Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
My friend is suffering from depression from last two years. Can I know how I can I make him free from this?
I am rohan I want to ask sometime I feel pain in my body what is the reason for pain and mostly I feel Pain on my back so tell me about the treatment for my body.
I do not have proper concentration on things properly, I forget the things also and also feel like tired on daily basis. I use to sleep for around 8 hours, please tell me the solution and help me.
I have a very weak memory. So I couldn't remember things easily. What should I do to increase memory?
I have 10 years work exp, had planned to start a business but investors ditched. Now it' s been a year I am not able to find a job. Sometime I feel worthless. I was at a senior post, but now no one wants me. I am not getting any job. It' s become a hell living like this.
Forgetting problem? I have a forgetting problem I cant study anything sometimes I am forgetting within a minute.
Hi im 23 years old male. Mera last 5-6 months se mera mind past ki baaton me chalta rehta hai round the clock. Actually last year mera meri girlfriend se breakup ho gaya tha, jiske sath mera 6mnths ka relation tha. Or jiske liye mai khud ko responsible maanta hun. I think mere ego or attitude ki vajah se breakup ho gaya tha or voh bhi kabhi-2 kehti thi ki mai uski baaton ko for granted leta hu. Mai roz guilt mein survive kar raha hu or apne aap ko jimmendar manta hu. Uski baatein roz mere mind mein 24 hrs ghumti rehti hai or uske saath spend kia hua time bhi. Mai bhi usko pyar karta tha Or mai janta hun voh meri life mein ab kbhi vapas nhi aayegi and I really miss her. Mera daily suicide karne ka mann karta hai. Aisa lagta hai jaise meri life ek curse hai. Or ha mujhe OCD bhi hai, but mujhe nahi lagta sab iski vajah se hai. I really don't knw what to do. Meri mind ki koi concentration nahi hai. Mai daily stress mein rehta hu. If you can help me toh plss help me ki wht I have to do really ki mai apni life phirr se khushi se jee saku. Aur apna mind iss cheez se divert karke apni professional life mein kuch kar saku.
I am suffering from anxiety for last 3 months. I want to quit my medicines betecap tr 40, toficalm, and zyven od. I am also continuing this medicine till now. Please suggest me how to quit my medicine.
OCD or obsessive compulsive disorder is a mental condition, which traps people in a cycle of repetitive thoughts that push them to do repetitive behaviors. As the name states, the obsession over certain things compels them to do it over and over again. These actions will only help you feel relieved for a short time and soon the cycle starts back again.
Symptoms of OCD:
The symptoms of OCD are classified into two groups, one for the obsessive behavior and the other for compulsive behavior. Some of the common symptoms for these are mentioned below:
As the name states this means obsessing over certain things, which varies from person to person. Some of the things could be:
- Being scared about making mistakes
- The fear of being embarrassed in public situations
- Constantly being scared about contamination by germs, microbes or dirt
- Doubts about sure and simple situations and the need to be constantly reassured about them
The obsessions usually results in compulsive behaviors, which you may need to perform to reassure and relieve yourself of the anxiety temporarily. Some of these may include:
- Trying to constantly arrange things in a certain way and still not being satisfied
- Thoughts, words and images being stuck in your head throughout the day that may keep you disturbed and cause to lose sleep
- You may even repeat specific words or actions multiple times as a measure of self reassurance.
- Hoarding of items, which have no value
Causes of OCD:
Biological factors: Certain chemical imbalances in the brain may lead to OCD, which may happen due to hormonal or biological changes. In fact certain infections are also known to trigger OCD in people.
Environmental factors: Certain types of mental trauma have been known to trigger OCD as well, such as
- Office, school, college or other work related stresses over a long period of time
- The passing away of a near and dear one
- Relationship problems
- Repressed abuses from earlier in life
Most treatments of OCD are categorized into two types:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is a counseling based therapy where you may be slowly asked to face your fears and overcome them over a period of time.
- Medications: Antidepressants, inhibitors, or antipsychotic drugs or relaxants in various combinations may be used to treat OCD.
- Electroconvulsive therapy: Only in the rarest of cases would doctors consider electroconvulsive therapy, if the patient is a danger to themselves or others around them.