Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. G K PrakashYour feedback matters!
How do you define FDC in Diabetes medicine like Trimetaday 1, prolomet xl 50 for BP and in Heart medicine like Novastat 20 which I had been taking after heart stent 2 years back. Kindly elaborate and help. Regards.
1. What is the best ayurvedic medicine to control diabetes effectively? 2. How many meals do a diabetic patient need to have in a day?
I am 32 years old and suffering from Diabetic last two years and doctor prescribed me a Azulix 2 MF tab. Twice a day. But My sugar range approx. 120/160 after taking tablet. Suggest me a complete diet plan and need to change tab. Give the name of medicine.
You may develop a form of diabetes during pregnancy, which is known as gestational diabetes. The condition usually goes away after childbirth. During pregnancy, hormonal changes within the body may cause the blood sugar level to rise. This condition affects the developing fetus as well, as the baby receives nutrients from your blood. The baby may store the extra sugar as fat and may grow unusually large.
How gestational diabetes affects the baby
Owing to the abnormally large size, the baby may be at risk of facing several complications, if you have gestational diabetes. Your baby may be affected in the following ways:
1. There may be injuries during birth due to the large size.
2. Low blood sugar level and mineral level during birth.
3. Jaundice, which is a condition which turns the skin to yellow.
4. The baby may be born prematurely.
5. Breathing problems which are temporary.
6. The baby will be at a higher risk of obesity later in life.
How gestational diabetes affects the mother
The chances of several pregnancy complications get enhanced due to gestational diabetes. The possible risks are as follows:
1. Chances of undergoing a C-section
2. Chances of miscarriage
3. High blood pressure.
4. Pre-term birth
5. After giving birth, the mother has high chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
How to manage gestational diabetes?
You can follow several tips and must undergo lifestyle changes for keeping your diabetes in control. These include the following:
1. You should have a healthy diet with reduced amount of carbohydrates as they cause the sugar level to increase. You must abstain from high sugar food items.
2. Regular physical exercise is essential for the management of sugar levels. You should work out for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Regular health check-ups are very important, especially for your baby after birth. These may include ultrasounds and nonstress tests.
4. Prescribed medication such as insulin and several others help in the management of blood sugar levels.
5. You must observe your blood sugar level properly. You should take a blood sugar test many times a day.
6. You should always watch your symptoms for any sign of blood sugar during pregnancy.
In case you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you must consult a doctor immediately. Managing this condition at an early stage will prevent your baby from being affected in several ways. The condition can be successfully managed and majority of women with gestational diabetes have regular vaginal births and produce healthy babies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had my Thyroid TSH: 8.9 on June, after taken medicine it is been reduced to below normal range 0.01 on July. I had stopped to take my Thyroid medicine. But what else I need to do for my TSH ? Shall I need to take any medicine again to make it in normal range ?
Hi, I am 26 years old. I have hypothyroidism problem. My hypothyroidism range is b/w 5 to 16. This problem is from last one year. So which range thyroxine tabs for lifetime. And tongue is dry also. So please any one suggest.
My mother had diabetics and now I am aged 58 years, I am walking briskly for 5 km daily and I am not having cholosterol, what is my changes of having diabetes ?
I'm 29 years old and Im underweight. Just 40 kgs. I'm really worried to gain weight. I had gone through thyroid test too but it's ve. I don't find any reason for my low weight. Please suggest some solution.
My HbA1c is is 7.5 (HPLC) and average blood sugar is 169 mg/dl Please let me know the if I am diabetic. My RBS fasting is 160 and post lunch is 220.
What are the most preferred Hospitals where Cystectomy of High Grade Urethral Carcinoma can be performed on a diabetic, hypothyroidism 74 years male having undergone by pass surgery of heart in April 2014 , and what will be approximate expanses including post operation radiotherapy/chemotherapy.
I am 58 years of old and diabetic II patient. Is there any Ayurveda medicine for this. If yes, mention the name of medicine and their taking formula please.
I am a diabetic for the last 28 years. Present sugar levels are 110 fasting and 170 post lunch after 2 hours of lunch. Erection problem. My age is 65 years male.
Sir, I had sugar (diabetes) my age is 53, our doctor said that sugar is in bones & brain less in blood, and my glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1C: 8.2 % & I'm taking ENDOGLIM M2 500 ,1/2 morning & evening and also I had HDL Cholesterol :28 mg/dl. Please suggest any more medicines or any exercise and diet, if required.
My father is 67 years . He is having sugar. He is suffering from tooth cavities, can he extract the tooth ? We are scared because of sugar. Pls advise.
अगर बच्चे और जवान शुरूआत से घूमना walking चालू कर दे तो उसे बाद में diabetes डायबिटीज होने का खतरा 50% तक कम हो जाता है,
So keep walking everyday.