Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Fiona SequeiraYour feedback matters!
What is nail psoriasis?
Nail psoriasis is a skin condition which directly affects the nails on your fingers and your toes. This disease results in changes in the overall look and appearance of the nails. The condition usually involves a change in the shape, size, color and texture of your nails and the nails also, might feel tender and hurt.
The most common signs to identify a nail psoriasis condition are enlisted below.
- Color- The nail color may turn into yellow, green or brown. You may also have red or white spots beneath the nail on the skin
- Debris buildup- This refers to a potentially painful condition which involves accumulation of a white, powdery material beneath and on the sides of nails
- Separation- This means that the nail is uprooted from the skin bed on your fingers and toes. This leads to immense pain and discomfort and it might also obstruct with your day to day activities.
- Thickening- Thickening of the nail happens when there is a fungal infection along with a nail psoriasis condition. This leads to the brittleness and breaking of the nails.
Some of the common measures to avoid a nail psoriasis condition are as follows.
- Keep your nails short, well-trimmed and shaped
- Wear shoes that are easy on the toes
- Keep the nail edges smooth using nail filer
- Moisturize your nails well on a daily basis
- Wear gloves while doing activities like cleaning or washing
The most common treatment for nail psoriasis is phototherapy, which involves the use ultraviolet light rays to address the condition. The therapy usually takes place in a doctor's clinic or a hospital. Additionally, some of the systematic medications used to treat the condition are methotrexate, acitretin and cyclosporine.