Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
What is the symptoms of brain tumor. I have headache twice in a weak and when I join gym them the problem of headache is gone please tell me what am l do.
Helo, i'd like to ask to you about something that really has been stressing me out and having nightmares about it. Recently I went to a trip to Baku, I had sex with an escort unfortunately but she had A HEALTh CARD so at first I was using a condom but last 5 minutes I took it off, She seemed really clean but am just really worried if I caught HIV, There were no symptoms showing too, I ran over HIV TOPICS recently and thoughts started to storm in my brain, It really causing me to stress and can't stop thinking.
Is it essential to remove pancreas if its complaint? can we withstand even if there is no pancreas? which are the pancreatic secretions? how can we avoid this disease?
I am very aretate on our head daily head pain is on but just half head are pain can you solution of this bimari.
Hlo sir. He has dizziness problem while he stands from sitting position for 5 minutes after that ok. Wt to do?
I am 35yr old male having constipation problem since last one year. I have been facing sevour cutting pain with bloody stool while going toilet for the last one month. What should I do?
I am having too much pain in temporal, occipital and parietal side in head not in whole head only in this side please suggest me why it is happen and what should I do?
I'm 26 year old. I have erectile dysfunction problem. I have already gotten testrone test. Its normal. I'm totly depend on viagra. please give bst solution.
Ringworm is a skin condition that is caused by certain kinds of fungi. It causes severe itching and is mainly found around the scalp and feet. This contagious skin condition can also occur as athlete's foot. The symptoms include red, itchy and scaly patches on the affected areas. These patches may also develop blisters and develop crusted red edges, giving it the appearance of a ring. These patches are usually raised or defined. There are many myths and facts surrounding ringworm. Let us find out more about them.
- Causes: It is a common myth that this skin condition is caused by a worm. This is not true. This fungal skin infection is caused by fungi known as dermatophytes, which can cause a crusty and red patch on the skin. Ringworm is actually the name given to a class of skin ailments and infections caused on the scalp, feet and other parts of the body.
- Treatment: Another common myth is that this skin infection will clear up on its own. This is not true either. One will have to start treatment of the condition with the help of proper diagnosis, which can be done by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Not treating this condition on time with topical ointments can lead to a spread of the condition where it can affect other parts of the body. This condition can also lead to other symptoms like hair loss. It can also become a permanent issue if not treated on time and with proper medical intervention.
- Over the Counter Medication: Many people think that using over the counter antifungal creams can help in treating this condition effectively. This is part myth and part fact. One will have to visit the doctor in case the condition does not clear up on time with the use of such topical ointments. The creams should typically be prescribed by a skin specialist after due diagnosis of the problem so that it suits your individual symptoms and condition. Further, these creams should usually be prescribed for a period of at least four to six weeks so that the treatment is effective.
- Contagious: It is a myth that ringworm is not a contagious skin disease. The fact is that this skin ailment is a highly contagious one, that can happen even when there is contact with an infected animal. There are 50% chances of contracting this condition with mere touch that can happen with an infected animal or person.
- Barber's Itch: This is not a form of lice, as many people believe. This is a form of ringworm that can be found in the beard with symptoms like itching as well as swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.