Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G S Palaksha
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. G S PalakshaYour feedback matters!
The following factors are most predictive of a healthy marriage.
A. Growing up in an intact, functional family
B. Parents were a good marital model
C. Both parents functioned well psychologically
D. Atleast 21 yrs at the time of marriage
E. Marry for positive reasons to share your life and not driven by thoughts such as fear of loneliness, parental or peer pressure or to rescue someone.
F. Know your partner for atleast six months
G. Commonalities in terms of sociology, economic class, race, religion, education, common interests
H. Physical attraction with potential to develop an intimate relationship.
I. Discuss important life organization issues like, work, money, children, to live with parents of your spouse or separately and life goals.
J. Support of family and friends is essential building blocks in a healthy marriage.
K. Consider your spouse as respectful and trusting friend
L. Sharing important information about self, taking each other's opinion for significant decisions.
M. Marital bond of respect, trust, and intimacy grows stronger in first three years of marriage.
N. Wait for atleast two to three years before birth of a planned child.
O. Maintain positive, realistic personal and marital expectations.
If atleast 50% of the above is also implemented it will give both the spouses a lot of contentment and motivation to build a strong bond and improve each day.
By Dr. Sharmila majumdar, senior consultant sexologist, psychoanalyst
Avis hospital, clinic of sexual health, mental health. Hyderabad
Hello Sir / Madam, Good Afternoon. My Name is Litan Deb, age 32.5 months, I have suffering from body pain along 10 year above. In the year 2000 I got fiver.
Mere babut teej hath pair mai pain ho raha hai ya pure body mai pain ho raha hai nd babut teej febar bhi hai nd mai abhi hospital nahi ja sakti to mai kya karo.
I am a smoker 4-5 cigarettes a day, recently I am feeling heaviness in my chest and sometimes I feel a slight pain in heart. I am trying to stop this habit, will stopping help me in this or shall I try some medication.
I am forgetting things very soon. I am 16 years old and I have concentration problem. It affects my studies too. My mind is always deviated somewhere and I always think negative thoughts. I always think about some or the other thing. Is there any consult for curing my problem?
My Daughter is having Mental Problem,Doctor has given Dircorate ER 500, and Oliyanz 5mg. She take one each everyday from last 12 years, but if one day is scapped she becomes mentally disturb,fights with us,orally and sometimes physically,or goes out anywhere very silantly if our attention diverts, she herself do not not where she is going. Is there any permanent way out? Her age is 32years,she is phisically very short (3.6Ft.) also.
Figuring out how to revamp and keep up your self-esteem is very important in order to have a satisfied life. There will dependably be things that tag along and make you doubt it in case that you are all right. However, at times like those, here are some of the ways to increase your self-esteem.
- Strength: The power inside is the thing that you can depend upon when the chips are down and you are thinking about trading in for valuable things. Using your internal strengths to pick yourself up by your shoes will give you the feeling that you can manage anything life tosses at you.
- Enlightenment: The ability to realise and consider what you know keeps you strong in your decisions and choices. Your considerations can change with time, yet your internal lessons are steady.
- Love of self: It might be a standout amongst the most underutilised solution of boosting your self-esteem. We can be harder on ourselves than on some other individual. Deliberately offering yourself a solution and not falling into the trap of self-denigration will allow you to spare your energy for the relatively important parts of life.
- Fulfillment: It is a misjudged quality. It is not about not having any more space for extra feelings, yet it is rather about being open and searching for a feeling that will add to our prosperity.
- Energy: Positive emotions nourish our psyches and hearts. When you do not have any energy, you cannot like yourself or anything else. At that point, an ideal approach to get your energy back is to practice something physical like work out.
- Selflessness: The nature of putting others before yourself is a great approach to assembling your self-esteem and to add to the people who do need you, in the meantime. In case that you do not do anything else today, help somebody who needs it and afterwards perceive how you feel.
- Trust: It should first be given to yourself. Your self-question works directly against your self-esteem. Trust that you are here for the correct reasons and that your investment in life is important to people around you.
- Emotions: Emotions being in contact with your sentiments will improve you as a person, and in addition, make you a superior parent or a friend. Being consistent with your feelings cannot resist the urge to improve how you feel about yourself.
- Effectiveness: It is the capacity to impact the world decidedly. It can be strangely empowering.
- Motivation: It is that internal team promoter that takes you to great levels in your life. Needing to positively affect everyone around you is a great approach to motivate yourself. It is likewise extremely life changing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I smoke cigarattes and i drink alcholal frequently by that my face is changing into dark what precautions ishould take to make my face little white. Thank you
Kya, marrige se pehle sex papp ha pr muje ku lggta ha Ki mai depress hunn plese suggest me ma, is se kaise bhar niklun I am 25 year old boy.
I am going through severe mood swings, For few days I feel very happy and suddenly very depressed and full of anger. Feeling lethargic and very sleepy and increase in appetite is also bothering me. What is it?
If you are a heavy drinker or consume alcohol regularly or frequently, you should know about the harmful effects of alcohol or how it affects your body negatively. When you drink, alcohol gets absorbed into your blood and gets distributed all over your body. Alcohol consumption may cause several physical and emotional changes, which can cause great harm to the body. There are many long-term effects of alcohol abuse, which put your health at great risk.
Here are some ways in which alcohol affects the different parts of your body:
- Excretory system: Excessive consumption of alcohol may cause the pancreas to produce toxic substances that interfere with its functioning. As a result, pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas is likely. This is a serious problem, capable of destroying the pancreas. Alcohol affects the liver severely. Excessive intake of alcohol may cause alcoholic hepatitis and lead to jaundice development. Chronic liver inflammation may cause severe scarring or cirrhosis. The formation of scar tissue may destroy your liver. When the liver and pancreas do not work properly, there is a risk of hypoglycemia. The damaged pancreas may cause unbalanced blood sugar levels, which is a serious concern.
- Central nervous system: Change in behaviour is one of the primary signs of alcohol being in your system. Alcohol travels through the body and quickly reaches your brain and other parts of the central nervous system or CNS. This may lead to slurred speech and it becomes harder for you to talk. Your overall body coordination is affected along with your balance and the ability to walk properly. Over drinking negatively affects your ability to think clearly, impulse control and your ability to form memories. Long term drinking shrinks the frontal lobes of the brain. Damage to the nervous system because of alcohol may cause pain, abnormal sensations in your limbs, and numbness.
- Digestive system: Alcohol also affects your digestive system in several ways. Alcohol can affect the entire digestive system starting from the mouth to the colon and a single incident of excessive drinking can wreck parts of the digestive tract.
- Organ damage: Alcohol abuse damages your salivary glands, which cause irritation in the tongue and month. This may result in gum disease, tooth disease or tooth decay. Ulcers in the oesophagus or food pipe, acid reflux and heartburn are other impacts. Excessive drinking may also lead to stomach ulcers and inflammation of the stomach lining.
Inflammation of the pancreas disrupts its ability to help the process of digestion and regulate effective metabolism. Damage to the digestive system from alcohol abuse can also cause diarrhoea, gas, abdominal fullness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.