Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Firdous GhousiaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm 29 years old and I feel my gums near to teeth are quite weak since when I brush it start bleeding, when I spit in the morning the saliva also use to be carrying blood which I suppose from the gums - Please let me know proper solution since I'm facing this from long time and whether this require to be analysed by Dentist?
My teeth is becoming yellow and not cleaning properly. Some advice please to get rid out of this problem.
I have teeth pain in morning when I was brushing and gurgling I got sever teeth pain wht should I do to get ride of teeth pain.
Hello sir, from last many a days I am suffering from teeth pain problem. Please suggest me some remedy to cope up from this.
Sir my mom cannot eat something cold or hot even sometimes air create pain in her teeth but not suffering from cavity she consult some doctors here but not get relief
I have my wisdom tooth growing and my gums are paining a lot. What should I do to get rid of this problem?
Smoking is a phenomenon where the smoke emanated from a burning substance, usually tobacco, is inhaled. Smoking is a major cause for multiple diseases such as lung cancer, mouth cancer, blood pressure disorders etc.
Smoking tends to limit the capabilities of the immune system and this makes it easier for various diseases to affect the body. Smoking can lead to problems in the teeth where the gum tissues that attach the bone with the teeth are affected. This may cause the blood flow to the gums to be impaired and affect the functioning of the teeth.
The changes that the teeth undergo due to smoking are -
1. It may increase teeth sensitivity.
2. Smoking causes the teeth to be pulled away from the gums.
3. It can result in swollen and bleeding gums.
4. It may cause pain while chewing food.
5. Bone loss around the jawline occurs in smokers.
6. It can result in stained teeth and bad breath.
Disorders related to the teeth caused by smoking
There are various disorders of the teeth which are directly linked to smoking, they are -
- Mouth cancer - in this condition tumors are formed in the mouth
- It can cause plaque to accumulate in the teeth
- It may cause gum disease that can result in tooth loss
- It may interfere with healing period of any dental treatment
- It reduces the success rates of teeth implants
- Sweeteners present in the tobacco can also cause tooth decay
The effects of smoking on the tooth can be minimized by avoiding smoking altogether. Apart from that, following proper dental hygiene such regular brushing and flossing of the teeth will keep the teeth healthy. Avoiding smoking also reduces chances of lesion leukoplakia (white patches near teeth and gums).
Related Tip: 7 Dangerous Changes that Smoking Causes to Your SKIN
We all look at pictures of our favorite celebrities and long to have that perfect while smile showing off well-aligned teeth. However, due to various reasons, our teeth do not seem to be like theirs. Some of the reasons for the not-so-white teeth include:
- Food habits like excessive cola, coffee, tea
- Tobacco chewing and smoking
- Fluoride deposits seen in people in which the community water has excessive fluoride content
- Side effect of medications like tetracyclines.
However, with teeth achieving major cosmetic value, a lot of developments have happened and now a set of white pearls need not just be a dream. Whether it is just one tooth which is oddly colored or the entire set has taken on a darker shade, teeth whitening procedure comes to the rescue. It is well within the reach of most people, with options that can be managed both in the office and at the convenience of your homes.
Whatever the technique, the basic chemical is the same, hydrogen peroxide, which is a well-known bleaching agent. This works very well on extrinsic stains and may take repeated visits to the dentist to whiten teeth with intrinsic stains like fluorosis.
Things to remember:
Before going ahead with teeth whitening, the dentist will inform you that:
- Cavities need to be treated before teeth can be whitened
- Receded gums need to be treated before teeth whitening
- Any crown work that is pending should be done before the teeth whitening can be done.
Once all the above mentioned things have been take care of, the next step is to clean the teeth completely. This cleaning will ensure that your teeth are free of bacteria and other deposits. The patient's impressions are then taken to make customized trays.
The dentist will provide you with a kit, which contains the trays and the bleaching material. The material should be applied on to the trays, left in place in the mouth to produce the bleaching effect. This may need to be repeated for about 2 to 3 weeks.
Whitening can be done on vital teeth or on non-vital teeth-
- Vital teeth are usually bleached in the clinic, where the bleaching agent is applied on the tooth. It is then activated by a laser light to produce the active chemical that whitens the teeth. If the staining is excessive, then in-house vital tooth whitening may be followed by a couple of home applications.
- Non-vital teeth: Teeth which are root canal treated turn brown over a period of time. Whitening these root canal treated teeth is known as non-vital tooth whitening.
So, if you are not happy with your set of teeth, there is always a solution – get them whitened and see your smile broaden.