Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Farha Dheeba KhanYour feedback matters!
Hello. Myself satnam singh. I am from nagpur. I want to ask you that recently I am having pain in my nerves when I urinate. It looks like somethings rubs my penis's nerve. Why it happens to me.
My husband age 42 he had diabetes from last year yesterday he checks his sugar test before eating he has 158 and after eating he had 221 and thyroid 7.42. He taking homeopath with English medicine (I. E. Geminor m) and for thyroid 25 mig. Sir actually I want to know that he taking this medicine from one year it is okay or he should change to other medicines. Please give advice to me.
Hello Sir I am 21 year old female. My legs are paining too much in night time. I am unable to sleep due to severe pain. This is happening daily. I woke up every 15 min due to this. Please can you help me. With thia situation?
I have suffering from little gas problem, due to this I m assuming that I have back pain from this gas problem please prescribe me medicine or advice.
How to get rid of periodic headaches that are causing immense pain everyday please suggest me some medicines.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.
6: 30am- 1 cup of tea (or) milk, without sugar.
2 high fibre biscuit.
8: 00am- 3 idly's (or) 2 dosa (medium size), along with
Mint / tomato chutney.
11: 00am- 1 glass buttermilk along with green salad / sprouts.
1: 30pm- 3 cup of rice along with 1 cup of sambhar / dal along
With 1 cup of vegetable curry / 3 piece
Chicken (medium size)
4: 00pm- 1 cup of tea (or) milk, without sugar.
3 high fibre biscuit / 1cup fruit salad (or) sprouts.
8: 00pm- 3 chappati with 1cup dal (or) vegetable curry.
Avoid refined sugar and sugar products, ground nut, potatoes.