Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Fatima PunevalaYour feedback matters!
Many time I observed that after few days of birth the child died. What is the reason and what step should take prevent from death? please suggest.
Azoospermia is the medical condition of a man not having any measurable level of sperm in his semen. It is associated with very low levels of fertility or even sterility. It occurs in 5% of infertile men. There are many causes, to evaluate this need through review of present and past medical problems, past surgery, medications, family history physical examinations etc. Need blood tests for testosterone and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), two semen samples are needed. With each sample, a standard semen analysis is performed. If no sperm are found, then the semen sample undergoes an additional evaluation in which the sample is “spun” down in a centrifuge to concentrate small numbers of sperm at the bottom of the tube. This “pellet” of the ejaculate is then examined thoroughly for sperm by an experienced lab technician. If 10 sperm or even 1 sperm is present in the pellet analysis, then conditions such as reproductive tract obstruction are painlessly disproved. If, based on the above evaluation, it is not entirely clear as to whether there is a problem with sperm production or one of a blockage in the ducts of the reproductive tract, then the next step is to examine the testis itself and assess sperm production. This can be done in several ways, but the classic approach is to perform a testis biopsy under local anesthesia. The other causes are Primary testicular failure, Klinefelter syndrome, Varicocele effect, Diabetes mellitus, Pituitary suppression, drug induced (anabolic steroids, alcohol, glucocorticoids), Sickle cell anemia, Testosterone supplements, Ejaculatory duct obstruction, Obstruction, congenital absence of the vas deferens (CAVD), Ejaculatory duct obstruction, Undescended testicles at birth, Sperm autoimmunity,Severe illness (cancer, kidney or liver failure), Vasectomy, Epididymitis,etc.
- Treatment depends on the causes above,but the most important is to maintain health by proper nutritious diet (to produce balanced hormones and healthy sperms), exercise, maintain healthy life style.
- Beside these there are several herbs and fruits are very usefull.
- 7 dry dates to be boiled in glass of milk and take every day morning after food.
- Some Unani herbs. Gookhru, Mosli sufaid, Satawar, Khulanjan, Asgandh and Pamba dana are very usefull, make powder of these herbs with equal quantity and take one tea spoonful 2 times a day before food.
- Avoid stress and mental tension and do proper exercise and early morning walk for half an hour.
Periods me sex karne se kya pregnant ho sakti hu agar haa to pregnancy rokne ka koi dawai please btaiye or maine phle bhi three time es month me emergency pills liya hai please help me.
Hai Dr. I am 9 month pregnant. March 2nd I admitted to Labour room. My Dr. told to normal delivery is done tomorrow. Sister checkup the baby heartbeats. No heartbeats Dr. said to me my baby passed away. Reason platelets count 80000 what happened Dr. Pls reply me.
Cucumbers are used in most healthy salads all over the world, owing to the fact that it contains lots of water and has a cooling and refreshing effect on your system. The cucumber is a member of the plant family which also boasts of watermelon, pumpkin, and squash. And on hot summer days, cucumber salads keep you hydrated whether you consume the vegetable on its own, or drink its juice. Here we will take a look at the many other advantages of having cucumbers, which will surely inspire you to incorporate this food item in your diet on a more regular basis.
- Cucumbers contain a flavanol called fisetin. This fisetin plays a key role in protecting your brain. It increases your memory and protects your nerve cells from ageing, but it's most impressive feat is that it can protect your brain from Alzheimer's as well.
- Also, cucumbers contain polyphenols named lignans which help you to reduce the risk of breast, ovarian and prostate cancer.
- And since cucumbers contain about 95 percent of water, it goes without saying that they fight inflammation in the most impressive manner possible.
- Further, cucumbers also contain anti-oxidants. These very anti-oxidants are responsible for keeping you safe from chronic diseases.
- Cucumbers come loaded with vitamin B, which is known to fight stress and can help you to combat anxiety too.
- Cucumbers are very rich in water and fibre. Since both these entities are necessary for easy digestion of food, adding cucumbers to your daily diet can be helpful in many ways. Also, when the juice of cucumbers mixes with your saliva, it will work as a very effective combination that imparts some speed to the process of digestion.
- Cucumbers are very low in calories, which is evident by the fact that they contain about 95 percent water. And yet they fill your stomach pretty nicely. It can help you keep your weight in check.
- If you are a heart patient, you ought to have cucumbers in your diet because cucumbers contain potassium, which in turn is lowers the blood pressure in the body, thus making it much easier for you to keep a check on high BP problems.
Besides the above mentioned benefits, cucumbers taste crisp, fresh and cool. So go ahead and beat the summer heat with this extremely beneficial vegetable.
I am 24 years female. My hemoglobin level is 9.5 g/ dl. Is there any problems for conceiving pregnancy.
Is kegel exercises is preferable for unmarried girls? I've heard that it makes vagina walls thick and makes vagina entry small. Does it not effect on 1st intercourse. What are benefits of kegel for unmarried girls. And how toh do it.
In preparation for the possibility of conception, a woman's body undergoes the menstrual cycle every month which culminates into the periods. This is a normal process which all women of reproductive age go through every month. However, in certain cases, the periods can be really painful where you may suffer from menstrual cramps or could be generally in much pain. This condition is known as Dysmenorrhea.
What exactly is Dysmenorrhea
As mentioned above, Dysmenorrhea is a disorder that many women got through while having their periods where they may suffer from painful cramps. The pain usually occurs in the pelvis area along with the lower abdomen and it may also be accompanied by other symptoms.
Some symptoms of Dysmenorrhea
Some of the symptoms of Dysmenorrhea could be any combination of the following factors
I. Very painful menstrual cramps accompanied by lower back pain
II. Diarrhea and nausea along with the cramps
III. Pain in the inner thighs, lower back and hips
IV. Being hypersensitive to light, loud sounds, specific smells and touch
V. Being fatigued all the time, even causing you to faint
Causes of Dysmenorrhea
Dysmenorrhea is usually caused by the contraction of the Uterus. While the uterus does contract a little even in normal periods, during Dysmenorrhea the contractions tend to be a little too much. Due to this the uterus presses against the blood vessels and organs within the vicinity causing oxygen loss to them. This causes elevated levels of pain and discomfort.
Some of the underlying causes which may result in Dysmenorrhea are:
1. Narrowing of the cervix - Also known as stenosis, the lower part of the uterus which is the cervix may become narrow due to scarring and cause Dysmenorrhea.
2. Endometriosis - This is where the uterine lining is found outside the uterus, especially in the pelvic cavity and thus may cause painful cramps.
3. Inflammatory pelvic diseases - This is when a bacterial infection in the pelvic area can spread to multiple organs, including the uterus and thus may cause painful menstrual cramps.
4. Tumors - Tumors or fibroids which are unwanted growths on the inside of the uterus may also trigger Dysmenorrhea.
What to do if you are suffering from Dysmenorrhea
Below are some of the basic steps which you can take to ease pain from Dysmenorrhea
1. Avoid smoking and abstain from alcohol
2. Ample rest during periods
3. Keep the body dehydrated
4. Don't consume foods high in salt
5. Don't drink coffee or any caffeine rich foods
6. Lower back massages and hot water bag treatments to relieve pain
If severe pain still persists for long or if dysmenorrhea occurs repeatedly, then you should consult a doctor first rather than trying to resolve the problem yourself.
I recently got little to excited with my girlfriend and happen to cross the limit we didn't had a penetrative sex but I happen to rub my penis over her vagina before that I had cummed and we happen to wipe it then did this act. Is there any chance she will get pregnant? If yes what do we do?
I have diagnosed with PCOD 7 years before, in the starting stage Dr. took ultrasound and gave cyclenorm-P and cyclenorm-E then krimson-35 so that my periods got regularised only for 6 months. Then the same problem continued again after 2 years Dr. prescribed same tablets so that for temporarily my periods got regularised but later same problem continues. Now I get periods once in 3 months and I am trying loose weight but due to this PCOD problem I couldn't loose much weight rather I gain weight when I don't get periods every month. Also I have modified my food style and physically active to get rid of this problem. Now I am unmarried need a solution for this?
Hy my sis got periods only for two days after a day the periods come again for halfday nd also has abdominal pain during periods. She has also constipation, uper body structure is slim but lower abdominal portion is extra broad nd also feels hungry all day. please suggest me the right solution to overcome my problem.
The act of pleasuring oneself is one topic, which has always been questioned by the society at large, but in reality self-pleasuring offers a number of benefits. Masturbation refers to the act of inducing sexual arousal and deriving pleasure from it by stimulating the genitals and erogenous zones. This may be done using hands, fingers, sex toys, or grouping together the effect of these. Mutual masturbation among partners is also a fairly common phenomenon. There are varied opinions on the topic, whether actual sexual penetration gives more pleasure or masturbation. Read on to find out what effect each has on your body and which one is more preferred by most people.
- Health benefits: Studies reveal that engaging in sexual intercourse is associated with a lot of health benefits like stress-busting, controlling your blood pressure level, keeping the prostate and heart healthy, acting as a pain reliever etc. Masturbating does the same to your health to some extent, and certainly has a different set of benefits, which includes preventing STDs, cancer (ex: prostate cancer), boosting immunity, helping overcome premature ejaculation and the like.
- Associated risks: Sexual intercourse may come with various risks like genital infections and STDs, if your partner is infected or chance of an unwanted conception, if unsafe sex is practiced. That way, masturbation has comparatively fewer health risks than sex, though it is not entirely free from drawbacks. You can get skin irritations and in rare cases, even penile fractures (rarely though) due to aggressive masturbation.
- Effect on Relationship: The quality and frequency of the sexual intercourse you have with your partner has a direct effect on your relationship. However, masturbation mostly does not involve your partner's participation and so doesn't visibly have a reflection on your relationship.
- Role in knowing your sexual preferences: In case of both men and women, masturbation helps people to identify their sexual preferences and acts which give them greater or lesser pleasure. This usually leads to a more satisfying sex life and is considered to be easier than figuring out what pleases you while having sex.
Notwithstanding the above points, which one (either sex or masturbation) gives you more pleasure, completely depends on your personal preferences. If you wish to discuss any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specialized sexologist and ask a free question.
I am 31 year old. Don' t have a baby yet. I have polytheistic ovary. Weight is 55kg. Can I get pregnant. My doc wants me to for ivf should I go ?
I am 18 years and I had my periods on may 3rd to may 7th, my husband rubbed his penis and semen contact occurred and light penetration happened on may 10 th, now I got my periods on June 2ndbut it was only for two days blood with clots came but it suddenly stopped in the evening on 3rd day there was little bleeding and on fourth day blood came but without clots and this was not similar as my regular periods am I pregnant? Is it implantation bleeding? Is it spotting? Is it miscarriage.
Polycystic ovarian cyst disease (PCOD)
It is a disease characterized by multiple small cysts in the ovaries. The ovary is enlarged and it produces excessive amounts of androgen and estrogenic hormones, this condition is also called as polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Causes - hereditary / genetic disease (family history of someone with condition), overactive adrenal glands can also produce excess androgens and causes pcod, obesity can aggravate pcod, excess insulin may cause high androgen levels and causes pcod.
Irregular menses / delayed / heavy periods.
Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight.
Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back.
Heart disease (high blood pressure, high cholesterol)
Weight gain and trouble losing weight.
Depression, mood swings.
1) do regular exercise - exercise for 45 minutes, walking, jogging and aerobic exercise are great exercise that people can do.
2) eat healthy and balanced diet - it includes lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans and whole grains, brown rice. Limit foods that are high in saturated fat, such as meats, cheese and fried foods. Avoid dairy products, red meat, sugary foods and drinks.
(select what you eat from the following food groups -
Vegetables - carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach.
Cereals - barley, oats, whole wheat, brown rice, multigrain bread.
Pulses - yellow and green moving, chana dal, beans, whole pulses.
Dairy products - skimmed or toned milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt.
Nuts - walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds).
3) control weight - losing weight may help to get your hormones in balance and regulate your menstrual cycle these are the main part of the treatment for pcod.
4) treatment of hirsutism or acne.
5) restoration of regular menstrual cycle, restoration of fertility.
Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effects. Homeopathy focuses on treating and curing the root cause of disease. Here are some homeopathic remedies for pcod -
1) sepia - menses are irregular (sometimes too late and scanty or too early and profuse) + bearing down pains from back to abdomen + a ball like sensation in the inner parts + yellowish or greenish leucorrhea + irritable and indifferent temperament.
2) pulsatilla - menses are late and scanty + thirstless and takes little water + mild, gentle and yeilding temperament + changeable moods + suited to young girls in whom the problem starts at puberty.
3) natrum mur - irregular and suppressed menstrual cycles + beneficial for women with difficulty in conception due to pcod + aversion to heat of sun and craving for extra salt in the diet + reserved minded + symptoms gets worse when sympathy offered.