Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I am aged 38. I have been married for 12 years. I lost interest in sex even since I came to know that my husband is a womanizer. But has been just offering myself physically due to fear of breaking marriage. I have two kids now. Somehow hate when he tries to have sex with me. He has no feelings towards me but just want to try out mechanically as if I am an object. How do I get rid of this. He never understands. Feel like divorcing him. As there is no bonding but is forced to stay back due to financial burden as I have two kids (I also work and earn well). How to get rid of such difficult situations?Please help sir .
Hello, wanted to know whether high stress and anxiety can cause simple auditory hallucinations such as distance humming of people or a word here or there. I am suffering from anxiety and getting treatment as well. All of sudden from past week I have been hearing these humming 6 to 7 time a day. I am freaking out. I hope it's not psychosis. Want some positive answer.
Sir actually I smoke weed and want to leave smoking but I can't. Actually I tried alot but I can move on from smoking weed. How can I quit smoking weed? Please help me out of this. Thank you.
• Memory loss that gets worse, starting with forgetting recent events and new information, progressing to not recognizing friends and family members
• Difficulty concentrating
• Difficulty understanding words, completing sentences, or finding the right words
• Getting lost in familiar places
• Aggression, agitation, anxiety, restlessness
• Distrusting others
• Withdrawal, disinterest, hostility, or loss of inhibitions
• Problems with movement or coordination
• Muscle stiffness, shuffling or dragging feet while walking
• Insomnia or change in sleep patterns
• Weight loss
• Muscle twitching or seizures
• Eating more fatty, cold-water fish, such as tuna and salmon, may lower your risk of dementia. Fish have high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for the heart and the brain. Eating fish at least 2 to 3 times per week provides a healthy amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
• Antioxidants, such as vitamins A, E, and C (found in darkly colored fruits and vegetables), may help prevent damage caused by free radicals.
• Keeping blood pressure levels normal may reduce the risk for Alzheimer disease.
• Keeping mentally and socially active may help delay the start or slow the progression of Alzheimer disease.
The goals in treating Alzheimer disease are to:
• Slow progression of the disease
• Manage behavior problems, confusion, and agitation
• Provide a safe living environment
• Support family members and other caregiver
Studies show the following lifestyle changes may help improve behavior in people with Alzheimer disease:
• A regular walk with a caregiver or trusted companion may improve communication skills and reduce the chance of wandering.
• Bright light therapy may reduce insomnia and wandering.
• Calming music may reduce wandering and restlessness, boost brain chemicals, and improve behavior.
• Pets can sometimes help people improve behavior.
• Relaxation training and other exercises that require focused attention may help boost social interaction and make it easier to do tasks.
Nutrition and Dietary Supplements
People with Alzheimer disease may need help with their diet. They often forget to eat and drink and can get dehydrated.
Follow these tips for a healthy diet:
• Eat antioxidant foods, including fruits (such as blueberries, cherries, and tomatoes) and vegetables (such as squash and bell peppers).
• Eat foods high in B-vitamins and calcium, such as almonds, beans, whole grains, dark leafy greens (such as spinach and kale), and sea vegetables such as kelp and dulse.
• Eat more high-fiber foods, including beans, oats, and root vegetables (such as potatoes and yams).
• Avoid refined foods such as white breads, pastas, and especially sugar.
• Eat fewer red meats and more lean meats and cold-water fish.
• Use healthy oils in foods, such as olive oil
• Reduce or eliminate trans-fats, found in commercially-baked goods, such as cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.
• DO NOT smoke.
• Drink 6 to 8 glasses of filtered water daily.
• Exercise at least 30 minutes daily, 5 days a week.
• Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) shows some evidence for treating early Alzheimer disease and vascular dementia. If you are taking blood-thinning medication, such as warfarin clopidogrel, or aspirin, DO NOT use ginkgo without your doctor's supervision.
• Huperzine A, a chemical made from the plant Huperzia serrata, may improve memory in both vascular and Alzheimer dementia, according to several studies in China.
• American ginseng(Panax quinquefolium) improves blood flow to the brain.
• One study found that lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) helped improve mental function in people with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer disease. Lemon balm may act like a mild sedative.
• Bacopa (Bacopa monnieri) leaf extract, called Brahmi, is used in Ayurvedic or Indian medicine to improve brain function and learning. Bacopa may slow your heart rate. People with stomach ulcers, intestinal problems, or emphysema should not tale bacopa.
• Vinpocetine (isolated from Vinca minor) may increase blood flow to the brain and help the brain use oxygen better. Vinpocetine may interact with blood-thinning medicines
Massage and Physical Therapy
People with Alzheimer disease become frustrated and anxious because they cannot communicate well with language. Using touch, or massage, as nonverbal communication may help.
Music therapy, using music to calm and heal, cannot slow or reverse dementia. But it may improve quality of life for both a person with Alzheimer disease and their caregiver.
Preliminary studies suggest aromatherapy, including lavendar may help alleviate agitation among people who have dementia.
Alzheimer disease can lead to many complications, including:
• "Sundowning", withdrawal or agitation in the evening
• Malnutrition and dehydration
• Infection, from urinary tract infections or pneumonia
• Asphyxiation, stopped breathing
• Harmful or violent behavior toward self or others
• Poor health and support due to caregiver burnout
• Physical and emotional abuse, including neglect
• Heart disease
Alzheimer disease gets worse over time, however, people with the disease may live for many years. Those with a long-standing history of high blood pressure are more likely to get worse faster.
मैं Bsc के प्रथम वर्ष का नियमित छात्र हूं पढने में भी अच्छा हूं, मगर सालों से, शायद बच्चपन से मैं अवसाद में हूं, अपने आप से पागलों कि तरह बातें करता हूं, जो चीज दिल में आती है उसी कि कल्पना करके कहानियां बना लेता हूं, ऐसी कहानियां जो सिर्फ और सिर्फ कल्पनाशील है, जब खुशी का माहौल होता है तो ज्यादा दिक्कत होती है मुझे, मेरा दिमाग भारी पन, बालों में दर्द, थकान महसूस करता है, कुच्छ समझ नहीं आता मैं क्या करूं? मेरे व्यवहार कोई दिक्कत नहीं है, मगर इस थकान के साथ शायद मैं ज्यादा वक्त नहीं रूक पाऊंगा, मेरी सहायता किजिए?
In 2005 my cousin had a fight among others cousins and at that time he got too angry.In 2007 and 2009 two incident happened (suicide case) which make him shock. He was very frank with his aunty who is no more. And result in he speaks rare means he is not active as normal boys. He actually don't do of his own. And feel very sleepy even though he sleep at night. This is the issue to this patient.
Smoking is really injuries to health. How can we avoid smoking. Please suggest me any methods to quit smoking.
Hello doctor Myself hari I started smoking before 6 months Rite now I wanted to quit smoking I smoke 10 cigarette per day I just wanted to know can I quit smoking suddenly?
I'm in a relationship from last 8 months and we were very happy in beginning. He used to call me, text me, listened to me, understood me. But now things have completely changed. He feels bored with me, we make love sometimes but not sex. What should I do to bring back my relation?
Severe pressure headaches, anxiety and, weak legs, balance problems, acid reflux, hyper sensitive, can't get any sleep.
I 17 female. My problem is that from past few days I am feeling so depressed, irritated and sad. I do not get positive vibes around me. Problem is increasing day by day even I am not able to concentrate upon my work. Please help me to figure out my problem. I really do not know wat to do?? Plzz its a request help me out.
Gets very angry and frustrated when asked to study. Very sensitive and stubborn also. Hands shake while holding a glass.
I am suffering from cold and throat pain for previous two days. I already take honey tuss and crocin advance for weakness and body pain.Please tell.
Physical intimacy makes some people very uncomfortable. In some cases, this can be bad enough to be called a phobia. Erotophobia refers to the phobias related to sex while the fear of sexual intercourse itself is referred to as Genophobia. There are many reasons for sexual phobias. It ranges from traumatic events to physical disorders such as premature ejaculation etc. This is also an uncomfortable topic to talk about and hence many people misunderstand it. Here are a few strategies that can help you overcome this fear.
Educate Yourself: We are most scared of the things that we do not know. Keeping this in mind, educate yourself about the anatomical structure of the human body including the male and female genitalia. Understand how a sexual experience goes from excitement to plateauing and finally to orgasming. This will make you feel more in command over the situation.
Communicate With Your Partner: Your partner may misunderstand your fear of sexual intimacy as not accepting him or her. This can make them feel unloved and lead to relationship troubles. Hence, communicate openly with your partner and share your feelings and emotions. Understand that sex is an emotional activity as much as a physical activity and hence engage in a sexual relationship only with a person you are emotionally comfortable with. If you are feeling uncomfortable at any point, say NO and ensure that your partner understands what you are feeling.
Have Fun: Sex is not supposed to be a chore. Lighten the mood and find ways of making the experience enjoyable. Focus on foreplay rather than intercourse itself to reach a state where both partners are relaxed and at ease.
Address The Functioning Of Your Body: When it comes to men, erectile dysfunctioning and premature ejaculation are common causes of sexual phobias. Consult a doctor to treat these conditions and make a few lifestyle changes to live in a healthier way. Eating the right food, getting enough sleep and regular exercise can help give you confidence in your sexual abilities and thus treat sexual phobias. Also, avoid drugs that affect your physical functioning.
Stay in Control: For women, safety is a big issue when talking about sexual intercourse. To prevent yourself from being emotionally or physically harmed, you must always stay in control of your body. Avoid the use of alcohol or drugs that make you lose control and always keep yourself protected by using birth control or keeping a condom at hand.