Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Farida AkbarYour feedback matters!
I got married on July 3, normally I am heavy flow for 4 days. But on July 24 th my menses is not normal, it was blood spot on urine and pad only 1 and half days that also not fully flow. I am having symptoms of headache, vomiting, backache, stomach pain, chest pain and there is some changes in my body, over tired and feet pain. So please suggest.
1. It counteracts the effects of weight-promoting genes. Harvard medical researchers looked at 32 obesity-promoting genes in over 12,000 people to determine how much these genes actually contribute to body weight. They then discovered that, among the study participants who walked briskly for about an hour a day, the effects of those genes were cut in half.
2. It helps tame a sweet tooth. 15-minute walk can curb cravings for chocolate and even reduce the amount of chocolate you eat in stressful situations. And the latest research confirms that walking can reduce cravings and intake of a variety of sugary snacks.
Walking for 2.5 hours a week — that’s just 21 minutes a day — can cut your risk of heart disease by 30%. In addition, this do-anywhere, no-equipment-required activity has also been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes and cancer, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and keep you mentally sharp.
3. It reduces the risk of developing breast cancer. Researchers already know that any kind of physical activity blunts the risk of breast cancer. But an American Cancer Society study that zeroed in on walking found that women who walked seven or more hours a week had a 14% lower risk of breast cancer than those who walked three hours or fewer per week. And walking provided this protection even for the women with breast cancer risk factors, such as being overweight or using supplemental hormones.
4. It eases joint pain. Several studies have found that walking reduces arthritis-related pain, and that walking five to six miles a week can even prevent arthritis from forming in the first place. Walking protects the joints — especially the knees and hips, which are most susceptible to osteoarthritis — by lubricating them and strengthening the muscles that support them.
5. It boosts immune function. Walking can help protect you during cold and flu season. A study of over 1,000 men and women found that those who walked at least 20 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week, had 43% fewer sick days than those who exercised once a week or less. And if they did get sick, it was for a shorter duration, and their symptoms were milder.
During pregnancy 8th week . We did sex n I leave semen into vagina. Is there any problem to baby or mom.
Prescribed and taking the medicines rabicip20, zyloric and thyronorm, my complans are 1 in the morning ancle pain, whole day leg muscle pain and feeling sleepy, this month I was having a healthy mensturation, for the last four months it was severe belly pain, joint pains before the starting of periods.
Hi, I am two months pregnant can I travel with train or flight is it safe for me its very urgent to go but I am scared of miscarriage please help to take right decision.
Dear Doctors, My wife R. Rajalakshmi 53 years old still having menses problem, having heavy bleeding, still she has not got her menopause, why we are going to get our 60 the Marriage on 30.7. 2016, that time she should not have this bleeding problem, what we have to do. Please help us Regards V. R. Ravi 7502233727.
My 10 weeks pregnant. She have UTI. For that her gyn. doctor prescribed cefuroxime axetil 500 mg 2 times for a day. Is this safe for mother and baby?
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should see a doctor for scans and tests.
Related Tip: Physiotherapeutic Approaches for Sports Injuries?
Hi doctor, trying to conceive. I have done my follicular scan with doctors instruction. The study goes as follows: Day 9- Right ovary follicles - 9x8 mm, left - 13x9, endometrium thickness 7mm. DAY 12 - right - 8mm, left - 16x9, endometrium thickness 7mm. Day 15 - right 9x8, left - 17x10, endometrium thickness - 9mm and the impression is - posterior wall myoma 2.7cm. Radiologist also mentioned to me that I have fibroid. How would this affects my plan for pregnancy or even in the later stages.? What treatments needs to be undergone to solve the matter. Please advise.
I have married since 8 years. There is no baby till date. We are consulting several doctors in these days, IUI done 5 times, when 1st IUI done conceive done but after 1 month passed then abortion takes place, then doctor continuing IUI but there is no value, then I stopped the above procedure. Then I continued ayurvedic medicines but there is no value at that time. Then we meet a gynecology doctor last 3 months, he prescribed me to eat 1. APCOD SACHET 2. CYCLOSET SYRUP FOR 2 MONTHS Then we further visit in the month FEB. 2016 Then prescribed me to eat OVASHIELD DS to start 3rd of mensuration along with two medicines My mensuration cycle is 5 day s before date and I am 35 years lady After continuing the above medicines my period occurs 5 day after my period date. During the past period to last period we are suffering the following symptoms 1. More urine occurs 2. Sleeping disorder at night 3. Worm biting. Today is 5th day of mensuration, in the above medicines, only APCOD SACHET IS RUNNING, BUT Dr. prescribed GESTOFIT-400 SR TO ADD IN THE 18TH DAY OF mensuration TO 25TH DAY OF mensuration. MY QUESTION IS, IN THE ABOVE MEDICINES WHICH MEDICINES ARE APPROPRIATE TO BE USED FROM THE DAY-5TH. PLEASE BRIEFLY DESCRIBED THE MEDICINES AND ITS USES.
I am 35 year old female having a six year old daughter. Recently I go through body test. My tsh is 3.5 ulu/ml, total cholesterol 170mg/ dl, hdl is 25.52, ldl is 111.8, vldl serum is 32.6, triglyceride is 16.3, ldl/ hdl is 4.384. What should I do?
Hi sir. Me & my wife wants to conceive. about one and a half months ago, has been operated Vericocele. Can you tell us how many months will take to increase my sperm count. My sperm count was 6 million before operate & motility was 23%. please suggest?
Hello Dr. mujhe yeah, puchna, hai, ki medicines lene k bad mujhe periods aa te hai mujhe app koi medicines baato jis se mujhe app, ne app periods aye Dr. jab tak yeah problem hal nahi ho gi tab tak mujhe pregnancy nahi ho sakti so please help me. I have need a baby.
I feel so fatigued all time, pain on both sides of abdomen. Lower abdomen pain and also discharge from vagina. Had fistulectonomy surgery 2 months back. But still feel pain in that area and can see some pus around. I do not know whats the issue. My concern is do I have any other underlying medical condition which is causing all these issues?
Am Meeting my husband on June 15 to 17th June, and I intend to have sex for the 1st time. I will b delaying my periods for a week (from 7th to 14th may) using primolut n due to an occasion. I intend to start oral Contraceptives from the day I get periods after that (I. E approx 15th may) Till what time I need to continue ocps-Till 17th June or 15th july? please answer specific date til which I have to continue my Ocp.
Hi, this is for my wife she is feeling very much pain while we are having intercourse. However we are spending sufficient time in foreplay but still she is not feeling well so please suggest any medicines for this?
I have pcod and last 7 month I got treatment for this and my period also regular last 7moth and Dr. took clofert tablet now I am not get period 42 days it is possible get pregnant.
3. The same substance is harmless in similar amounts for the majority of people.