Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G R Subhash ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am having 5 months baby. I am not interested in commercially available cerelac. So I prepared home made cerelac made out of (wheat, rice, corn, black grams, dry fruits, horse gram, masoor dal and moong dal). But my doubt is can I give to my 5 months old baby. Please suggest me a diet chart and the foods I can feed to my baby.
Sir/madam My daughter doesn't consume milk from breast Even she doesn't hv any cough and cold. If we put breast milk in a bottle then she can have easily. please suggest me what should I do for her. Or suggest me any substitute instead of breast milk Thank you.
मेरी बेटी का जन्म 4 मई 2016 को हुआ लेकिन जन्म के बाद वह बिल्कुल भी नहीं रोई। 20 दिन तक nursery में एडमिट थी।अब डिस्चार्ज होकर घर आ गयी है लेकिन अब भी वह रोती नहीं है। फीड में ट्यूब से दी जाती है। birth asphyxia. AGA. RDS. HIE grade 2nd. Sepsis. Shock. ATN था। कृपया ओपिनियन दे।
Asthma is controllable and not curable, as it is due to chronic inflammation of air tubes which lead to hyper responsiveness of airways to external factors. It may go into remission. Use of laba and ICS combination by inhalation with spacer in most cases is able to control symptoms of asthma that is wheeze, chest tightness, cough and breathlessness. Once the symptoms are under control, then patient can take maintenance dose of ICS by inhalation with spacer to keep the inflammation in the airways under control. Avoid tigers of asthma like extreme of temperature change, dust, smoke, pollution and allergens.
Diabetes is caused due to hormonal imbalance in our bodies. When the equilibrium between insulin and glucagon (hormones related to the sugar levels in the body) is disturbed, an individual suffers from diabetes. The disease is of two types: Diabete mellitus (Type-I and Type II) and Diabetes insipidus. When your body fails to release adequate insulin, the food that we consume is not properly converted into sugar or glucose. This is Type-I diabetes. On the contrary, if body releases defective insulin, one suffers from Type-II diabetes. Type-1 diabetes is sometimes called juvenile diabetes, or insulin-dependent diabetes. Type 1 occurs more frequently in children and young adults, but accounts for only 5-10% of the total diabetes cases nationwide. The basic symptoms of diabetes include changing sugar levels, excessive urination, thirst, weight loss and a lack of energy. Diabetes is caused due to a number of factors, ranging from environmental matters or hereditary links.
Homeopathic Remedies for Diabetes
Diabetes requires prolonged treatment. Long exposure to allopathic drugs can hamper your body organs due to its side effects. Therefore, it is advisable to take up homeopathic remedies, which have a long lasting effect on the patient. These medicines don’t cause side effects. Here are some of the remedies:
- Uranium nitrate: This compound reduces the sugar levels in the bloodstream and also keeps a check on frequent urination. It is prescribed for patients who develop the disease due to assimilative derangements. The symptoms that are looked for while prescribing medicines containing this compound include digestion problem, languor and debility, excess sugar in urine, huge appetite and thirst.
- Phosphoric acid: This compound is best for the treatment of diabetes that has a nervous origin. The symptoms that are looked for include excess urine and the colour of the urine is milky; poor mental force and general lethargy. The patient can also develop a bruised feeling in the muscles.
- Phosphorus: This compound is given to patients, suffering from diabetes and pancreatic diseases, especially tuberculosis or gouty diathesis. The symptoms include dry mouth, dark and watery stool and restlessness.
- Lactic acid: It is helpful for treating gastrohepatic type of diabetes. The symptoms that will have to be present in the patient include light yellow coloured urine, dry skin and tongue, thirst, nausea, and costive bowels.
- Insulin: Insulin therapy is an important as it helps in maintaining a balance in the sugar levels and keeps the urine free from sugar.
My baby is now 1 Years 6 Months but her nipple size is too big how to treatment my baby please help us or tell me the medicine name and how to use.
My son is suffering from cold and cough past 2 days. I am giving him sporidex 2.5 ml 3 times a day. Any remedies for cough? please suggest.
My 9 year old boy is hyper can be aggressive can not sleep wets the bed alot loves sour or salty foods as poor fine motor skills poor short memory flexible fingers does not feel pain as meltdowns I had gbs while pregnant but no antibiotics he was born on his due date but only weighed 5lb13 he has had.
My daughter has diabetes and gas issue she is taking insulator from last 2 years she can not walk suggest the food she should take to have control on diabetes.
My three years old sick with a temperature of hundred degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids what should I do?
What are hypothyroid symptoms in toddlers of age 2 years. My baby is over weight and is told to do thyroid profile and Bsl by our pediatrician. My baby is 20 kg and age is 2 years. So please tel what are chances dat my baby must be having des problems. I was diagnosed with sub clinical hypothyroidism during pregnancy and was also having gestational diabetes (well controlled). please suggest some help for my child so dat he will not gain more weight Thank you.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
A small boy he was infected by small pimples like he iched where where it was producesd whre he was itched he was telling it was so painfull so please give me some suggestions he was 7 years old.
My son is 1 year old and his weight is just 8 kg, his birth weight was 3 kg, actually he had to left breastfeeding at 6 months due to the pregnancy of my wife, I agree that was a big mistake but I now want to increase the weight of my son so please suggest good healthy powders and tonic for his proper gain and growth. Thank you.
My 3 years old daughter does want to eat non -veg food. Always she wants to eat some spicy food. She wants chicken in her every launch or dinner. She doesn't like Dal, sabji etc. It is not good for her health, isn't in Dr? Can I give LIVSAVE KIDS to protect her liver? Please give me suggestion.
My daughter has weazing at night times. We were user homeopathy for 1 year but not cured later we went to childrens specialist and he has done all tests and come to know that infection and sugeested to use levoline, budecort and montralkid. When ever using that time no weazing and again its comes. We are taking thi treatment from 8 months. Her age is 8. Please advise.
This is very common after the baby has turned about 2-3 months of age or even slightly later. This appears as a red area with itching on the cheeks or the chest area. These babies usually have very dry skin, and it is also not uncommon for one of the parents to have eczema. This form is called atopic eczema. The severity of the eczema is very variable, but the vast majority grow out of the eczema by the time they reach 15 years of age. This tends to be a persistent problem and needs to be managed on a regular basis.
The most important factor to keep in mind is to use a gentle soap and a pH neutral moisturiser all over the body. The soap and moisturiser needs to be continued for years and the dermatologist may prescribe a steroid or anti-inflammatory creams for brief periods during a flare up.