Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Fasihuddin AhmedYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor I am always having nasal congestion at one side in nose. I have recently got ct scan and doctor told that there is little mucus in forehead above eye brow and also little narrow in one side of the nose. Please suggest some things to get rid of the nasal congestion. Thanks for your time and suggestions.
My both ears is itching and pain when I wear earring. If I don't wear then the earring hole is block.
I have suffered from bleeding nose for 3 to 4 times in a couple of weeks. I have also been experiencing severe pain in the head recently. Can you please help me with this?
Hello, I want to ask about my mother, She put drops in her nose, When drops go in from right nostril then it feels that medicine has gone in but from left nostril it doesn't feel that much. And also she feels that it is blocked or breathing is less, what should we do for it? We went to ENT doctor, he put camera in nose and told that bone is ok and mass is also ok. He told that some allergy might be there. So he gave Tab Ventocore and Tab Refron L and gave nasal drops. Nothing specific was mentioned. My mother also has gas/burps problem, if it starts then it takes time to stop or need some medicine. She also feels heavy head sometimes. What should we do?
I'm having some rashes in my throat and also I'm having headache and a little bit of fever also. Please guide me with the food and medicines that I should take.
I am 24 years old. I smoke everyday. Rightnow I'm having constant pain in ma throat. So it is bcoz of smoking?
I am of 24 age and before some days I got dizziness like I was feeling my head is circulating whenever I got up or lay down. What cause of reason could be there?
These self-help steps can help relieve sinusitis symptoms:
1. Get good rest. This will help your body fight infection and speed recovery.
2. Drink plenty of fluids: Like, water or juice. This will help dilute mucous secretions and promote drainage. Avoid beverages that contain caffeine or alcohol, as they can be dehydrating.
3. Sleep with your head elevated. This will help your sinuses drain, reducing congestion.
4. Moisten your sinus cavities: Drape a towel over your head as you breathe in the vapour from a bowl of hot water. Or take a hot shower. This will help ease pain and help mucus drain.
5. Apply warm compresses to your face. Place warm, damp towels around your nose, cheeks and eyes to ease facial pain.
Click on consult privately to ask me any questions regarding Sinus or other ENT-related issues.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I suffer from tinnitus from 3-4 yrs. It started after I got herpes on my right chick. Herpes was treated in 20 to 30 days but tinnitus does not stop. have gone throw many doctors and have medicines for more then 1 years bt nothing change. It is as it is. please show me some medicine or diet by which I feel free from this tinnitus. I m tired of this. This have started hearing loss to me.
No wheezing no cough still difficulty in breathing 16hours from 24hours and sometimes feeling like something is there in my throat no pain while swallowing. Acid reflux is also there sometimes. No pain in stomach. But I feel like stomach is tight. Stool color is green. please help me.
Sir I have small inflammations on the pharynx layer ie. Back to the throat. What is the cause of it? and which medicines that I have to take? please answer me sir.
Hi I 24 years old, I have nose block problem (left side heavy).From last 1 year, once left side get, right side will get blocked, I have visited so many doctors till now, but I didnt get solution, I lost believe, so please can any body advise on it.
I went swimming yesterday, I can hear less from my left ear now and it is hurting. Please tell me what I can do?
Hi Doctors, Please help me I'm 18 weeks pregnant & suffering from soar throat for past 4 days with headache with temperature 98-99 I'm really scared my tummy feels cold some time please help me please.
Nosebleed is a condition wherein blood vessels burst in the nasal lining. Nosebleeds are fairly common and it is rarely a serious condition.
- Anterior nosebleed: It is caused by the eruption of a blood vessel at the tip of the nose. Anterior nosebleeds are generally easy to control by yourself or by a doctor.
- Posterior nosebleed: It is a rare type of nosebleed. Posterior nosebleed mostly occurs in older people. It occurs when an artery bursts behind the nose, which causes the blood to flow down the throat. Posterior nosebleeds are, thus, dangerous, and they need immediate medical attention.
- There are numerous causes of nosebleeds. The most common cause of nosebleeds is dry air. Dry climates dehydrate the nasal membranes (internal nasal tissues). This dryness leads to crusting which can cause irritation or itching.
- Also, if you pick or scratch your nose too much, it can start to bleed.
- Decongestants for allergies, sinus infection or cold and antihistamines can make the nasal membranes dry and cause nosebleeds as well.
Some other causes of nosebleeds include:
- Some sort of foreign object stuck in the nasal cavity
- Allergic reactions
- Repeated sneezing
- Nose injuries (For example, car accidents, a punch to the face, etc.)
- Chemical irritants
- Cold air
- Respiratory Infection
- Consuming high doses of aspirin-high dosage thins the blood down, thus triggering nosebleeds
There are other rarer causes as well, such as:
There are various type of nosebleed that can be caused by a variety of conditions. While some of them may not be too serious, one must never ignore heavy and persistent nosebleed. Nosebleeds are of two kinds: anterior nosebleed and posterior nosebleed. While 90% of all nosebleeds are anterior nosebleeds, the posterior nosebleeds are far less common and may be slightly more serious in nature. An anterior nosebleed is usually caused in the blood vessels that lie on the front portion of the nose and can be controlled easily. A posterior nosebleed usually comes from damage to an artery in the rear portion of the nose. Infection, trauma, allergic reactions and other such causes may be behind a nosebleed.
Let us cast a glance on the tips to prevent nosebleeds.
- Salt water and saline nose drops can be used in order to prevent nosebleeds. It is important to take these on a regular basis in case you are experiencing these nosebleeds on a regular basis.
- You can also visit your doctor, who may prescribe blood thinners so that the blood does not clot and lead to a nosebleed. You will need to ensure that you take such medication only when the doctor prescribes the same.
- The use of painkillers like Aspirin and other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs must be limited. Sometimes, taking such medication too frequently may lead to nosebleeds.
- You would do well to control your blood pressure because hypertension and other forms of high blood pressure can also cause nosebleeds. Lifestyle changes like your diet and exercise can help in keeping a more stable blood pressure level so that you do not fall prey to frequent nosebleeds.
- Humidify your home with a humidifier so that the air does not get too dry. Many times, this causes nosebleeds. Also, you may want to keep the heat down in the bedrooms. Many nosebleeds happen due to too warm temperatures while you are sleeping.
- Nose picking should also be discouraged as it can lead to nosebleeds in case there is a scratch or any other kind of damage when you try to force the dirt out.
- It has also been found that smoking has a connection with nosebleeds. This can be fixed if the patient quits smoking.
- One should not use nasal sprays without a prescription from a doctor. This also includes antihistamines, decongestants as well as other medicated sprays. These may not suit the patient at all times, and may also lead to nosebleeds.
In the event of a nosebleed, you will need to lean forward with your head tilted backwards. This will stem the bleeding. If it is possible, you must also try and lie down immediately for a few minutes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.