Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 27 yrs. Old I got married 6 months back. I got regular periods but this month it was late by 4 days and stays only for 2 days and very less flow. Now I am feeling heaviness, pressure and little pain in lower abdomen. Plzz. Help me out why this happens.
My sis is 13 years old she has dysomennorehea disorder dis month her period is on 26 th b4 2 days her stomach is paining may b on 19 and 20 sept like on d night hr stomach was paining afte having food nt so much den again on 20 hr stomach was paining in aftr noon. Bt frm dis two days she is f9 during her periods she has vry bad pain in hr stomach and her pain last till 5 th day of period and also has a very heavy flow till 5th day so doc suggested hr meftal spas she become fine aftr dat nd also aftr heat pads once hr period is gone she becomes totally f9 bt I am still concern as one of the doc from your app told me dat she had small intestine pathology prob as my personal gynac told d same she has periods prob n docs from other app tld d same bt I am still concern does she hve any small intestine prob.
Sir I have one daughter and I want some gap for second baby Then what I do. I do not want use copper t If some medicine for 1 month 6 month etc pls suggest me.
Contrary to what most girls have been led to believe about the hymen being a flat tissue that covers the vagina and is ripped during penetrative intercourse, the truth is that hymen is a fringe of tissue around the vaginal opening. It is not an intact tissue draping across the vaginal wall because without any outlet for the menstrual blood, girls would get periods only after they lose their virginity. (Know more about Irregular Periods)
Here are a few mind-boggling facts about the hymen.
- Just like labia, every woman's hymen varies in color, size and shapes.
- It is elastic and stretchy in most cases. Vaginal delivery makes the hymen less visible by smoothening and stretching it.
- Despite popular belief, the pain women experience when they have sex for the first time is not due to your hymen breaking, but because your vaginal muscles are too tense and/or you're going at it too rough and fast without adequate lubrication.
- Simple exercises such as walking, riding bicycles, doing splits as well as horseback riding may rip your hymen long before you have had intercourse.
- Hymens should not be perceived as the indicator of sexual activity because they are extremely stretchy and stay with you your entire life. Even sexually active people have hymens.
- If you do not resort to any sexual activity (including penetration during masturbation), the hymen returns to its default position in your vulva.
- Very few women have an imperforate hymen in which the opening is too small for penetration whether by tampons, fingers, sex toys or an erect penis. A simple surgery needs to be conducted in such a case where parts of the hymen are snipped away.
- There is a growth in hymenoplasty, also known as hymen reconstruction surgery, in the past few years because hymen is viewed as an indicator of virginity and there have been cases of annulment, public humiliation, torture and even death because they believe that the hymen is not intact due to sexual activity; therefore making hymenoplasty an effective solution.
- Although, not an indicator of the amount of sexual activities performed, one must seek immediate medical attention after being sexually assaulted because it can be examined to prove sexual abuse. (Learn more about Sexual Activity Affects Vaginal Health)
Tubal ligation involves a surgical procedure in which the fallopian tubes of a woman are either cut or tied. The procedure is aimed at preventing the passage of eggs from the ovaries to the fallopian tubes, where they are usually fertilized by a sperm. A gynaecologist is the one who performs the surgery, and it is a permanent birth control method for women.
Tubal Ligation Methods
The different ways in which tubal ligation can be done are:
- Laparoscopy: This is usually done with general anesthesia wherein surgical tools and viewing instruments are inserted through two small incisions made in the abdomen and then the tubes are clipped.
- A Postpartum tubal ligation: This is usually done within 24-36 hours of childbirth. The fallopian tubes are at a higher position after childbirth, so a small incision is made under the belly button and the tubes are stitched closed.
Expectations after Surgery
- You will need no more birth control backup method after the surgery.
- The gas used during the surgery might still be left inside your stomach; as a result your stomach might be a bit swollen as a result, but it goes away usually in one or two days.
- You should make sure not to rub or disturb the incision for about a week while you take a bath.
How well does Tubal Ligation work?
Tubal ligation is a form of permanent birth control as it is quite efficient in stopping the passage of eggs to the fallopian tubes. Statistics show that about 5 out of 1000 women run the chance of pregnancy after the surgery; most of them were either pregnant during the time of the surgery or the surgery wasn't done correctly.
Possible risk factors
There are no major complications in case of tubal ligation. But there are certain risks which should be considered:
- Minor risks-Either wound separation or infection.
- Major risks-There can be some cases of heavy blood loss or organ injury due to faulty surgical techniques.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Tubal Ligation Advantage
Being a permanent method of birth control, it allows you to be sexually active without anxiety of pregnancy.
Tubal ligation doesn't stop you from contracting sexually transmitted diseases, so make sure to protect yourselves against them.
Heel pain is a very common foot complaint and may involve injury to the bone, fat pad, ligaments, tendons or muscles. Heel pain can also be referred by a pinched nerve in your lower back.
It is important to have your heel pain thoroughly assessed to ensure an accurate diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
Anyone can suffer from heel pain, but certain groups seem to be at increased risk, including:
Middle aged men and women
Active people eg running sports
People who are very overweight
Children aged between 8 and 13 years
People who stand for long periods of time.
Common sources of heel pain
Achilles tendon rupture
Achilles tendonitis / tendinitis
High ankle sprain
Muscle strain (muscle pain)
Stress fracture feet
Common causes of heel pain?
Some of the many causes of heel pain can include:
Abnormal walking style (such as rolling the feet inwards)
Ill-fitting shoes eg narrow toe, worn out shoes
Standing, running or jumping on hard surfaces
Recent changes in exercise program
Heel trauma eg. Stress fractures
Bursitis (inflammation of a bursa)
Health disorders, including diabetes and arthritis.
Heel pain treatment
Most heel pain is caused by a combination of poor biomechanics, or muscle weakness or tightness. The good news is that heel pain can be effectively managed once the cause is identified.
Most heel pain can be successfully treated via:
Pain and pressure relief techniques
Biomechanical correction eg orthotics, taping, foot posture exercises
Muscle stretches and massage
Lower limb muscle strengthening
Proprioceptive and balance exercises to stimulate your foot intrinsic muscles.
If you feel that your footwear or sports training schedule are potentially causing your heel pain, then we recommend that you seek the advice of a sports physiotherapist, podiatrist or trained footwear specialist (not just a shop assistant) to see if your shoe is a match for your foot; or discuss your training regime to see if you are doing too much.
Heel pain and injury are extremely common. With accurate assessment and early treatment most heel pain injuries respond extremely quickly to physiotherapy allowing you to quickly resume pain-free and normal activities of daily living.
Please ask you physiotherapist for their professional treatment advice.
Can you have pregnancy symptoms even before missing a period if so what are the symptoms? My last periods was on 12th may 2016 and expecting next periods around 12th or 13th june.
I am 11 weeks pregnant. It is possible of abortion. And how much it is safe. I already had an miscarriage in month of February. And what are side effect of this abortion in future. Kindly guide.
I am 54 years old woman. My ht is 4'11" and wt is 62 kg. I gained wt during my menopause. Please suggest some remedy to control my wt.
I have excessive blood flow during periods. Also feel pain in legs. Does it normal? Some girl have excessive flow during period. Is it advantage or not for future life?
Dear doctor I am a 1 month unwanted pregnant by a mistake done by my boyfriend and I do not want a baby because of my carrier in college so please let suggest the way to removed this unwanted pregnant before itz too late suggest me Medicine please.
Having irregular periods some times it doesn't even come for 3 to 4 months and when it does it give very much pain and trouble.
I have problem with hormone secretion. I am married. I have too much white discharge problem. I fed up with this. Please help me.
I'm 31 years Old and my TSH IS 9.10 AND I also have pcos with regular periods and we are trying for kids since 5 years.
When I ask about the time for sex to give a baby birth before or after periods. I always got the answer like 9-18 days, 12-16 days. I do not understand what does that day mean. I just want to know how many days before or after periods should I do sex to give a baby birth? Please answer.
New Year is a good the time for new beginnings. At times our sex lives needs to be revived too. After a few years together, a couple’s sex life may begin to stagnate. A boring sex life can negatively impact your relationship as well. But by employing some very easy tricks in the bedroom, you can bring back the passion and add spark to your life.
Can’t figure out where to start? Here are 6 tips and tricks to help you out.
1. Be spontaneous: One of the main reasons a couple’s sex life dwindles is because they fall into a routine. Whether it’s the position you choose, or the sequence of events- right from foreplay to the actual intercourse- every couple has their own set routine. Break this monotony and try out new positions that can greatly enhance your pleasure. Also, try having sex somewhere else in the house that you haven’t before to spice things up.
2. Don’t be shy: Sex is one of the most intimate acts you can share with someone. However, sometimes you may find yourself being unable to open up to your partner about what gets you in the mood. This can make sex an unfulfilling experience. Try telling your partner what you’d like him/her to do. You might end up discovering that both of you share a common fantasy you hadn’t spoken about before.
3. Explore all erogenous zones: There are a lot of erogenous zones on a man and woman’s body. Take your time and get to know every single one of them. If you don’t know where they are, explore your partner’s body and see what turns him/her on and where. This is a great exercise that also sets the foundation for more fulfilling sex in the future.
4. Experiment with your lingerie: Clothes can be a turn on or a turn off depending on what you wear. Try experimenting with your lingerie. A host of options are available out there for both men and women. These days you can even buy edible lingerie on leading online shopping sites. Choose bright shades like red, as they’ve been proven to increase arousal.
5. Play around with sex toys: Introducing sex toys in your bedroom can prove to be very stimulating as well as exciting for both you and your partner. Sex toys come in all shapes and sizes, for both men and women. You can take your pick from vibrators and vibrating rings, handcuffs, etc; even lubricants and gels can be used to enhance pleasure and make sex more exciting.
6. Shave your pubic hair: Another way to give your sex life a whole new dimension, shaving off your pubic hair can increase the sensitivity in your genitals making sex a more pleasurable experience. Besides, for many shaved genitals have a visual appeal and cause intense arousal, which is very important when it comes to having a satisfying sex life.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
The medical term used for kidney disease is Nephrosis and it is seldom also known as the nephritic syndrome. There are a lot of likely causes for this condition and it is detected by carrying out urine test. The treatment for Nephrosis is a long term treatment and done mainly to prevent kidney failure. The kidney disease is very painful and occurs in people of all age groups. It is very important for people who are new to kidney disease that they know about the nine things they should do to stay strong.
Important information on kidney disease:
- The feeling of helplessness on occurrence of kidney disease can be overcome by educating yourself. Individuals should learn everything about kidney disease and can gain vital information even from the Internet.
- It is very obligatory that the advice of the doctor be followed by an individual suffering from Kidney disease. It is not indispensable that the kidney disease always leads to failure of kidney and to keep your kidney healthy and stay away from any damage, it is necessary to comply with the orders of the Doctor.
- It is very important that you stick to a diet, which would keep you healthy and protect your kidneys from any further damage. You should be mindful on everything you eat and you can gain assistance on your diet from a renal dietitian.
- When you suffer from chronic kidney disease, the blood values become very important to gauge the condition of your disease and whether it is getting worse or stable. From time to time, the healthcare provider would check your urine and blood regularly and he would also monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- You can ask help from the support group and accept their assistance. Your family is your best support system in times of need and so involving them is very important.
- You must make sure that you are getting the proper care you need and you need to educate yourself by communicating as well as asking questions.
- You can feel much better by being active, so do things that make you happy. You can exercise regularly, but after taking advice from your doctor. Your main focus must be to keep your heart healthy.
- A positive attitude is anytime helpful in healing a disease. You can listen to music that entertains your mind and helps you stay positive.
- It is not difficult to stay healthy even with kidney disease, as a positive feeling would eventually help face the kidney disease. You must plan ahead and be ready for kidney transplant without getting worried.
Most importantly, spread awareness and help people tackle the situation without any difficulty.