Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gayatri
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. GayatriYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am suffering with throbbing headache from past four days. I doubt it would be due to Migraine. Is scanning required for migraine identification.
A diet is something which takes a lot of effort and also a person’s will to become a better form of him or herself. After all the thought, persistence and work that goes into the process of planning the diet and the mental fortitude of going for it; can you imagine the disappointment which is inevitable when it fails? If nothing else, there are reasons why this is so!
- It takes time: When it comes to dieting, it is quite unfortunate to see people think of the process as a quick fix in order to meet a body target. It is often the case that these people slip back into their old dietary ways as soon as they can. Going back to eating things which are unhealthy is really bad after going on a diet as the weight of the person then starts to change. A change in mentality is required here as the person who goes on a diet should keep in mind the fact that a diet is something which is a change in lifestyle for the better and not a proverbial shot in the arm.
- Be realistic: Another reason why diets fail is on account of expectations of results which do not seem to be reasonable, by any measure. This happens to be the case in a surprisingly large number of instances. Results when it comes to health and fitness take a pretty long time to show; time which is spent consistently following the correct schedule.
- Don’t lose focus: While most diets are well intentioned, one of the issues when it comes to them is the fact that there is so much preparation behind it that when a person deviates even in a minor manner away from the plan, fatalistic thinking comes in and takes hold. In the end, the net result of all of this is the sad consequence that the diet is let go off. This occurs by the way of the person thinking that since he or she did cheat on the diet once, all is lost. It is to be kept in mind by a person who is in this sort of scenario that the fact that he or she did not follow the diet plan which had been set out but in its stead, completely contradicted it by the way of what was eaten, does not mean that he or she should give up!
Diets require persistence but they provide their benefits which are more than proportional! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
If their a small problem seen in lever what is the problem, n acidity also increase than wats the problem?
Hello I masturbated twice this afternoon. Post this I am getting blood in my urine. I also feel some irritation and heat in the penis. What could be the reason for this? How do I deal with it? Please advice.
Has your child been coughing frequently lately? Is the cough chronic in nature, making your child breathe rapidly, and does he/she complain about a tightened chest? These symptoms signify that your child is having asthma. Asthma is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. It is common in children and an affected child experiences difficulty in breathing, and a whizzing sound is produced, especially during expiration. Asthma may lead to severe health complications and needs immediate diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of asthma is based on the symptoms, medical history and a physical examination of the child.
- Medical history and symptoms: You must tell the doctor about any history of breathing trouble with your child or whether there are chances of other inherited health conditions. You must explain your child's symptoms properly, which may include coughing, wheezing, chest pain or tightness and others if observed.
- Physical examination: A physical exam will be carried out in your child where the doctor will listen to his heart and lungs, and look for eye or nose allergies.
- Medical tests: A chest X-ray of the child has to be carried out, along with a simple lung function test known as spirometry. This test measures the amount of air present in the lungs and determines how fast it can be exhaled. Spirometry enables a doctor to determine the severity of the asthma. Some other tests are also carried out for the identification of asthma triggers. They include allergy skin testing, blood tests and X-rays to know if sinus infections are affecting the asthma. An asthma test determines the amount of nitric oxide in your child's breath.
Treatment: Based on your child's severity of asthma symptoms and his medical history, the doctor will provide you with an action plan to treat the same. This action plan explains all the medications your child requires, the dosage and schedule of the medicines. The plan also includes points on what to do when the asthma worsens and when an emergency treatment is required. Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to children who require bronchodilator medication. All asthma medicines used by adults can be used in case of children but in lower dosages.
You should give the asthma medications to your child using a home nebulizer or a breathing machine. A nebulizer delivers asthma drugs by transforming them from liquid to a mist. The child gets the drug by breathing it via a face mask.
In order to control and manage asthma in children, they must avoid the triggers and should keep away from any source of smoke. A doctor must be consulted to know about the best diagnosis and treatment methods.