Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. FlemingsonYour feedback matters!
When I wake up in the morning, my breath smells so bad. I went to dentist and he said your teeth are ok, it can be due to stomach problem, please help me what should I do?
Diagnose root cause of your pain at an early stage because improperly diagnose & treated pain can create lot of problems in future.
Hi I'm 26 Years old? I'm smoking from 2years and from 10days I stopped it, but I have a doubt I'm having cancer as through because while I'm brushing my teeth I spilt with blood several times, what should I do to recover from this?
I am suffering from pharyngitis. N I am allergic to antibiotics (specially to septran medicine). Please suggest me some medicine and any precautions. Thank you.
Hi doc there are these two lumps in my month on my cheeks both parallel to each other and 2 white patches as well I can feel them with my tongue a little rougher than the rest of my cheek It's been a week and it's still the same just a little faded I had some has a day before and I used to smoke so i'm scared if that's because of it I tried to google it. It says it could be an early stage of cancer i'm scared.
I am frequently suffering from Mouth Ulcer, take any treatment, ulcer cures only after 1 week. What is the best treatment for ulcer to cure early and what precautions I should take to avoid in future.
I can not feel any taste. I eat lots of chilly and spicy food but I can not feel any of those taste and all I feel is the the taste of lemon. I only feel the sour taste and a bit of sweet taste that's all. Whats wrong with me?
My son 6 years old got cavity in left and right. I consulted a dentist. He advised me to go for root canal. Is it right?
I am 24 year male suffering from halitosis for the past 4 years. I consulted a dentist he said my oral health is good. Even tried THERE AFTER toothpaste . But it is of no use. Kindly suggest me.
I am 22 years old male and im staying in rural areas and here fluoride water only get thats the reason my going yellow color please help me. And suggest me some tooth paste, and tablets.
I have pain in my mouth for 3 days. And it is growing more and more. What should I do to get relief from it?
I heard that Root canal treatment is a painful one. Can it be done in one sitting? Is there any alternative for Root canal treatment?
I have a severe tooth pain Dr. had advised Ketorol dt tables 2 each but that doesn't make any difference even had combiflam tablet need to sleep any which way have got an appointment tomorrow please help & advice for a pleasant sleep.
I have been chewing tobacco since the last 15 years. I can't open my mouth more than an inch. Please could you suggest some medicine. Thanks.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.