Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. FathimaYour feedback matters!
My wife age 32 year old my wife is having trouble getting pregnant could my sperm be the problem I give some medicine now what I do my age is 38 what I do?
I want to kwn tht. Nipples has itching from 2, 3 days and today on left nipples it was having little bit pain whn I pressed the nipple slightly. I can not understand why it's happening like this.
I have sudden breast secretions. Plain discharge from both breasts with slight pain. What do you suggest me?
I am 47 years old, female with diabetes from past 2 days . I am feeling irritation in my vaginal area please can you help me.
Hello mam mere problem ke last time 5 August main pregnancy test Keiya tha. Or vo positive aaya. Pr mam mere abhi bhi bleeding chal rhe h to mam tension ho rhe h g main test 5 August ko the tha pr mam us time sporting ho rhe the pr abhi to bleeding ho rhe h full.
Hi. My Wife 12 weeks pregnant now. Her gync ob Dr. prescribed her Aspirin 75 mg Daily one tablet After lunch. Is this tablet safe for my wife and baby? Any side effects? What is the use of aspirin during pregnancy?
I had unprotected sex with my gf ,on date 18 may, 21 may is her period date, bt she fell seek frm last two days, sometime her menstruation internal bleeding stop. After some time again start ,i have a doubt is she pregnant ,what we have to do, or their is something els or it may b bleeding of ovulation.
Over the last few decades, the word cholesterol has assumed a different connotation. It has come to be known as a silent killer that spells doom for health. However, what we need to realize is that a certain amount of cholesterol is essential for the proper functioning of the body. The liver produces about 85% of the cholesterol that is required by the body normally. The ever changing food habits have introduced a lot of processed foods that are loaded with saturated fats. Along with this, reduced physical activity has led to accumulation of cholesterol in the blood.
The types of cholesterol are based on the density and we have 2 types of density that is Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) and High Density Lipoprotein (HDL). LDL is more dangerous than HDL, called as bad and good cholesterol respectively. In addition, the triglycerides and lipoprotein are also critical indicators of overall cholesterol levels. Depending on a person's age, height and weight, normal levels are derived for each of these four.
Because of their density of the cholesterol molecules, as they are circulating in the blood stream, they tend to get sluggish and settle down along the walls of the blood vessels, referred to as plaque. This plaque attracts more and more cholesterol from the blood and the layer gets gradually thicker. This reduces the thickness of the blood vessels and in severe cases even completely blocks blood flow to important organs like the brain and heart, leading to severe conditions like stroke and heart attack respectively.
However, it is not always that all cholesterol is bad. It is one of the essential things for the proper body functions with the main functions listed below:
- Each cell in the body requires it to form the cell membrane, the protective layer around the cells
- Synthesis of vitamin D is done with the help of cholesterol, which is very essential for skin health
- It also helps in hormone formation. In addition to steroids, other hormones like testosterone, estrogen, cortisol require cholesterol as a main ingredient
- Formation of neurotransmitters and overall nerve function requires cholesterol. This ensures optimal neurological functioning.
So, as noted above, there are, both good and bad aspects to cholesterol. It is not all that dangerous a thing that it is made out to be. The trick is to maintain a good level of cholesterol so that the body's requirements are met, and at the same time, the harmful effects are kept at bay. Some important parameters to manage, include the percentage of bad cholesterol in the blood and the ratio of triglycerides to HDL in the blood. These are considered fair indicators of heart health and if need be, lifestyle changes and/or medications can be undertaken to manage overall health and reduce risk of heart disease and stroke.
I am married and I want to have sex with my wife but now we both not want to have baby what should we do please help.
Hey How much time to get pregnant after after stopping oral contraceptive pills Iys already 2 months and m not pregnant yet Any advice I hope there is no any kind of problem in pregnancy in future pills are yamini lupin tablets 21 days And 7 days off.
When we do sex my wife expect that I will use my tongue for orgasm. But I feel a loud smell thats why I could not do that. What is the solution?
Please help. My last periods was on 4th July. I had unprotected sex on15 July. Took Ipill next day evening.(16th July). I washed my private part after intercourse as not sure if my partner ejaculated in vagina. Please help. Any medicines to abort incase I get Pregnant? When can I expect my next periods?
Is it safe to intake 5gms of creatine everyday? In that case, if it cause any side effects what I need to do to recover that? Does it really have any side effect if I fail to consume adequate amount of water?
Loss of libido in men :
Lack of desire in men can be of either physical or psychological origin
Alcoholism – quite common.
Abuse of drugs such as cocaine.
Obesity – quite common; slimming down will often help.
Anaemia - unusual, unless the man has been bleeding for any reason.
Hyperprolactinaemia the pituitary gland produces too much of the hormone prolactin.
Prescribed drugs – particularly proscar (finasteride), a tablet used for prostate problems and also medications affecting the brain.
Low testosterone level – contrary to what many people think, this is uncommon, except in cases where some injury or illness has affected the testicles.
Any major disease such as diabetes.
An underactive thyroid gland.
Depression – very common.
Stress and overwork.
Hang-ups from childhood.
Serious relationship problems with your partner.
Get physical check-up, and also any blood tests which the doctor thinks necessary, like a blood count or thyroid tests.
Dhea: short for dehydroepiandrosterone, this neurotransmitter is required for the production of testosterone, the hormone that can rev up sex drive.
Low energy shock wave therapy.
Yoga and meditation.
Bupropion: this antidepressant works by increasing levels of dopamine and norepinephrine, two hormones essential to arousal.
Viagra: for those whose sexual dysfunction is related to taking antidepressants.
Hymenoplasty is also known as hymen surgery. It is a surgical procedure where the hymen within the vagina is restored. The Hymen is a membrane covering the vaginal opening, which can be torn when a woman engages in coitus for the first time or it could be damaged due to other factors such as heavy lifting, exercise, cycling, swimming among many other activities. Hymenoplasty involves putting back the hymen’s torn edges to make it look like the hymen is intact.
Why do women want hymen reconstruction?
A woman would want a hymen reconstruction surgery for a number of reasons. They are:
- Religious reasons: In certain cultures, a woman’s hymen is inspected to make sure she has not engaged in coitus in the past. Virginity is valued highly is such places and if the woman is not a virgin, she may have to face social or even legal ramifications.
- In case of rape or sexual assault victims: In some cases, a rape victim may undergo this surgery to empower herself and feel mentally peaceful.
- Hymen related injuries: Certain factors like heavy exercise or sexual intercourse can cause rupture of the hymen which may cause bleeding, infections or other complications. A woman may want to rectify this with the help of this surgery.
The entire surgical process lasts for about 45-60 minutes. The surgery is carried out in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia. The torn skin membranes are rejoined using dissolvable stitches so that scaring is minimal.
This procedure can be carried out in three ways
1. Joining the torn edges with stitches.
2. An artificial membrane is placed in the area whose function is to behave as an artificial hymen. This hymen however, does not have any blood supply, so a capsule that contains blood can be placed with it.
3. A flap is taken from the vaginal lining, which is used to create a functional hymen with proper blood supply.
4. You can return to your work in about 2-3 days after the surgery. However, the entire healing process takes around two months.
The procedure caries some risks that you should be aware of, they are -
1. Bleeding: Some bleeding is normal after the procedure, but any prolonged case of bleeding may indicate a complication.
2. Infection: Like all surgeries, you may have infections in the concerned area. The doctor may prescribe antibiotics to deal with these infections.
3. Narrowing of the vaginal opening: In some cases, the vaginal opening can become narrow after the procedure. This however, can be resolved without the need for any treatment as it may become wider on its own over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.