Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. G.K PrakashYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am 31 years old My scan report says" small calculus measuring -4mm seen in middle calyx" in left kidney. Also Fatty lever grade I. Please suggest.
I am 16 years old boy and I have protein loss in my urine since the age 3. Doctor told this is due to kindey's dysfunction. I was under medication till I was 10. Later I recovered it and doctor had stop giving me medications. For past three months I going very lean. I am 168cm tall but I weigh only 45kg. Later when my urine test was done I found my creatine level in urine was 269.1 mg/dl. But now it is coming down to a normal rate. I am energetic sometime n dull some times. What does this mean? Will I be able to build a healthy muscled body? I am vegetarian. What should I eat to increase my weight n muscles? Going to gym will help me?
Hi My husband is facing so much trouble while urinating that it's coming drop by drop and paining so much burning also. He was hospitalized in October last year for urinal infection creatine level had gone to 5.5 He is taking medicines for high bp and diabetics for last 15 years his age is 65 years. He is taking medicine for enlarge prostate glands for last 10 years. Last 10 days he is facing this problem severely Urologist has given silodal D 8 one time What should I do for his pain relief.
I am 22 female .I have some problem that I can't control toilet for too long .even now a days my parents were saying that they are getting bad smell from me .I don't know why but I am completely okay with out urination feeling at least. How would this happen? What should I do for this problem?
From past 2 years I am suffering from kidney pain. I have consulted specialist but till now I didn't get any solution. What kind of medicines should be taken in savior pain times.
Doctor give me treatment to semen leakage after urination due to excessive masturbation? Please advise.
I have a kidney stone of 7 mm as suggested by doctor I am 22 years old and I am getting heavy pains from few days. Doctor suggested for surgery URSL. Can I go for surgery or it can be resolved in any other way?
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be:
- Urinary tract infection is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.