Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G.Vasantha
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. G.VasanthaYour feedback matters!
Is there any treatment of floaters in front of eyes? I am 25 years old and m too much worried because I can not tolerate this thing please suggest me.
While at mid of sleep during night my right eye ball started burning like hell, fluid was flowing from the eye and the nerves near eye ball was fully red. The burn was so severe that I had to get up and put some water in eyes, but that was not the solution for it. After that I couldnt sleep due to pain/burn. Though the burn lessen down after hours, but still I am having some pain. What is the reason and what should I do?
I have a desk of pain something like that head pain and eye pain for late sleeping so tht eyes goes to dark palace sir please how to rectify the problem.
My father has insufficient vision in his eyes, when consult with doctor, he said blood bleed in his eye nerves. He is having sugar and bp.
Hi. I'm a student. Mostly I spent my day ingront of my computer. I have glasses also. So is it ok to spend time on computer screen so much? Also i'm getting little headache when I wake up in the morning? Why is that?
I wear spectacle due to which I had pain in side forehead, it usually occurs more frequently, its pains alot that I can not concentrate on my studies, please help me, and give solution to cure this. And if possible suggest any medicine or any ayur methods.
For a recent times, I had a longsighted blurred vision in my right eye. Why this is happening to me? Does over masturbation leads to this problem?
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
In homeopathy, constitutional medicines are the key-
To understand the constitution of a patient, a homeopath must know the patient’s physical make up, like, his build, desires, his disagreement with foods, his thermal reactions, and characteristics of his discharges and eliminations. Also mental attributes, like, emotional and intellectual reactions and normal performances. A constitutional prescription is based on the totality of the mental and physical reactions. It covers the level of susceptibility, the tendencies, the behavioral pattern and the underlying fevers.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments. Recurring styes mean there is a tendency within the body, which had to be addressed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!