Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. G.D.NayakYour feedback matters!
I am 32 year old male suffering from severe acidity since a long. I am taking medicine like rentake. Recoolplus etc. Only after take medicine I am able to it. So can you give me proper way to resolve.
Constant buzzing sensation in the ears, have consulted doctors, both local and an ear specialist. What can possibly be a solution? Hoping to get a reply soon. Thank you.
What are the symptoms of AIDS and how to prevent anyone from aids. What actions shall we take to be on a safer side. Please advise.
Hi docs. Special hi to my fav doc Sharmila Madam. As I am 25 years old young guy with good personality n average looks i'm very much disturbed in my sex life i.e in taking pleasures by masturbating from many years but with my limit say may be once o twice in a month. But now I have got a very bad n erotic urge of desperately having sexual intercourse o making good physical relationships mostly with married women rather thn young girls. .to be frank I am very much disturbed and tempted by looking at married women in series and also I love to make physical interactions with them so pls kindly suggest me some good tips for this and also to overcome by this. .Thank You.
I am not feeling well suffering from illness and I have so stomach pain and my arms all body not feel energetic please suggest me what should I do?
I am of about 60 years old and diabetic for last 30 years. Now I feel strain on left leg and takig Evion 400 daily twice. Can I continue the same till I find recovery? Any side effect?
I want to have unprotected sex with my partner. But do not want pregnancy. So when is the right time when we both have sex without using any contraception.
Helo doc. I tried to stop masturbation as I am addicted to it but still I am not yet able to stop it. Seems too difficult and impossible and also facing health problems now like tiredness also hip joint pain (pls comment on this) which is causes trouble in sitting in the office. Alos headache and neck pain etc all are coming thru jst in the age of 24. Pls guide as living with friends and working in a MNC so no proper diet no proper office timings.
After masterbuat I'm getting pain in upper right side of stomach what to do can't understanding please help me.
How can I improve my digestion system? Because I think I don't even eat too heavy diet but I have glutton how?
One month ago I have to b12 deficiency I have complete course 0f b12 supplement 10 injections Bus stil some time I have pain in my nerve as well as I have pain in my left hand and I have also pain in left side upper chest. And I have stomach problem also. I am getting to tire when I use staircase my age is 27 and my bmi is 29 I am over weight What is going with me I don't understand.
Hello sir I have one question I am just 22 years but I hve low stamina is sex and my pines get small like 4.5inc pls can you tell how to grow my stamina and inch.
My penis tip is not opened as generally an adult have. I am married and I have problem with sexual intercourse. But my doctor advised me to try to open the skin otherwise it may lead to serious problem. Should I abide by him. What problems may occur? What are the possible remedies for this problem?
The famous adage “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” has given apples a lot of popularity. If you are visiting someone who is ill, the safest fruit to take would be apples. It is also one of the first foods to be given to an infant. It is also known for its soothing effect on the stomach. Be it weight watchers or recovering patients, apple is what everybody reaches out to.
People, however, have developed a misconception that the peel of the apple contains chemicals and should be peeled off before consumption. Not many realize that the maximum benefits of an apple are realized only when it is eaten with the peel.
Read on to know more about eating a whole apple versus a peeled one.
- Fiber: If fruits are known for their fiber, then peeling the apple takes away more than half the fiber content from it. An apple with peel gives about 4 g of fiber, while without it gives about 1.5 to 2 g. That is almost 50%, which definitely is not worth throwing out.
- Vitamins and minerals: Apples are considered good sources of potassium and vitamins like C and A. Same as fiber, more than half the benefits are lost if the peel is removed. Since potassium goes a long way in keeping the heart healthy, wouldn't it be great to reap those benefits?
- Cancer-fighting agent: Apples contain triterpenoids, which are believed to either kill or control the growth of cancer cells. These again are concentrated in the peel, and peeling an apple takes away this benefit.
- Fat burner: The skin of the apple contains ursolic acid, which helps in fighting obesity by burning more fat, and peeling it takes away the fat-burning benefits of an apple. This also helps in improving sugar and glucose levels and also aids weight loss.
- Antioxidants: Apples contain a compound called quercetin which helps in controlling memory loss and dementia. This again is concentrated in the skin, which should, therefore, be retained. The bioactive substances including polyphenols and pectins are also lost when the peel is removed.
- Eases breathing: The same quercetin also helps in easing breathing and improves lung function. This is especially important in people who have chronic lung issues like asthma.
One point of contention here is that most people peel the apple as it is not healthy and full of wax coating which gives it a fresh look. Organic apples are therefore preferred compared to the glossy ones. Further, you can dip your fruits in drinking water for 15-20 minutes to enjoy it without worrying about superficial add-on chemicals. When nicely washed, these apples are devoid of wax and also pack in all the required nutrients.
Quick tip for festivals
Try to have a fruit smoothie made especially from unpeeled apple with little curd water and honey, avoid banana. It is a perfect way to boost your energy during festivities while keeping your calories in check. So, go ahead and eat them to your heart’s content. Remember to keep the peel on though! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.