Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G.n. RavindranathYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my name is sorabh joshi I have loose motion problem last two nights I am 37 year old man what should I do please tell me doctor.
My age is 25. I started masturbation when I was 13. I am a frequent masturbate due to which I have erectile dysfunction problem. But from past 1 month I stop masturbating but now I am facing nightfall problems. And the most severe is that semen is leaking with urine when I go for poty and exert pressure. Due to this I feel my legs r weak now. They continuously pain. But last night my left testicle start paining and pain goes downwards to the left leg. I want this semen leakage solution first. I am afraid. Why it is leaking? Tell me Homeopathic medicine pls.
I am suffering from fever. Sometimes it comes in night. At that time temperature approximately 102. But in morning it's normal. It's happening with me for last week.
I am 22 years old. I have barrettes oesophagus. I am taking nexium 40 for the last 5 months. Will I have to take nexium for a long time? Because it has many side effects.
I sweat a lot especially in summer. I sweat more than my friends. People say that I have bathe in sweat. What should I do. I do not like it.
Oftenly suffering from headache, actually I am suffering from sinus and used medicines for that is that the reason for headache, or anything else, if so please give the suggestions.
Dear sir I am 38 Y old I have skin allergy frequently I am user ointment temporarily it will solve. After 10 to 15 again it will came. Please give solution for that ASAP.
My Daughter's age is now 2 years 10 months. She has a small pimple in Belly. When she will crying it is appear. My Child specialist told its Called Hernia. Now it is preliminary stage. Doctor says when she will young automatically she is being cured from Hernia. Is it wright or wrong? Surgery is needed or not?
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non absorbable stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches heal quickly and are easy to remove. Non absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches are applied on layers which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infections.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see your doctor?
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek for a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If unfortunately you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Sir I have problem in my sperm. Because it is make only 2 or 3 drop. Is it very big problem? Suggest me how to increase it. I have no problem in sex but sperm is very less contains.
She is having pain in urinary bladder and her stomach is getting bigger . She is feeling like she need to pee but nothing comes out . What can we do now please help.
I am 35 years old and a diabetic. My fore hands and fore feet are getting numb some times. I work in night shifts and have hand and leg pains. Is this due to diabetes or some thing else. What should I do for better health. To whom should I concern.
I hv sex problem when I see my girlfriend immediately my spam coming out I'm unable to do sex I'm 25 year old.
I am 42 yr old. my random blood sugar level was detected (today) at 223 mg/dl, my weight is 90 kgs and I am 5 ft &. 61/2 ( inches ) tall. I feel hungry more often and tend to eat more generally. I drink once in a week ( around 120 ml) and eat sweets also. I am experiencing vision haziness sometime. Though I walk / exercise but not regularly, please guide and help me. Should I start taking medicines
Exercise for perfect arm and which type of diet or food include to get perfect arm?(with the help of two dumbbell.
It has been espoused in common knowledge that when you have inttercourse with your partner, it makes both of you feel happier, satisfied and contented. This helps bring you closer to each other and results in a stronger and better relationship. Sexual activities have a direct connection to your psychological well-being. However, the number of times you have sex isn’t as important as the quality of the time you spend with your partner.
Stressed out on sex!
Due to modern lifestyle and stress, young couples are increasingly finding it difficult to hit the bed together, thus putting sex on the backburner. Research states most young couples now consider sex as secondary, mechanical and monotonous, which can be kept for a later time. But that is not the sign of normalcy. You don’t need to do it daily, but 2 or 3 times a week is beneficial for a healthy body, mind, and relationship.
Some of the benefits of having regular sex
- Sex releases endorphins hormone which reduces stress and also lets you experience euphoria. This makes you feel satisfied and happy during the act and in general with your life.
- It is directly related to promoting attractiveness. During sexual intercourse, the body releases pheromones which make you look more attractive to other people.
- If you experience orgasms during the activity, you are most likely to have an enhanced life span due to the promotion of better circulation within the body.
- Sex acts as an excellent pain reliever due to the release of endorphins.
- Sex also helps you to have better control of your bladder by working out the muscles during an orgasm.
- It has also been shown to lower the risk of prostate cancer in men.
How much is too much?
These are just a few of the reasons sexologists and health care experts advise you to have intercourse often, at least twice weekly. You don’t need to do it regularly, as over indulgence will have negative effects too. It could also signal the start of problems with sexual addiction. Some of the negative effects of too much sex could be:
- It will lead to a detrimental effect on your sexual activity. You will find it difficult to get aroused often.
- You experience cramps on your body.
- You can experience difficulties in your bowel and urinary functions.
- You would be constantly distracted by the thoughts of sex which could lead to sex addiction.
It is best to stay within a limit, have fun with your partner twice or thrice a week and enjoy the health and psychological benefits of this natural marvel. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.