Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ganesh Sathya Murthy
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ganesh Sathya MurthyYour feedback matters!
My eye sight was too good but from some days ive noticed that my eyesight is getting weaker. I also wanna tell you something that in daylight I can see clearly even it is 50m of distance but in artificial light like in night I can not see that much clear plzz suggest me some vegetables n fruits which can help me and also, I only use tablet only or less than a hr so that may not a problem for my case. Hope I'll get my ans soon, thank you:)
My grandmother has got her retinal operation done. She is advised by doctor to bow her head for nearly 16 hrs a day. She is unsuccessful in doing so? Will this cause a serious effect on her retina?
Getting black appearance under my eyes these days. I work on laptop for about 3 hours during night times, is thr a problem? Tell me solution please.
Whenever I sit in front of computer for some time, my eyes have some irritation and pain. What kind of food am I supposed to eat?
I have yellow eyes and what are the signs of bilirubin and hepatitis b please tell me as soon as possible.
I have a papilledema problem, Doctor has done lumbar puncture 2 time. Now after 7 month I have again have a problem of papilledema. Now what should I do?
I have red eyes over 3 days including body pain and what should I do to avoid farts unnecessary because I have a healthy diet I don't understand why does it happens?
Hi i want to get rid of my spectacles and my power in right eye and left eye is -2.45 & -2.75.Please suggest some exercises &nutrition
What is good food for eyes , my eye power is -8 now , plzz suggest some good food and exercises. Thank you :)
I have some issue with my eyes. My vision is so less because I am using my phn very hardly with full day please suggest me what I doing.
Mera daily 8 se 9 ghante computer chalane ka kaam hai. Lekin meri aankhe itni dard hoti hai ki me jyada der tak khol nhi sakta. Har thodi der me eyes se kuchh white white nikalta rehta hai. Meine kaafi medicines. Eye drops use kiye but kuchh farak nhi pada Please help me.
I am 25 years old female suffering from runny nose & constant sneezing 24*7 almost everyday accompanied by watery eyes. Watery discharge comes out of my nose almost all the time & If I touch my nose I start sneezing. It's very irritating to live with this condition 24*7.I am unable to concentrate on anything. I also had sinus problem beforehand & also has allergy from dust. I have been suffering from this problem since 4-5 weeks, precisely since the advent of monsoon. I think the monsoon is what triggers this problem in me. I had the similar problem last years during the monsoon. Please help me with this & suggest me some remedies for it.
His eyes become so weak he can not se the object clearly in long distance so please give me a better exercise which is useful for me to increase my eye vision.
I am 40 years male, My right eye gets blank for about 10-20 sec when I raise from bed. Have consulted the doctor they had brain scanned every thing normal. They found CSF opening pressure more than 30. Used Diamox 250mg for 6 months now CSF pressure is also normal. Still my problem is not solved. Please advise.
The cornea is the transparent layer of the eye that acts as a protective shield. The cornea, in combination with the sclera, protects the eyes from various harmful microorganisms and particulate matter, including the harmful UV radiations (to some extent). The cornea is made up of three important layers, the Endothelium, Stroma, and the Epithelium.
- Endothelium: The inner layer of the cornea, the endothelium helps to maintain a clear vision by removing the excess fluid absorbed by the stroma. The mitochondria-rich single celled layer functions more like a pump.
- Stroma: The middle corneal layer is extremely thick (~90% of the total corneal thickness) and composed mainly of proteins and fluids. Like the endothelium, the stroma, too, plays a pivotal role in the normal eye vision.
- Epithelium: Being the outermost layer, the epithelium functions as a defensive shield, protecting the eyes from harmful germs, bacteria and any matter that can harm the eye. Most importantly, the epithelium absorbs the essential nutrients and oxygen (present in the tears). The cornea, thus, plays a pivotal role in the normal vision of the eye. However, an injury or an infection can interfere with the corneal functioning, affecting a person's vision as well as giving rise to other complications (the eyes may appear itchy, watery and red. There may also be light sensitivity).
Some of the common cornea problems include
- Keratitis: Injury or microbial (bacteria, virus or fungi) infiltration of the cornea can trigger this condition resulting in corneal infection and inflammation. Some of the symptoms characteristic of keratitis include extreme light sensitivity, blurred vision. The inflammation can also result in redness, pain (moderate to severe) and watery eyes. Antifungal, antiviral or steroidal eye drops may provide relief from the associated symptoms.
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster): This condition mainly affects people who have suffered from chickenpox. In some cases, the virus though inactive may still be present in the body (in the nerves). However, at a later period, certain factors may trigger its activation. Once active, the virus can affect different parts of the body, including the cornea. Shingles can cause corneal soreness and inflammation. Old people and those with a weak immunity are more likely to suffer from shingles. People with shingles may benefit from the administration of steroidal (tropical) and antiviral eye drops.
- Ocular Herpes: This is a viral infection triggered by Herpes Simplex Virus I (HSV I) or Herpes Simplex Virus II (HSV II) resulting in herpes of the cornea. The condition gives rise to corneal inflammation and sores. Here too, the patient can get some relief by using antiviral or steroidal eye drops.
- Keratoconus: This is a degenerative disorder of the cornea that results in thinning of the cornea. The condition can also alter the corneal shape, resulting in swelling, pain, and loss of vision (partial to complete, particularly the night vision).
- Fuchs' Dystrophy: This is a corneal dystrophy whereby the corneal endothelial cells break down at a slower rate than usual. As a result, the stroma may be waterlogged resulting in swelling and blurred vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.