Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Fatima PunevalaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 23 years old 7 months pregnant I have done encircularge in 5th month can I do sex know is it safe or not please suggest me thank u.
My periods date is 9 July and I have sex with out condom, so can I be pregnant or not And what is the time for pregnant?
Am sonu, married since 2year. 7 month back I got miscarry and d&c done. After d&c I have no periods till now. Taken lots of treatment for this. Even one drops not yet. My hsg test is normal. And my hormonal test also normal. Why it is happening like this, what is the reason for this, please replay for my queries.
Hello Dr. My sister suffers from terrible pain during periods. She is 24 years old unmarried. She had pcod but now it is completely cured but she still feels lot of pain that she gets unconscious because of pain. Is there anything that can cure this permanently.
Sir Mane apni 1 may wife ka sath sex kya use 20 min bad unwanted 72 medicine di Phr usi din 1 hour sex kya Phr n8 ma usi din kya sex unprotected? Muje Kaise PTA chalega ki medicine Na work kya hai GA nhi uski date 22 may ko aati h Kya uski date jaldi AA jayegi Ya phr 22 may Ko Muje pls btaye Ki agr ma Again sex kro Kch Prblm to nhi hogi Na Aur use medicine Do ya Na pls muje solution da jaldi se.
During my periods I get lots of cramps. It sometimes becomes unbearable for me. I can't go out during my periods. Can you please suggest what to do.
I got married in 2011 in 2012 june my wife got concivedvbut unfortunately the doctor advised your to abort the baby within 2 months due to no cardiac activity we also done the same. After 2 years in 2015 after lot of treatments my conceived for the 2nd time but this time also the same happened. I want to know y this was happening.
If a person is naturally aborted within 3 weeks of pregnancy, will that cause delay in period for the next month? No medical way of abortion is done, will the aborted thing block in period way? Its been almost 1.5 months no symptoms or bleeding of any preg or anything, totally fine, just period is away. Kindly let know can doctor find tht I am. Aborted in any way using scan or anything?
I love to eat chalk and mud diya is it a sign of disease my weight is increasing day by day inspite of exercise my body temp is always very high.
Hello mam my age is 22 and muhje kuch time pahle fungus infection mere private part or thies par hua hai or jab se me us ke liye novale soap or terbicip cream use akr rhi hu tab se muhje bahut jayda safed pani ki problam ho rahi hai. Muhje kiya karna chahiye.
AIDS is an acronym for the 'Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome'.
According to Ayurveda the AIDS disease may be correlated with "Kshaya' or "Ojakshaya' meaning loss of energy.
The disease is caused by the dominant kapha dosha along with the other doshas tends to block the path for the flow of rasadi dhatus in their respective locations thus resulting in the deterioration of saptha dhatu Rasa(plasma), Rakta (blood cells), Mansa(muscular tissue), Meda (adipose tissue), Asthi (bony tissue), Majja (bone marrow) and the Shukra (reproductive tissue). thus resulting into the disease.
The major symptoms are:
1)Loss of appetite, drastic loss of weight-emaciation, fatigue and lethargy.
2)Susceptibility to allergies and contagious diseases.
4)Bronchial disorders, often leading to tuberculosis of the lungs.
5)Damage to intestinal flora resulting in diarrhoea, dysentery, gastritis and wide fluctuations in body temperature.
6)Prolonged fever, sleeplessness etc.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT PLAN FOR HIV
1)The first step to stem the disease is to ensure a good and healthy atmosphere for the patient. He should be surrounded by well meaning friends and relatives who must affirm that the disease state is totally curable. Nothing negative should be discussed before the patient. The patient should be given nourishing food which is easily digestible. He should be encouraged to do easy exercise which does not strain his fragile health. He should be kept engaged in fruitful activities which strengthen the good tendencies inherent in him.
2)Initially, the patient is given tonics and rejuvenators (Rasayanas) to boost immunity levels and to strengthen the system and stimulate appetite.
3)After gaining some strength, shodhana (elimination) techniques are used to expel toxins from the body through enemas, purgation and emesis. The medications administered at this stage are not hard or drastic, but soft, ghee-based so that the patient withstands them with ease.
4)Secondly the blood is purified with appropriate medications. Liver corrective measures also play an important role.
5)A strengthening diet along with medicated ghee preparations and soups is recommended. But spicy, oily and acidic foods are to be avoided. A little alcohol is recommended as anupana (carrier) to aid the digestive process, and also remove blockages in the flow of Rasadi dhatus, i.e. srothorodha.
6)Patient is advised to do regular exercise. If the patient is incapable of exercising or running due to weakness, then steaming (swedanam) is also recommended. reason behind this is 'Heated blood is said to weaken, and even destroy, the virus in some cases'.
7)Experience has shown that certain herbo-mineral compounds prepared as per the formulae prescribed by sages like Agasthya, Charaka, Sarangadhara and others for the treatment of Kshaya have brought about significant results in improving the condition of AIDS patients. The Rasayana and Vajikara effects of the these medicines are good for the patients.
8)Some of the propritery ayurvedic medicines achieving good improvement in the quality of life of patients include 'Chyavanprash', 'Raktavardhak' for Immunity building and 'Sookshma triphla tabs' to keep awaythe the infection.
An example of an Ayurvedic remedy which may be of use in the treatment of persons diagnosed with AIDS is 'Chyavanprash'. 'Chyavanprash' is most useful and most popular rejuvenator tonic(Rasayana) of Ayurveda.
This is an Ayurvedic herbal formula which increases ojas, and restores the digestive, eliminative, respiratory and sexual systems. It is frequently employed in wasting conditions where it has been clinically shown to improve health and assist with weight gain. The main ingredient in Chyavanprash is 'Amalaki'- the Indian gooseberry (Emblica officinalis), which has the highest yield of natural source vitamin C, with 3000 mg per fruit. It is also a rich source of naturally occurring anti-oxidants including bioflavonoids, vitamin B-complex and carotenes (vitamin A). Studies suggest that this berry possesses antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. It assists digestion, lowers high blood pressure and lowers blood cholesterol. Clinical research has shown that it accelerates repair of muscle and skin and enhances natural anti-inflammatory substances. Chayvanprash also contains about 35 others herbs which amplify and augment the effects of its main ingredient; such a powerful formulation may indeed be helpful in the treatment of persons who have been diagnosed with AIDS.
I'm a 23 years old girl (55 kg, 5.4 ft). I have been experiencing sudden bursts of very painful breast pain on one of my breasts for the last few days. The pain is inside and feels quite sharp. I almost always feel the pain when I lay improperly or if there is even a bit of impact on it. Somehow it has to do with my movements. Just for the record, I'm currently in India for vacation (I'm originally from EU). The pain started few days after my arrival. Could it be cancer?
I am 16 weeks pregnant, what ever I have eat I am vomIting. Day by day am losing weight. Please advice me.
Should there be a minimum age for the insertion of IUDs? I have learnt that barrier methods are not 100% effective neither the withdrawal methods.
I have PCOD and suffering from hair fall, I read somewhere that applying onion juice daily on hair is effective. Do I need to wash my hair everyday with shampoo to rinse off the juice? Because it said apply daily for best result. I'm afraid of it as daily shampooing is bad for hair. Can you suggest any other ways for the regrowth of my hair?
I didn't had sex and I took unwanted72 and their was no bleeding within3-5 days and my period dates were 20 February till today their is no period please help me urgently.
The value of warm water as a therapeutic medium was recognised and utilised by philosophers and physicians such as pluto and hippopocrates as a treatment for muscle spasms and various diseases. It can be used for a large variety of conditions like low back pain osteoarthritis inflammatory conditions multiple sclerosis traumatic brain injury spinal cord injuries fibromyalgia etc,
Rice flakes, a paddy product is also popularly known as poha. Break-fast is the right time to consume poha rice since it has about 76.9% of carbohydrates and 23.1% of fats.
Keeping the basic method same, you can try many variations of it by adding several vegetables of your choice to pack it with vitamins and minerals.
Health benefits of poha: -
1. Lactose free, heart healthy and fat free
Gluten free, it can be consumed by those allergic to wheat products
2. Good source of instant energy as it is rice based and it will stave off hunger cravings.
3. Poha rice is light and easy to digest
Provides the vitamin b1 and hence aids in stabilising blood sugar.
4. Peanuts are usually added to poha preparation and are good source of antioxidants and protein.
5. It contains 20 mg of iron in every 100g raw rice flakes, squeezing a cut lemon on the poha helps in improving iron absorption.
A healthier version to the everyday poha is the red poha, which is made from red rice. The red colour is due to the presence of a pigment called anthocyanin, which is also a flavonoid. Moreover, unlike white rice, red rice doesn't undergo excessive processing, and as such the other bran layer remains intact, which is rich is fiber, vitamin b, and minerals like calcium, zinc, iron, manganese, magnesium etc.
White sticky vaginal discharge and burning sensation. What can I do? Too shy to go and get it checked by a doctor! Should I try the home remedies? Would garlic and yogurt (curd) work?
Foods that lower testosterone
1. Alcohol: this has been linked to lowered testosterone levels. By discontinuing excessive alcohol consumption, you can expect to improve the sex life of both you and your partner. It is also advised to avoid mixed drinks, as they may contain excess amounts of sugar, leading to weight gain.
2. Ice cream: this tasty treat is packed with sugar and empty calories, making it a poor choice for the health conscious. Ice cream may also lead to increased fatigue and migraine onset when eaten in high quantity. A better-frozen alternative would be frozen or plain yogurt.
3. Pasta: is high in carbohydrates, making it also high in calories. While the body loves carbs and can actually burn them off faster, running a marathon soon after you eat a huge serving of this starchy food is highly unlikely. If you don’t burn off these extra calories, your body will store the extra energy as fat.
4. Snacks: praised for their convenience and delicious taste, snacks like chips, chocolate bars, and cookies are high in sugar and carbohydrates that can instantly raise blood sugar levels. It may take some effort and willpower, but replacing unhealthy snacks with raw vegetables, raw nuts, or even dark chocolate can help increase male libido and provide the body with the healthy fats that your body needs.
5. Breakfast biscuits and cookies: generally considered high in trans fats, as they tend to be highly processed. These types of foods affect hormones in the body, including testosterone. By changing your early morning eating habit to something less processed, you can keep your testosterone levels optimal.
6. Nachos and chicken wings: despite being a favorite “game day” food option, eating nachos can provide the body more carbs than it really needs, leading to excess weight gain. Also, eating deep fried wings can contribute to increased cholesterol levels, which can affect the heart over time.
7. Low-fat diet sugar: having the right about of fat in the diet is recommended for the release of testosterone as well as to increase sex drive. Studies have shown that low-fat diets contribute to lower testosterone levels, with men who better regulate their blood sugar levels having better sex. The reason for this is that too much sugar in the diet can lower testosterone levels. Many low-fat diets trade fat for carbohydrates, which gets converted into glucose in the body, much like sugar.
8. Flax: a widely known health food and a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. However, flax seeds do not contain enough to overcome the effect of low testosterone, as flax seeds themselves contain compounds called lignans that mimic estrogen in the body. Flax seeds are considered to have three times more estrogen-like hormones than soybeans do. If flax seeds are your source of omega 3’s and you are a male suffering from low testosterone, it may be time to get a separate omega 3 supplement.
9. Licorice: a herb that most people associate with the worst tasting candy, licorice can help reduce stress when consumed as a tea. But it also contains high amounts of estrogen-like compounds.
10. Beer: a different form of alcohol, beer is different as it contains many more calories and carbs and can be very bad for men. The hops used to make beer is estrogenic and contain 300, 000 ius of estrogen per 100g of hops.
11. Soy: high in a compound called isoflavones that are proven to be estrogenic, soy is one type of food men with low testosterone should avoid. Their estrogen-like effect has been considered so strong that eating large amounts is almost equivalent to taking birth control pills, in theory.
12. Spearmint: this refreshing herb is used in everything from tea to chewing gum. It is also an old remedy for women to get rid of facial hair due to the estrogenic compounds it provides. Eating natural spearmint should be avoided in men concerned about their t levels.
13. Legumes and beans: this category of food is known for its estrogenic activity. For example, the lima bean is filled with a compound called phytoestrogenic fiber inositol and lignans that have been proven to lower serum testosterone as well as inhibit dihydrotestosterone levels.
14. Whole grains: while considered good for the digestive system, grains have testosterone mechanisms. They contain gluten that can increase prolactin levels and reduce testosterone levels. Diet rich in dietary fiber can also lower testosterone. Additionally, most grains can suck out essential minerals from the body.
15. Soda: soft drinks have excessive quantities of sugar and are one of the major contributors to the obesity epidemic. Not only is the liquid itself bad for you, but the bottles they are packaged in may also harm your health, as they are often made with phthalates that have strong estrogen-like properties.
16. Fast food: most of these establishments use low-grade meats to sell to their customers. The meat sources may be fed low-quality food and injected with antibiotics and growth hormones throughout their lives. Fast food is also very greasy, with the majority of items being deep fried. Sunflower and soybean oil can significantly reduce the testosterone levels in males.
17. Cheese: while great on your pizza and nachos, this dairy product can potentially mess with the body’s natural production of the hormone, including estrogen and testosterone.
18. High-pufa vegetable oils: polyunsaturated fats found in these types of oils has been proven in studies to reduce testosterone levels and should be avoided.
19. High doses of dietary fiber: while many people will tell you that increasing your dietary intake of fiber is good for you, it may, in fact, affect testosterone levels. The problem arises when a male eats too much fiber, altering the metabolism of testosterone, decreasing its levels. It is not advised to restrict fiber altogether if low testosterone is a concern, but to eat a regular amount of fiber.