Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G.Lakshminarayanan
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G.LakshminarayananYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of migraine and dengue and what precautions should b taken to avoid this and be safe.
My son (8yrs) is under medication for seizures since birth. From birth to 5 yrs he was under sodium valporate. However seizures were minimal during that period. Later he had mild seizure for which doctor recommended epilex chrono 200. But seizures continued and he was given epilex chrono 300. For few months he did not have seizures. After he had got once again seizures (for about 1 minute but aware about the things around and does not fall off) he was suggested to give epilex chrono 300 + livipil 250 (morning & night) during night frisium 5mg along with regular tablets. Even after taking higher dose his seizures seem to continue and more than earlier (more than 1 minute and falls off).
Migraines are characteristically throbbing, intrusive and sometimes, prolonged headache accompanied by sensitivity to sound and light and the feeling of nausea. They are fairly common and usually treatable with home remedies and allopathic drugs. The word migraine has been derived from another word ‘hemicranias’ which means one sided headache. Headaches resulting from migraines tend to occur in episodes rather than being regular. Additionally, the intensity of a migraine will also vary with some attacks being very severe while other attacks will be a lot more moderate.
The pain is often accompanied by nausea or vomiting. Homeopathy may play an efficient role in the treatment of migraines. Homeopathic medicines are prescribed based on the type, duration and intensity of the migraine attacks and are most often helpful in their treatment.
Homeopathy aims to cure the headache from its very root without attracting side effects. Some of the common homeopathic medicines include:
- Belladonna: This is one of the most common homeopathic drugs prescribed for migraines. This medicine aims to cure the throbbing character of the migraine in the temporal region, which is further induced by light and sound.
- Spigelia: This is useful to treat headaches arising from the left hemisphere of the brain that is fairly common among individuals experiencing migraines. Additionally, there would be an occurrence of severe pain in the eyeballs which might be worsened by excess movement of the eyes.
- Glonoinum: This medicine works fairly well with congestive headaches which are accompanied by a constant feeling of blood rushing to the head. You might also feel shocks in your head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is prescribed in case of headaches that form from the back of the skull and settle prominently in the right hemisphere of the skull. The eyes also tend to throb; another symptom that is remedied by the use of this medicine.
- Natrum Muriaticum: this is usually prescribed to women who complain of their migraines worsening during their menses. The headaches can be accompanied by temporary loss of vision.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 31 year female. I have female type of baldness. Now I was going under treatment to recover my hairs (6 months). My doctor suggests me for prp. I had old history of epilepsy (20 years). I took medicine nearly 15 years. Last 5 years I was not taking any medicine. Is it good to go prp treatment?
A slipped disc is a condition which is characterized by a damaged disc in your spinal cord. The disc is a soft substance present in the spinal cord that cushions the vertebra in the spine. A slipped disc occurs when the soft substance in the disk pops out causing pain in the area.
There are various preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent a slipped disc from occurring; they are
- Keep a check on weight: Being overweight increases the risk of a slipped disc as the pressure on the lower back will be immense. In order to reduce the pressure, maintain optimal levels of bodyweight.
- Exercise regularly: Do strength training exercises such as the plank and squats to strengthen the core muscles. This helps in strengthening your lower back strong and prevents slipped disc from occurring.
- Maintain a good form while exercising or lifting anything heavy: If you are exercising or simply lifting something heavy, make sure to keep your lower back straight. Lifting heavy weights without proper form may lead to slipped disc as the spine may not be able to bear the stress.
- Quit smoking: It is advised to quit smoking as smoking impairs the ability of the disc to absorb nutrients and thus, prevents it from remaining healthy. It may also cause the discs to become brittle and dry.
- Maintain a good posture: Remember to keep an uptight posture while walking; keep the spine straight to prevent slouching. Maintain a proper neutral posture while sitting as well. Hunching over your desk while working with your computer may also cause problems in your spine.
- Do not sit for prolonged periods: Sitting for extended periods of time may cause problems in your lower back and posture. It may weaken the lower back muscles and lead to complications such as a slipped disc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.