Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. G.laxmi NaryanYour feedback matters!
Hi Brain haemorrhage happen with 70 years old mother. Already operated 20 days before. How much time more took for recovery.
I am 54 year old female. I am suffering from numbness in the legs and my anklets are swollen. Please answer.
I have migraine pain over a 3 years I can't unable to overcome from this problem. I reach many doctors. Kindly help me.
I am 26 year old man I have numbness and burning sensation in my right part of the body. I am business man so lot tense in my daily life. Due this problem my sleep get disturb .i feel tired all day. From last 2 years. So please tell me how to get relief.
I am 19 years old, female, and I had suffered from insomnia from the age of 12 or so. It went on for few years but I could manage sufficient sleep from the time I've been 17. Lately, I haven't been able to sleep at all again. Like sleepless nights and days for 4-5 days straight and then when I do happen to fall asleep after 4 days, it only lasts for 2-3 hours max. I've been having mood swings and frustration for no reason and well my surrounding and people are around me are getting affected by this behaviour. I even work out and exercise, go for an hour long run but I feel active for the rest of the day and night again. Is there possibility for this to reoccur? And I also get nightmares if I happen to fall asleep. It's getting difficult to manage with this kind of mood again. Kindly please advice how can I stop this from reoccurring.
My mom is 47 year old. She is suffering neck and arm pain for 2 years. We go neurology and orthopedic doctors and take their medicine but his pain is not complete fine than I go a neuro ortho physiotherapist and the neck paim is solve but the shoulder pain is same. Please give me a medicine name for shoulder pain.
June is known as the Brain Tumour Month worldwide. It’s worthwhile to raise public awareness and educate people about brain tumour, a disease which, though is rare is but can be really deadly. More than 500 new cases are diagnosed with brain tumour every day worldwide. The number of patients with secondary tumours are even higher than 500. However, it is common across all ages. A primary brain tumour is a tumour that begins in the brain. It can be either malignant, which means it contains cancer cells or benign i.e. does not contain cancer cells. A secondary or metastatic brain tumour is usually cancerous. It starts elsewhere in the body and sends cancerous cells which grow in the brain.
Here are a few facts that each one of us should know about this dangerous disease
- Brain tumours can occur at any age.
- We don’t know what causes brain tumors. Family history and high dose radiation like X-rays increases your risk.
- Doctors group brain tumors by grade which means the way the brain cells look under a microscope. A higher grade number means the cells appear more abnormal and the more aggressively the tumour usually behaves.
- Brain tumors are graded as grade I, grade II, or grade III, or grade IV.
The symptoms of brain tumour depend on the size, type, and location of the brain tumour. Some common symptoms which should not be ignored are-
- Problems with vision
- Mental and personality changes
- Balance problems and trouble walking
- Problems in speaking
Brain tumours are diagnosed by the doctor based on the medical history and physical examination along with a slew of specialized tests of the brain and nervous system.
- Radiation therapy
- Anti-seizure medicines
- Ventricular peritoneal shunt
- Combination of treatments
How can you safeguard yourself?
The primary tool to prevent brain tumours is by controlling your lifestyle. This means eating healthy, exercising, avoiding known carcinogens in your environment, and reducing stress.
- Sleep: Sleep is a friend for brain health. An adequate amount of rest with eyes shut keeps your brain health.
- Frankincense oil: Along with yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises to reduce stress, inhaling frankincense oil can help alleviate inflammation in the brain.
- Anti cancer diet: Consuming a diet rich in cancer-fighting nutrients like antioxidants is critical in preventing brain tumors.
- Ketogenic diet: A ketogenic diet is a high protein diet. It reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain which is associated with brain tumours. It also shuts down the nutrient supply to tumors.
- Calorie restriction: Dietary restriction, especially fasting has anti-carcinogenic properties just as the ketogenic diet.
- Limit exposure to mobile phones: Cell phones use increases risk for brain tumours. So restriction prevents these tumours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
My father screams very badly in night dreams. He shivers that particular time and shouts, sometimes cries, sometimes angry. And when we try to wake him he starts running like someone is going to hurt him. Its very frequent .unable to understand the reason behind it, because he could not recollect anything as what is saw in dream. .kindly suggest a solution for this problem. I will be very thankful.
I am 25 years old. I have acute migraine. I often use homeopathy and allopathy but it remains the same. Please let me know the best medication.
I am getting pain in my neck and back of head. I would like to know what are the symptoms of migraine so that I can relate to it and take precautions.
I have a severe migraine problem and the duration of the pain 15 to 20 days. Though I have consulted a doctor at chennai the doctor gave me six month course of tablet and a pain relief tablet Naxdom 500 in 2014 but recently it is not working .what should I do to which Dr. Should I consult.
Hi, I am suffering from Parkinson (kampavata) from last 9 years and on medication/ taking allopathy medicines. I also took Ayurveda medicines for few months but not get any relief. My ayurvedic doctor/vaid said if I take ayurvedic medicines along with allopathy medicines and the progression of the disease can be certainly controlled with the help of ayurvedic.Medicines. I am having lot of problem in balancing.Please suggest me should I go for ayurvedic medicines alongwith allopathy medicines. Thanks.
My father aged 68 years suffering from paralysis stroke since 15 year's still he can't walk without others support, his right side body portion is stiff, not able to bend, please advice me what to do.?
Hello, I am bothered from the problems .I have migraine daily and stomach problems like acidity GASTRO ENTERITIS. So what can I do for this.
I am suffering from back bone pain, through this I can't able to sit and walk, my foot fingers are senseless, I can't able to lift not even ten kg of weight. Please help me as early as possible.
My right goes numb with a terrible tingling sensation. I hv a T4T5 spine problem. A minor type of slip disc. Taken plenty of medication but no relief. What else can I do
Hi sir, My father is suffering from paralysis. It's been 1.6 years from last 3 months he is screaming whole day.
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.