Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Gayathri B NYour feedback matters!
I have problem sir/mam actually near about 2 months phle maine or meri gf ne sex kia tha without condom but maine apna viria bhar release kia tha and usne urine bhi nikala tha after sex but tabse usko periods ni aare sirf blood aara hai or blood ke sath black sa kuch but periods ni hai ve aaj isne prega news se test kia tha but usme koi sign ni aaaya means ek to positive aata hai ek negative but uska koi singn ni aaya kya krna chahiye.
I have no regular periods. There many up days of every months .and very much pain during periods time. Plzz suggest what should I do.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, www.lybrate.com/treatment-for-healthy-diet, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Drugs like methika, karela, meshashringi etc. all anti-diabetic drugs as these drugs decreases tissue level peripheral insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia, which being the chief pathological sequence in PCOD.
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
Hi doc, This month on 1st may I had unprotected sex and took ipill. Then one week later I got my periods, and now on 15th may condom teared. So I took unwanted 72 on 16th may. This is the first time I had to take ecp twice a month. Please tell me is it safe? And when will I have my periods now?
How long time should I wait after menstruation of a girl or woman to avoid from pregnant How long time I have to avoid from sex.
Pregnancy 18 week, USG DEFINE IS B/L create PLEXS CYCST, MY IST BABY is 5 years old, 1st baby problem is left eye optic nerve block, left eye vision is 0, Pls suggest.
Dear sir. I am a married man. I have two females. One of 19 year other is of 13. My wife don't want third child, what precautions we should adopt during intercourse. She starts oral pills but due to reaction milk secretion in her breasts starts and doctor advised her to discontinue the pills. Copper t was also used but bleeding problem starts, we don't want family planning. During intercourse I throw the sperm outside due to this problem I start masturbating. We use condom also but it irritates both of us and our sexual organs get irritated. How many days are safe for intercourse after mensuration cycle and also tell what will be the critical period. Please guide me in this regard so that I can live a happy marriage life.
On day 13th my left and right ovary shows msf and endometrium size is 8.7 mm on day 15th my left ovary shows 11.7 and right ovary shows msf and endometrium size is 9.0 mm. Please suggest me it is good for pregnancy. Can I conceive this month.
Sir I am pregnant. In this time which food is suitable for it? Is any problem will arises due to long journeys? Which type of water is suitable for this time? Which vegetables are good for eating in this time?
I am 39 old female in good health. My periods are regular with 4 days duration in 22-26 days cycle. My last period was on 14 feb. I experience clotting sometimes as big as coin but there is no pelvic pain or any other discomfort felt so far .I do get pimples still in this age .My hormones were tested and its results are:- FSH--8.39 LH-- 20.7 E2--257 progesterone--0.7 Are they in normal range?
I have symptoms of Chlamydia and should I take medicine for that without testing I have symptoms and I did not tested should I take the medicine.
Hello doctor. Pls suggest some medicines to improve skin tone and texture. M suffering from pcod also ovarian cyst. But it's under control by medication. My skin is becoming dark. And also uneven and rough. And also my hair doest grow I want long silky hairs. I have mild facial hairs also. Pls help.
I am 22 years old. My mc is irregular. It has came on 25th january, 2015 and have not came till today 23, april 2015. When I have done sonography in january the result is pcos. Not other things like mass formulation, ovari size and all are normal. Only result darkened is pcos. What should I do? I am afraid of taking alopathy treatment so taking homeopathy. Please suggest me what to do. thanks.
It is possible to get pregnant with using myo-inositol D-chiro-inositol Chromium and vitamin d3 capsules? please advice me.
To stay in shape, you are required to follow a fitness plan that’s different from men. And, to lose a lot of pounds one must go for running, cycling and any other cardio exercises. But there comes the point when the weight loss suddenly comes to a halt showing no results whatsoever and the woman who never missed her fitness classes is now losing interest in the ongoing fitness regime. In all such instances, strength training is the best way to ensure that fitness remains at beck and call and a 4-week fitness program is what all women must try in order to have a solid foundation of strength and maintain fitness throughout.
The 1st week
If a woman is not accustomed to the weight training exercises, it is natural to be overwhelmed by the idea. But weight training is not as difficult as it may appear to be. One shall have to complete each workout like the straight sets. For instance, it is recommended to do a set of leg presses, then proceed on to the next set of the workout. All the workouts must be completed in this manner with 12 repetitions for 3 sets and a rest of 30 seconds in between. The fitness experts suggest selecting a weight load where the final two repetitions of the set are harder to perform and don’t let the woman do a 13th repetition. One can also increase the load of weight for each set while sticking to 12 repetitions for all the three sets.
The 2nd week
One shall continue with the straight set format for all the workouts in the 2nd week as well. But the 12 repetitions must be increased to 15 with 15 seconds of rest in between. This means that the 2nd week of the fitness regime allows the woman to complete more movements in less time. The fitness training is a wonderful stimulus of taking the exercise regime to the next level.
The 3rd week
The 3rd week is the juncture of the fitness regime and is extremely crucial for a thorough weight loss. In place of the straight sets, one would have to perform the circuit sets. One shall have to complete a set of each movement in 15 repetitions and then instantly move to the next movement without any rest in between. For instance, if someone is performing leg presses, then it has to be done for 15 reps and then move to the following movement such as goblet squat with no rest. After the completion of all the movements, the circuit has to be performed twice.
The final week
The circuit set style would remain unchanged in this week, and the woman shall only have to perform 12 repetitions of each movement. But it gets harder in this week as in it is recommended to do 4 complete circuits without any rest in between. This week must be dedicated to keeping oneself moving, and once a movement is finished, one shall have to instantly return to the first movement to begin a new circuit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My wifes after 1 year pregnancy her breast and vagina I feel loose thats y I am not enjoying my sex life that much any medicine for this?
My wife has undergone IUI on March 19th. She is having pinkish red bleeding from April 2nd for 2 days. She is not having much bleeding today. She is also taking duphaston 10 mg everyday. Her new cycle is expected to start from April 5th. Can she still be pregnant?
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
- Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
- Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
- Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
- Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.