Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G.n. AnandakrishnaYour feedback matters!
How to whiten teeth. My teeth is in yellow in colour. Nly front 2 teths r yellow in color. Remaining all good.
I have bad breathe. Even if I brush my teeth daily. What should I eat to avoid bad breathe? And what is the permanent solution of this problem? please help me. My age: 12+
I have a bleeding in my teeth while brushing every day and my teeth colour is in yellow. What treatment should I get to get my teeth in white colour and to stop bleeding while brushing.
Hello I am 18 year old male and form 2 weeks my right side jaw is paining and if I tried to open or to eat by opening it more then it starts paining Please help me
Am 20 years old n I keep getting mouth ulcers very frequently and the pain becomes severe so please suggest me some remedies.
My teeth is getting yellow day by day. Do not know how to get rid of it. I brush twice a day with Colgate. At times I get a yellow patch inside my mouth near tonsil area, it vanishes in a few days. Some I said me to use baking soda with lemon on my teeth, does it harm the teeth. Kindly guide me what to do.
I am 23 years old. I have Gum bleeding problem last 2 years. And also I have stomach pain on those time. What should I do.
Hi mam Good morning. I am 29 years old. My upper fronts teeth are not in well shape. These are bigger than normal size and got growth in out side. So I want to get it in well structure. Is is possible? If possible then, how much time and cost it will take. Please advise me. I will be thankful for this. Regards Pawan.
Got a late night sugar craving that just won't quit? to satisfy your sweet tooth without pushing yourself over the calories edge even in the late night hours, think fruits first. So resist that chocolate, cake siren and instead enjoy a sliced apple with a tablespoon of but butter or fresh fig halves spread without with ricotta.
My daughter is 6 yrs old undergone procedure for teeth extraction yesterday today she has back neck ache please advice us why is it so?
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.