Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gayathri ReddyYour feedback matters!
Oats are known to aid in the process of weight loss. They are filled with fiber and that in itself has been known to promote weight loss. They are the most filling cereal known. Not only do they beat doughnuts and white bread in satiety rankings, but they also outshine eggs and high-bran cereal. They are low in fat which ensures that your diet is just right without any extra fat in it.
Ways to have oats for weight loss
Because oats are known for helping with weight loss and making you feel full for longer hours, it is a great idea to add oats to your weight loss regimen.
Here are ways by which you can have oats to promote weight loss:
1. As breakfast
Mix half a cup of regular unprocessed oats with 1 cup of skimmed milk. Have this for breakfast 3-4 times a week for best results. You can replace milk with water for added benefits.
2. As a healthy meal
Take a cup full of oats, pour half a cup of almond milk or soya milk. Add all your favourite fruits like berries, peaches, apple to it to make it nutrient-rich. This ensures your stomach is full for&nbsp;atleast&nbsp;3 hours.
3. As a delicious snack
Take plain oats, dry fruits, a little water, peanut butter and mix it into a thick dough. Take bread and put the paste inside. Roll it and put in the oven for rolled breadsticks that are a healthy snack option. You can carry them to work and munch on them for your snack cravings.
4. As khichdi
In a bowl, boil water, add half a tsp of salt, turmeric, chilly powder to taste. Also, mix boiled vegetables like peas, carrot, lettuce leaves and finally oats. Stir till the oats are soft and ready to eat. Here is your healthy khichdi ready to eat!
Things to remember
It is important to choose the right kind of oats if you want to achieve desired benefits.
-make sure you buy plain oats without any added flavorings.
-the packaged oats are generally loaded with sugar which adds a lot of calories without any additional nutritional benefit.
-one packet of flavoured oats has around 160 kcal with around 8-10 gm of sugar while 1/3rd cup serving of plain rolled oats enough to make roughly a half-cup of cooked oatmeal has just 102 calories and less than 1 gram of sugar.
-if you switch from flavored oats to plain oats every morning, you can cut down upto 20, 000 calories in a year. This means losing around 3 kg without making any other changes in your diet.
-avoid adding honey, peanut butter and sugary toppings.
-boost your oats fiber content by adding a handful of berries like blueberries or strawberries (25 to 40 calories per half-cup).
So, go ahead and make oats a part of your daily diet to help you shed those extra kilos. Stay healthy, stay happy!
Hi, I am 28 years old women who generally leads healthy lifestyle. However my menstrual cycle has not came yet. My last monthly cycle was on 25th April 2017. I had signs of ovulation and been checking cervical mucus as we are trying for baby. But since multiple home pregnancy test. Shown negative result. Am worried. Cos I always had regular cycle. And I HV no health issues as well. So worried why no sign of pregnancy and late period.?
Hi. I am 34 years and this is my first pregnancy and I feel very angry, irritated and with negative thoughts all the time. Please suggest me what to do ?
Had unprotected sex on 9th of oct with my girl. Her period date is on 14th but yil now she did not get periods. She having burning sensation at the end of urine. Can it cause of pregnancy. Please help me out doctor.
What is your usual morning routine? wake up, have some coffee, open your eyes and let the day begin. Coffee is addictive and how! there are people whose day cant end unless they're consumed their daily 5 cups of coffee. Its very important to understand when to take coffee in how much quantity so that, you can benefit rather than health issues. You could be the judge of that after reading these pro’s and cons of the effect of coffee on our health
Coffee is made from seeds, and like all other seeds it has protective compounds. Coffee can prevent strokes as well as lower our risk of parkinson's and dementia.
Coffee boosts our concentration and memory
Coffee lowers the risk of oral cancer. Decaf has a much weaker effect for the same while tea had no effect at all.
Studies show that high consumption of caffeine reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
The caffeine in coffee controls many brain functions e. G. Mood, energy levels, vigilance and even reaction time.
Caffeine can boost ones metabolic rate drastically, which basically means an increase in the burning of fat weight loss!
A single cup of coffee contains vitamin b5, vitamin b2, potassium, manganese and magnesium all essential and important nutrients.
Coffee contains stimulants which can drastically lower the risk of developing depression.
Coffee can disrupt sleep patterns which leads to restless sleep and finally insomnia.
Coffee can lead to spinal bone loss in those people who aren't getting enough calcium on a daily basis.
The acidity in coffee can irritate your stomach lining which could eventually lead to ulcers, gastritis and even crohn's disease!
The over consumption of coffee can lead to headaches, and sometimes even migraines.
Caffeine can cause a sharp increase in blood pressure levels those with blood pressure problems must limit themselves.
Regular coffee drinkers are at a risk of dehydration they must take measures to ensure they're always hydrated.
You've got the rundown on its effects, now it's your turn to choose your side. Pro coffee or anti coffee?
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778)
Hey, I got married in year 2015 but still my wife didn't get pregnant. I did consultant with doctor about my wife and after myself. The result of my wife looks fine and I did my semen analysis test. My sperm count is very low. Could you please suggest what should I do. Thanks,
Exams, work, parties, stress, worries – there numerous reasons because of which we do not sleep well and begin the next day sleep deprived. At times, this extends to multiple times in a week and before we realize, it poses bigger health health hazards than you can imagine.
10 health hazards sleep deprivation can lead to-
1) Induces Accidents - If you haven’t slept well the night before, you are bound to be drowsy. It is extremely unsafe to drive when sleepy, as this puts you at a high risk of meeting with an accident. Not just while driving, there are known to be more accidents inside the office, when one is sleep deprived.
2) Makes You Dumb - When sleep deprived, our senses are not alert. And when our senses are not alert, our brain slackens. Lack of sleep impairs attention, reasoning, concentration, and reasoning. It takes us time to grasp situations and facts, we tend to be dumb.
3) Poses Serious Health Threats - Sleep disorders are known to cause heart attack, heart disease, heart failure, irregular heartbeat, stroke, diabetes, insomnia and high blood pressure.
4) Dip in Sex Drive - Sleep deprivation depletes one’s energy and increases tension in the mind. This leads to lack of concentration and a massive dip in one’s sex drive. Both men and women are known to express lowered interest in sex when they are sleep deprived.
5) Ages Your Skin - We all know that one sleepless night gives us puffy eyes and sallow skin. However, chronic sleep disorder also results in fine lines, dark circles under the eyes and lackluster skin. Human growth hormones are released while we sleep. So the lesser one sleep, the lesser is the hormone released. And thus affects our skin.
6) Leads To Depression - Depression feeds on insomnia and vice versa. While good sleep at regular intervals is known to calm the senses and helps treat depression, lack of sleep at times aggravates the symptoms of depression.
7) Makes You Forgetful - When sleep deprived, one tends to be forgotten. Not a surprise since due to lack of sleep, one is not alert as it is. Scientifically explained, one needs to be in deep sleep for the sharp wave ripples to occur and sharpen one’s memory.
8) Causes Weight Gain - Studies say that the more one sleeps, the more weight they lose. And in instances of sleep deprivation, exactly the opposite happens. Sleeping less than six hours a day increases your risk to be obese, according to studies.
9) Increases Risk Of Chronic Diseases - Lack of sleep increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases. It is very important to sleep the required amount of hours, every night, to assist all organs to function smoothly.
10) Impairs judgement - Sleep deprivation affects focus and other senses. This in turn impairs judgment as one might find it difficult to focus while taking decisions. You might start sleeping lesser than 7-8 hours and find that your body has adjusted to it, however in the long run, it will start showing adverse effects on your body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 23 years old I have one male kid and I want some gap for next baby so can I use mala D tablet as contraceptives pills is there any side effect.
While pressing my breast I get watery discharge my prolactin test n thyroid test were normal m taking opiprol 50 mg n nexito plus 0.5 mg m really worried is it breast cancer no lump in breast freaking out.
When you are pregnant, it is important for you to have a proper diet, which is full of essential nutrients. A lot of these nutrients are used as supplements for the growing fetus. This is vital for the fetus to grow properly and receive proper nourishment. Every pregnancy is different, so does the diet differs based on issues based by a young mother. The biggest myth ever is to expect young mother to eat for two, but the truth is a pregnant woman just needs about 500 kcal extra from her normal RDA. It is always better to get a personalised diet chart, so coping up with physical and mental stress by an expectant mother becomes easier, leading to a happy and healthy pregnancy. A customised diet not only helps to be mother to take care of herself and lil one, but also ensure a positive wellbeing post pregnancy. Rest is equally important and to be mother should ensure she is active throughout her pregnancy for easy labour and fitness. Postpartum complications are prevented when the fetus receives sufficient nourishment. Here is a healthy Indian diet to follow during pregnancy:
- Meat, fish, eggs, poultry, nuts: These food items provide ample protein, zinc and iron. During pregnancy, the body requires an increased amount of protein, especially during the second trimester. You should consume at least 15 grams of protein regularly as an additional protein intake is important for tissue demands.
- Milk, cheese, yoghurt: These dairy products are a good source of calcium, protein, vitamins and phosphorus. The body requires high amounts of calcium during pregnancy. You should consume low-fat dairy products, if you are concerned about getting overweight.
- Fruits: Fruits are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber and potassium. You should add fruits such as grapefruit, orange, melons and berries to your diet. Also you should have several servings of fruit regularly. Have fruit juices and fruit desserts as well.
- Vegetables: During pregnancy, you must include several types of vegetables in your diet. Raw, leafy vegetables such as spinach and other vegetables including carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, corn and potatoes should be a part of your diet. They contain vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, iron and magnesium. Moreover, constipation is prevented because of their low-fat and fiber content.
- Breads, rice, cereals, pasta: These food items contain complex carbohydrates, which are a good source of energy. Pregnant women require 6 to 10 servings of these food products. Grains are also good sources of protein and help in the development of the baby’s body tissues.
- Fats, sweets and oils: These food items are necessary for your diet when you are pregnant. However, you should avoid these in excess because of the high-calorie content. Try to consume food items, which contain low fat.
- Food rich in iron: Many Indian women suffer from anemia because of blood loss or improper diet. The body needs to get fortified with increased iron amounts. You should consume meat, prunes, raisin, spinach and soya beans. The body absorbs iron better when taken with food items, which are rich in vitamin C, like broccoli, potatoes and citrus fruits.
For getting an ideal diet chart during pregnancy, you should visit a dietitian. He or she will provide you with a diet chart, which will help you focus on the food items that are essential for you and your baby’s health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.