Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Gayathri B NYour feedback matters!
Hypertension or high blood pressure in itself is a problem where the patient may have the risk of getting a stroke or heart attack! When it combines with pregnancy, the situation may worsen. However, it is not always that hypertension during pregnancy is dangerous, but if care is not taken it may be fatal.
Is hypertension during pregnancy really dangerous?
When a woman has hypertension, either before conception or after it, she has risks of certain complications that may occur during pregnancy.
With high blood pressure, the blood flow to the fetus is not normal; it decreases. Thus, the fetus does not get enough nutrients that it must get.
Getting fewer nutrients may result in low birth weight as the baby will not receive enough nutrients.
When the baby is not getting enough oxygen and nutrients through the body, your doctor may suggest getting pre-term delivery.
Another emergency may occur if the placenta detaches itself from the uterus before maturing. Placental abruption sometimes can be very dangerous.
For delivery of a pregnant woman with hypertension, doctors generally prefer a Cesarean delivery.
Another tough situation is preeclampsia that can be life threatening for both baby and mother. It may lead to cardio vascular problem for the lady in the future life.
There are different types of issues that occur due to high blood pressure that occurs either before pregnancy or during pregnancy.
Types of High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy.
Chronic Hypertension: This type of hypertension occurs in a woman before she conceives. It may also develop during the first two trimesters of pregnancy.
Gestational Hypertension: If the high blood pressure develops after 20 weeks of pregnancy, it is gestational hypertension and after birth, this problem goes away.
Preeclampsia: Both chronic and gestational hypertension may lead to preeclampsia. This is much serious than other situations and the level of protein in urine increases. It is required to take quick action for this type of problem.
Taking medication for hypertension during pregnancy: During pregnancy, it is important to keep a check on every medication that the mother takes because each and everything affects the baby. However, it is necessary to treat high blood pressure and keep it under control. There are certain medicines that are not dangerous during pregnancy, but certain medicines like angiotensin receptor blockers and others may be dangerous.
Thus, it is better to take advice from a Doctor before the mother takes any medication.
Finally, a pregnant woman should always consult her physician if she has chances of getting high blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am an 35 years married women with 6 years son I was very lean like stik I dont have any disease I went complete investigation complete normal result in all the test I want to improve my health what should I do now ?
As it is rightly said ‘Nutrition starts at Conception’. Diet plays a vital role in physical and mental development of the child right from the conception. An expectant mother must make sure to follow the right diet.
There is much hyped misconception about following healthy dietary habits during pregnancy for benefit of her little one, but that’s untrue. If a to be mother manages to follow a good and nutritionally adequate diet, it will in fact help her as well to achieve healthy weight gain, comfortable child birth and most importantly helping her body to prepare for post-delivery weight loss. A physically and mentally fit mother makes a happy and active child.
By following a healthy and balanced diet throughout her 9 months and 9 days of pregnancy will immensely benefit her unborn. Inclusion of foods from all the food groups will be an added benefit. The following content will help an expectant mother to make wise choices during her pregnancy, making sure she remains healthy throughout.
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates form nearly 55 to 60% of total calorie consumption in Indian diets. They are majorly divided into two types i.e. Simple and Complex variants. A child bearer should opt for the complex carbohydrates in form of wholegrains like whole wheat, bajra, sorghum (jowar), finger millet (ragi / nachni), oats, etc. in her diet as they have higher fiber content with preserved vitamins and minerals. Simple carbohydrates majorly include more of refined products (maida, packaged foods), which should be used in limits or avoided throughout the pregnancy phase, as they do not provide any nourishment.
- Proteins: Proteins are said to be the building blocks of the body, involved in steady metabolism and repair of the damaged tissues, making them an integral part of mother’s and baby’s nourishment. Consuming protein rich foods like eggs, low fat dairy, pulses, yogurts, soy and its products at least 3 to 4 times a day, helps optimise the recommended daily allowance (RDA) intake of protein per day. Vegetarian mothers have to be more careful and be innovative to make sure that their protein consumption is not compromised.
- Fats: Fats play an important role in transporting Fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K to liver. Fat intake should not be completely discouraged during pregnancy, since it is a concentrated form of energy and is actively involved in hormone making mechanism in the body. Fat intake is important, but within prescribed limits and there should be insistence on inclusion of good fats. Keeping diet restricted in bakery products, fried foods and junk foods will massively help in preventing inappropriate weight gain and also reducing the possibility of potential risk factors during & post pregnancy. Omega 3 fats present in walnuts, flaxseeds, chia seeds, spinach should be taken as it tremendously helps in mental development of the growing baby.
Macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins and fats) intake through daily allowance will make sure an expectant mum gets her required nutrition. However, nutrients like Iron, calcium, folic acid, B complex vitamins also play a vital role in maintenance of healthy pregnancy. Daily allowance should be met by consuming green leafy vegetables, nuts, fresh fruits, etc.
Apart from getting daily calories allowance, it is equally important to stay hydrated. Water aids digestion, which helps to keep constipation at bay and also helps in maintaining optimal levels of amniotic fluid in the amniotic sac.
Expectant mother should divide her meals in small and frequent portions to combat acidity, bloating which are most common troubles associated with pregnancy. She should highly be motivated to be physically active and get adequate rest as well.
A special attention should be given to keep salt and sugar intake to minimal, as they contribute to unnecessary weight gain and bloating. They are also known to delay the labour process.
Conclusion / Bottom line
Maternal Nutrition plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy and blissful pregnancy. It is highly recommended to seek nutrition advice from a nutrition expert preferably before planning a child as a healthy diet will help in conception as well as during & post pregnancy.
Hello doctor. I'm pregnant and aged 29 years with good physic condition. 6th month now. I am a HBV positive person with non reactive. Viral load level is very less. Now my fear is, can I try for normal delivery or shall I go with C-Section. If it is normal delivery, my baby may get small injury right? Where my blood may get transferred to them?
Mujhe pcod hai. Saadi ko 3 years ho gaye hai. Bacha chahti hun But nahi ho arha. Face par hair aa rahe hai.please help
Nothing is more disappointing than a failed attempt to lose weight and the constant struggle to shed the flab. Sometimes, best results can be achieved by making simple changes to your lifestyle, including your eating habits without being emotionally and physically stressed. If you have to lose weight, you might as well enjoy the process and do it in a healthier way. Following are ayurvedic tips for a healthier and systematic weight loss:
1. Hot water
Hot water combined with lemon juice and ginger or herbal teas acts as a natural detox. Sip on hot water throughout the day to cleanse your entire internal system from impurities and blockages. It helps to improve digestion and staves off hunger in between meals. It is one of the easiest ways to lose weight and stay healthy at the same time. It is advisable to drink boiled water as it is considered to be more effective than hot water.
2. Eat warm and cooked foods for lunch
Your lunch should consist of warm and cooked foods as they are easily digestible and provide the right amount of nutrients for your body. You can include a variety of cooked food in your lunch because the body metabolism gets adequate time to process the food. Eating cold food has a reverse effect on your body as they lead to weight gain. Avoid a diet consisting of only carbohydrates and proteins as they do not nourish your body but simply make you crave for food in between meals. Instead go for green vegetable and lean protein.
3. Light evening meal
The body metabolism and digestion slows down as you reach the end of the day so it's recommended to have light evening meals. Heavy meals in the evening are often poorly digested and accumulate as excess fat. All your efforts of weight maintenance throughout the day goes in vain if you eat a meal of processed foods or foods rich in refined carbohydrates. It is recommended to eat a vegetarian meal or a meal consisting of complex grains like brown rice. Avoid binging on leftovers and high calorie desserts.
It goes without saying that exercise is a key to a healthy mind and body. Do away with a sedentary lifestyle as that is one of the primary causes of weight gain. If you don't have time to workout it will help even if you take a walk daily. Exercise will not only help you to lose the extra kilos but will keep your energy up and increase your body's metabolism. It also improves bone and muscle health.
We married for 3 and half years as advised we done IVF the egg retrieved on 11th October and embryo transferred on 14th October. Pregnancy confirmed by blood test on 26th October. We went for 1st sonography on 11th November but they said the child growth after 6 weeks seems 5 week and cardiac activity absent. My wife got totally upset. Doctor said have another sonography session after 10 days. Till date no bleeding. We are worried kindly advice.
Unexplained infertility is infertility that is idiopathic in the sense that its cause remains unknown even after an infertility work-up, usually including semen analysis in the man and assessment of ovulation and fallopian tubes in the woman.
In unexplained infertility abnormalities are likely to be present but not detected by current methods. Possible problems could be that the egg is not released at the optimum time for fertilization, that it may not enter the fallopian tube, sperm may not be able to reach the egg, fertilization may fail to occur, transport of the zygote may be disturbed, or implantation fails. It is increasingly recognized that egg quality is of critical importance and women of advanced maternal age have eggs of reduced capacity for normal and successful fertilization. Also, polymorphisms in folate pathway genes could be one reason for fertility complications in some women with unexplained infertility. Aberrant reproductive immunology such as decreased maternal immune tolerance towards the embryo may also be a possible explanation. However, a growing body of evidence suggests that epigenetic modifications in sperm may be partially responsible.
In india up to 25% of infertile couples have unexplained infertility.
- Potential methods in unexplained infertility include oral ovarian stimulation agents as well as (IUI), intracervical insemination (ICI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- In women who have not had previous treatment, ovarian stimulation combined with IUI achieves approximately the same live birth rate as IVF.
- On the other hand, in women who have had previous unsuccessful treatment, IVF achieves a live birth rate approximately 2-3 times greater than ovarian stimulation combined with IUI.
- IUI and ICI has higher pregnancy rates when combined with ovarian stimulation in couples with unexplained infertility, for IUI being 13% unstimulated and 15% stimulated, and for ICI being 8% unstimulated and 15% stimulated. However, the rate of twin birth increases substantially with IUI or ICI combined with ovarian stimulation, for IUI being 6% unstimulated and 23% stimulated, and for ICI being 6% unstimulated and 23% stimulated.
- According to oral ovarian stimulation agents should not be given to women with unexplained infertility. Rather, it is recommended that in vitro fertilization should be offered to women with unexplained infertility when they have not conceived after 2 years of regular unprotected sexual intercourse. IVF avails for embryo transfer of the appropriate number of embryos to give good chances of pregnancy with minimal risk of multiple birth.
- A review of randomized studies came to the result that IVF in couples with a high chance of natural conception, as compared to IUI/ICI with or without ovarian stimulation, was more effective in three studies and less effective in two studies.
- There is no evidence for an increased risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) with IVF when compared with ovarian stimulation combined with IUI.
Prognosis in unexplained infertility depends on many factors, but can roughly be estimated by e.g. the Hunault model, which takes into account female age, duration of infertility/subfertility, infertility/subfertility being primary or secondary, percentage of motile sperm and being referred by a gynecologist, sexual medicine specialist or N infertility specialist.
A tumor is occupied in her left breast. Is surgery needed or there is some another option to do the cure? Please guide me.
Hello Doctors , My son new born with 2 months now and we are using for bottle feeding with similar 1 advance because my wife is not having enough breast milk so my question here is that which is the best feeding bottle we can buy and what is the process for cleaning the bottle and nipple. Kindly suggest your valuable responses. Thanks
Epigallocathechin gallete (egcg) is a polyphenol, the most abundant form of catechin in green tea. It is known to be the main attributable factor of beneficial effects of green tea. Through a complex biochemical reaction, egcg in green tea helps sensitize cells so they are better able to metabolize sugar, which is beneficial for both type 1 and 2 diabetes.
Green tea consumption is associated with reduced mortality due to all causes and cardiovascular disease. It is effective in decreasing blood pressure, low density lipoprotein cholesterol, oxidative stress, and a marker of chronic inflammation. This acts as a therapeutic tool for obesity also.
Green tea is good for people with diabetes because it helps the metabolic system function better.
Two months ago. E.march I was pregnant I took gestapro and again I am pregnant now in may it is possible to take another gestapro after two months from the first.
My wife had taken postpone 72 pill, after 7 to 8 days bleeding is started and continue on 4th day also, pls confirm is it due to pill or this is her period bl ending or due to pregnancy. How bleeding due to pill is different from normal monthly period bleeding.
I am 33 year married woman, having 1year baby. After delivery I absorbed that yellow type of water is pouring from my nose.
Here are some treatments and symptoms of uterine fibroids