Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G SureshYour feedback matters!
Its not a disease, its a habit of intestines
Many people in this world suffer from chronic constipation. It's not a disease but a habit of intestine who have forgotten proper peristaltic movements which help in expelling waste material out of body.
People indiscriminately use phenolphthalein type of drugs to help easing expulsion of wastes out of body. These drugs are not good for health. These make intestines further lazy to act on its own.
Ideal remedy is long walks/ jogs/ runs/ yoga asans, deep breathing/ kapal bhati, lots of water intake, lots of fiber intake in diet and easily digestible, non spicy, non greasy foods and cow milk, buttermilk etc
These help intestines to expel wastes by regaining peristaltic movements. If intestines are forcibly evacuated by allopathic drugs or ayurvedic strong purgatives, the many ft length of intestines get evacuated. Following days are needed to fill up the length and expellable material will need to traverse full length before reaching rectum. This makes people apprehensive and impatient and they think constipation was removed but has come again today. It is ridiculous.
There are other factors too but are manageable accordingly.
Soaked dry grapes and figs are very helpful in boosting peristaltic movements and providing fibers as well as essential enzymes and minerals to gastro intestinal tract.
Well acclaimed chyavanprash which is full of fibers, minerals, vitamins and enzymes is very useful in maintaining peristalsis besides good health. It lubricates intestines too.
Tip: chronic constipation sufferers should use simple chyavanprash 4-5 tsp or more empty stomach daily. Do not take breakfast or lunch until fully hungry. Dry grapes/ anjir soaked overnight in 20-30 gms daily will also help same way when eaten every morning.
Mild laxative tarunikusumakar herbal powder (chooran) may be taken 1 tsp at night with warm water, if still needed.
I am 21 years old male. I have lower back pain. The pain is more pronounced whenever I wake up in the morning. Ultrasound report say that a lot of gas is seen in bowel loops. Earlier I had consulted about two to three doctors they always prescribed painkiller and gas tablets with work for few days and the pain restarts after that.
Diabetes is one of the most common problems that are caused by obesity, unhealthy and inactive lifestyle. It is a metabolic disorder in which the body is unable to store and use energy from food. Being physically inactive and eating unhealthy food are primary causes of diabetes. It is a long term condition which causes high or unstable blood sugar levels in the body.
When a patient suffers from low blood sugar it is called Hypoglycemia, and if the blood sugar levels are too high, it is called Hyperglycemia. Both are extremely harmful for a patient.
Type 1 and Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes-
In Type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. The condition has no known cure and is usually hereditary in nature. Approximately 10% of those suffering from diabetes have Type 1 diabetes. Patients with Type 1 diabetes have to take regular medication, including insulin injections as well as take care of their diet.
Type 2 diabetes happens when the body does not produce enough insulin for its proper functioning. 90% of all diabetic people suffer from Type 2 diabetes. It is usually caused by poor lifestyle choices, like physical inactivity and unhealthy food habits. The disease lasts a lifetime and is usually progressive in nature, but can be managed by taking regular medication, choosing an active lifestyle and maintaining proper body weight.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. This has to be managed by taking medication or in extreme cases insulin shots. If undetected or untreated, gestational diabetes increases complications during childbirth, and causes unusual weight gain in the baby. However, gestational diabetes usually ends after the baby is born and women can go back to their normal lifestyle and eating habits post delivery.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent urination
- Extreme hunger or thirst
- Weight loss
- Problems with vision
- Tingling or numbness of the extremities.
- Unexplained fatigue
- Dry skin
- Cuts or sores that heal slowly
- High number of infections
Who is at greatest risk for developing diabetes?
- Are 45 or over
- Are overweight
- Are habitually physically inactive
- Have previously been identified as having IFG (impaired fasting glucose) or IGT (impaired glucose tolerance)
- Have a family history of diabetes
- Are members of certain ethnic groups (including Asian American, African American, Hispanic American, and Native American)
- Have had gestational diabetes or have given birth to a child weighing more than 9 pounds
- Have elevated blood pressure
- Have an HDL cholesterol level (the good cholesterol) below 35 mg/dl and/or a triglyceride level above 250 mg/dl
- Have polycystic ovary syndrome
- Have a history of vascular disease
What is pre-diabetes?
Pre-diabetes is a condition of elevated blood glucose level that has not yet reached a diabetic level. Along with insulin resistance, pre-diabetes causes no symptoms. An individual may be pre-diabetic for years without knowing it. Pre-diabetes increases your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Weight loss and exercise may halt the onset of diabetes from pre-diabetes by returning blood glucose levels to a normal range.
Diabetes is the fifth-leading cause of death by disease. Diabetes leads to the death of many people each year across the globe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 21 year old. This problem is from last one year. It pain while urinating. Severe pain. Plus very thin urine come out. That too exyra pressure is required. I have consulted doctor also but no progress in problem. I will be very gratefull if this can be cured. Hoping a fruitful response from your group.
Hi doctor I have lot of lice in my hair they increase day by day please suggest me any shampoo aur anything.
I am 28 years old male from new delhi. I am suffering from diabetes and having problem in walking amd jogging a lot What should I do now to get rid of it asap.
Me and a friend of mine were messing around almost on the 19th or 20th of this month. And we were naked. And my penis was leaking with the pre- ejaculate liquid. But I did not rub my penis on her vagina. It just touched her vagina slightly once or twice. And after having that, she went and washed her vagina. But now from past two or three days she is feeling vomitish, gassy, and a slight migraine also I am afraid she might be pregnant What do you think it could be doctor And she got off her period on the 18th. And she is a virgin also. And clearly again. We did this the next after her period got over. That is. Her period got over on 18th of may and we did it on 19th or 20th of may. Please help.
I have got to typhoid in the month of September and octuber in every year. Why? What it's permanent treatment?
I have masturbating habit. I wanna stop this. Weather it is beneficial or harmful. How to stop. Please suggest.
Hello doctors my mom is facing allergy problem since 20 years she is suffering with sinus and migraine in recent day she got cured of those problems using homeopathy but I need your suggestions dat how can she will be cured of this allergy she is not taking any vgtbls and fruits please do Hlp me and suggest me d best doctor for allergy. I juz want to kwn dat can allergy is permanently cured or not please reply me. Thank you.
I am 26 year old men last weak I go to for a massage parlour there a lady kiss my lips and lick my penis is there any chance to get I am infected in hiv?
I am from Nigeria, I try consulting a doctor privately here but my credit card has been declined, so please please doctors in the house I need specific answers. Something fell on my head years age, and I started having severe headache after worth, I did CT scan and nothing was found. What triggers it are; exposure to sun, noise, smell, lack of sleep, cold food or drink. In addition sometimes the whole of my body will be shaking as if I want to faint. Please help. Thanks.
STDs are nothing but those diseases that are usually invited by sexual intimacy or intercourse. Some of these diseases are even life threatening at times, and if you want to prevent them, then you have to adopt a few preventive measures.
Best preventive measures for preventing STDs:
1. Using latex condoms: Latex condoms need to be used during sex every time, and these condoms are the safest of all condom varieties available in the market. Both pregnancy and STDs can be easily and efficiently prevented by means of these condoms, and this is the reason everybody is using the same. But you should have the knowledge of correct usage of these condoms.
2. Keeping intimate areas clean: Do not ever forget to wash your genitals after or before making intercourse with your partner and this is needed for preventing sexual diseases. Sometimes, excessive lubrication during sexual intercourse brings infectious diseases, and thus your genitals get exposed to sexual diseases.
3. Stop sharing items: Sharing under-garments or towels with your friends or close mates can be very much dangerous as you might develop STDs. Even if you have allowed somebody using these personal items of yours, you have to wash them carefully before using the same.
4. Avoid multiple sex-partners: Both the sex partners should be loyal to each other and should not make sex with multiple partners as that will invite STDs. Having sex with more than one partner can be quite dangerous as a result of which your genital organs get infected and this infection later on turns into serious sexual diseases that cannot be easily treated.
5. Avoiding unhealthy lifestyle: If you are exposed to excessive smoking, drugs and alcohol, then you might develop different kinds of STDs. Therefore, you are highly recommended to lead a completely healthy lifestyle so that a healthy sexual life can be enjoyed. You will never be able to have safe sex if you are so very addicted to alcohol, smoking and drugs.
6. Have vaccination: Vaccination is now considered as one of the safest methods for preventing STDs. HPV vaccines are the popular, and the most recommended ones and thus teenagers can take them before getting sexually active. Hepatitis-B vaccinations are also required for getting increased protection against serious sexual diseases, especially AIDS and others. HIV testing is also very much essential in this regard, and you should not avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.