation.
Here are some foods that are rich in fat and are actually good for you:
- Avocado: Avocadoes are different from other fruits in the way that they are rich in fats unlike other fruits, which mostly contain carbohydrates. It mostly contains oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fat that is beneficial for the immune system. They are also rich in fiber that lowers the bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Dark chocolate: As mouthwatering as it can get, dark chocolates never fall out of a foodie’s list of things he can’t do without. Studies have always attributed chocolates with all the ill effects they can possibly bring on you. However, recent researches have come up with quite contrary results, which can make all the prejudiced ones eat the humble pie. Dark chocolates, apart from their exotic varieties, come with incredible health benefits as well. It is rich in fats and antioxidants, known to improve your cardiovascular health. Chocolate is also known to lower blood pressure and improve brain function.
- Fish: Fish such as sardines, mackerel and salmon are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which are very beneficial for your heart. It lowers the risk of heart disease and other cardio vascular diseases.
- Nuts: Nuts are rich in healthy mono-saturated fats which reduce the risk of diabetes, obesity and heart diseases. Nuts also contain magnesium and Vitamin E which are good for the body.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is rich in Vitamin K and E along with various antioxidants. These antioxidants help in preventing inflammation and free radical damage to the body.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are types of seeds which are rich in fats and fiber, thus promoting satiety. They have anti-inflammatory properties and help in lowering the blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Diet is an important part of any person's life as food that goes in your body is what replenishes the resources lost in a day's work. The wrong kind of food will have adverse effects on the body in all sorts of ways, and that holds especially true for nursing mothers.
A mother, after carrying a baby to a full term, has to go through many hormonal and physical changes, which can be very stressful. After childbirth comes one of the other most important phases i.e. nursing and it is important to ensure that the mother gets proper nutrition during this phase. This is because it is the mother's milk that provides the baby with the required nutrients for growth as well as to build and immune system, which is why it is very important for a nursing mother to have a proper diet.
Let's look at some of the food items that should be consumed during this time:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - These are important during the nursing period for the mother as she needs to supplement important minerals in her body such as calcium and iron. Green, leafy vegetables are a must.
- Dairy products low in fat - As the mother's body produces milk, certain minerals get drained quicker than others and a direct supplement for them would be dairy products. However, it is important to ensure that their fat content is low as this can add cholesterol and thus, may adversely affect the health of the mother.
- Lean meats - Lean meats are a great source of protein that can supplement many of the minerals and nutrients. However, rich meat-based foods and heavy red meat should be avoided. Chicken in roasted form or tikka form is also healthy proteins that can be consumed 2 - 3 times a week. Fish, especially Salmon fish, is also a healthy and rich source of omega-3 as well as high in protein.
- Legumes - Legumes are a great source of iron, which is an extremely important mineral for a nursing mother. This is also an alternative for vegetarians. Legumes are not only a rich source of iron, they are also high in protein and helps the mother to stay fit and energetic to be able to take on the additional responsibility of her new-born baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.