Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G. Swaminath
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. G. SwaminathYour feedback matters!
Hi sir. This is satya last two or three years I am suffering from depression for some reasons. I don't know how to come out from that.
Last year one false tooth is installed. With capping on two side tooth for the support. And one month back I had fever and small joint body pain doc said it was chickengunya. But report came negative.
Sir my problem is I think much more than my capacity that's why I feel hesitation and I am not able to do my work because of this I feel nervous and not concentrate on my work I tried but it is not solved by me tell me what should I do for it.
How to over come through depression . hyper tension about loving a girl and not getting her when she is just a friend and i see her daily.
I become very much depressed because of my health is not so good I don't feel happy I always talks to myself n sometimes cry I was healthy but suddenly my health is going down day by day I want to be mentally stable which I M not because of depression can anyone help me how can I make myself out of depression n can counter panic attacks.
I sometimes got vibration in my heart and body and I have remembering problem too. What should I do?
Parenting in the recent past has become extremely stressful than what it used to be a couple of generations earlier. This stress has increased manifold if the child has special needs. Be it a physical or an emotional disability, the caretaker has a lot of additional responsibilities when raising a child with special needs. Also bringing up such a child is extremely rewarding in the long run, when you see them accomplish things in life, for which your contribution is far greater than in normal children.
Read on to for some guidance on how to manage a child with special need.
- Understand the problem your child is facing: The problem may become evident prenatally, at birth, or sometimes it will reveal itself as the child grows up. Whatever the case, once identified, understand the various issues it brings along. This is true especially in case of syndromes like Down's or learning disabilities, which have more implications. Review the medical history thoroughly with the doctor to understand the child better and play your role better.
- Supportive community: There are a lot of supportive communities, which will consist of similar people and so a lot of mutual support and help would be available. The emotional components of empathy and sympathy play an equally important role here.
- Let’s face it: Caring for such a child is an ongoing process. The sooner this fact is accepted, the easier the journey will be. The children need to be reassured that they are not alone, they are differently perfect, they need to forgive themselves, to not be hard on themselves, and not to lose heart. The parent and the caretakers also need to realize that it is like a never-ending marathon and bracing up for this long haul is very important. There might be times when mistakes happen, tough decisions are taken, and you have to be hard on the child and yourself. However, don’t lose heart and encourage both the child and yourself. It is okay for these slips to happen, just accept them.
- Live for today: On a daily basis, forgive small wrongs both for your child and yourself. Trust your instincts, celebrate the little wins, don’t compare your child to anybody else, and protect him from getting bullied. The child needs to be told that you are unique and special and to set your own pace and compete against yourself. Work on your sense of humor and get professional help for both the child’s needs and your additional responsibilities.
While the stress of caring for a child with special needs is quite high, these are very small and simple ways to deal with the stress of raising a child with special needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
My daughter is 10 years old in std 4. She has lack of concentration. How she can increase concentration?
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
What is bipolar disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a condition in which your mood can swing very high, or very low, for weeks or months. It used to be called manic depression.
Your mood can be:￼
Low with intense depression and despair high or ‘manic’ with elation, over-activity or anger a'mixed state' with symptoms of depression and mania.
Bipolar disorder is less common than depression. It affects about 1 person in a 100.
What causes bipolar disorder?
It seems to run in families, so genes are involved. Genetic causes are less common in the elderly. There may be a physical problem with the brain systems which control mood. Stress can trigger episodes.
How does it feel to have bipolar disorder?
- Feelings of unhappiness that don't go away
- Agitation and restlessness
- Loss of self-confidence
- Feeling useless, inadequate and hopeless
- Thoughts of suicide
- Not able to think positively or hopefully
- Can't make decisions
- Can't concentrate, lose interest
- Can't eat, lose weight
- Can't sleep properly, wake early in the morning
- Go off sex
- Avoid other people
- Very happy and excited
- Feel more important than usual
- Full of new and exciting ideas
- Move quickly from one idea to another
- Full of energy
- Don't want to sleep
- More interested in sex
- Make unrealistic plans
- Very overactive, talking quickly irritable with other people who can't go along with your mood and ideas
- Spending more money