Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Fiona SequeiraYour feedback matters!
In the era of information overload, the internet is filled with thousands of beauty advices, most of which tend to do you more harm than good. It is extremely essential to do a thorough and reliable research about the pros and cons of a beauty tip that you intend to utilize.
The following are some of the most common beauty myths that have been passed down through generations:
- Myth- Shaving makes your hair grow back thicker: You must have heard a number of times that shaving tends to make your hair grow back coarser, thicker and darker. Scientific evidence proves this notion as a myth; it states that shaving neither affects the rate of your hair thickness nor its growth. Hair shafts are often thicker than the hair ends, which makes them appear thicker.
- Myth- Toothpaste aids in getting rid of pimples: Applying toothpaste on pimples is among such beauty remedies that have been doing rounds for a long time. Application of toothpaste on a pimple tends to dry your skin and irritates it. Instead of using toothpaste on pimples, it is advisable to utilize medications, which contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid and are designed to treat pimples.
- Myth- Trim you hair to make it grow faster: It is one of the most common beauty myths that everyone is aware of. Hair does not grow from its end; it grows from its root. The appearances of split ends arise due to severe hair damage, which slowly make its way towards the top of your hair. Trimming your hair on a regular basis gives your hair a healthier and fuller appearance, but it does not accelerate the rate of your hair growth.
- Myth- Cocoa butter helps in preventing stretch marks: Another widespread beauty tip, which is unfortunately a myth is that application of cocoa butter on a pregnant woman's belly throughout the course of her pregnancy will prevent the appearance of stretch marks. According to research, cocoa butter has no role in the prevention or control of stretch marks' appearance.
- Myth- Is it possible to shrink your skin pores: No matter how much you scrub or cleanse your skin; it is not possible to shrink your pores. In fact, you cannot close or open pores even if you want to. In order to give your pores a more refined look, use cleaning devices while cleansing your pores.
I am 26 year old. I don't have any facial hair on my cheeks. Only a few on my chin. It makes me feel depressed and weird. Any suggestions?
Is Hair plantations a solutions of baldness or not, which is most trusted Clinic for it, are there any side effects of it, advice me please.
I have an acne prone skin. I am presently using clindamycin during morning and salicylic acid gel at night on my face. My face is almost cleared. But there are many red marks .and the skin looks very dirty. Please suggest what to use to make skin glowing and marks/blemish free.
Can I use Multaani mitti in winter to remove face pimples? And if I can use this please tell me a proper way?
I am 19 years old female. I have infected by fungal infections (Ringworms) since 3 months back which spreads everywhere it started from between two legs bottom and spread to top fastly. I already consulted 2or more doctors for it but vo thik nhi ho ra h itching ki vjh se blood b ata h or vo felta ja ra h.bhot itching hoti h Please help me what to do?
I am just 17 I am suffering from severe hair fall problem that I cant do any hair style my bladder part of the hair is seen and I have many acne my face.
My problem is hairfall. I tried various shampoos bt no result. So suggest me what can I do to stop it.
My eyebrows are thinning very badly, in fact it's almost gone. I'm 45 years old and have no diseases. I weigh 70 KGS.what to do
I am having scabies, and I have used lotions like Anti-Scab but its not going 100%, mainly my genitical portion, what should, be the cure.
My wife has blemishes on her face, is it due to some diet issue or due to going out in the sun? What could be the treatment?
Home remedies for skin allergies
Skin allergies are often indicated by redness, scaly, itchy, chapped or bumpy skin. These may occur due to a variety of factors. Usually, when an allergen or a foreign element comes in contact with skin, it triggers an immune system response leading to an allergic skin condition. Other factors may include climatic changes like heat and cold, infections, cosmetics, specific foods or even medications resulting in Skin Allergies. Often, mild skin allergies do not sustain for long even if these are not treated. However, to get relief from the pain and added discomfort caused by these skin allergies, these home remedies are a lot easier and safe bet.
Cool down the itch
Use typical ice packs or cold running water over the infected part to treat itching. Using a cold water cloth over infected area relieves from suffering. Do not try using hot water as it relaxes in the beginning but makes the condition worse later.
Scare the scar
Aloe Vera is the best bet in almost all skin ailments due to its remarkable anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties. Regular oral intake of 2-4 teaspoons of aloe vera gel or the application of its pulp on areas of dark spots or scars eradicates scars and rashes from the face and other skin areas.
Act on Acne with Apple Cider
The best option to treat the most irritating yet much prevalent skin ailment is Apple Cider Vinegar. Add one part of apple cider vinegar to three parts of water. Mix it well. Use cotton balls to apply this solution on acne directly and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse with water. Apply this three times a day to seek optimum results.
Coconut Oil sways away Eczema
First, wash your hands with utmost care. Then, pat them dry. Use your fingers to slowly rub the coconut oil on the affected area. Leave it for some time to get it dry. Use it as many times as you want to get the benefits. Actually, application of this oil on the affected portion is recommended for longer duration for best results.
Bye-Bye to rashes with Baking Soda
Baking Soda is to be applied on the rashes directly. Then, to get better results, press the skin softly and see the rashes disappear soon.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.