Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Farida AkbarYour feedback matters!
We were married 1 year ago. We never wanted children so took care and precautions while having sex. Every month her menstrual cycle is good. We are going to a devotional tour for 5 days from 25th February to 1st March. But the problem is that she's not having menses till now. Her menstruation date is 17th. But she's not. So She decided to use medicine. But she's in confusion that whether to use medicine to have menses. Or wait until 25th and use medicine to stop menses for 5 days. I request please mention medicine for both the conditions with dosage along with your suggestions. Tablets to have menses.? Immediately Tablets to stop menses. For 5 days.
I am 25 year female and have mensuration problem from 2 month. I think I am pregnant because I use preganews for check, I use prega three times first time it's show negative and then 2 and 3 time it's show positive .what can I do now if I am pregnant I am not ready for that what can I do now?
What should I do to decrease my stomach fat after my operation of my pregnancy and know my baby is of 3 month old.
I was advised to continue krimson 35 for 6 months as I am diagnosed with pcod. My six month course has finished. What should I do if I miss my period?
My wife is 49 years old breast feeding 1 year 2 month old baby girl. Now she notice vaginal liquid discharge. Is it a symptom of menopause? Is there medical support to elongate menstrual cycle?
Last 5 day I am suffering form vaginal infection and today I have black discharge once after that its came white is any serious issue.
My wife is tested with amh is about 0. 4, is it hope that she can conceive? as married last 8 years. Kindly suggest. Thanks
I have completed 14 weeks of pregnancy and my first combined test (First trimester test+ NT scan) looks fine. Doctor recommended next scan (Anomaly scan) on 19 weeks. Here my question is do I need to start any vitamin tablet now. Also can anyone tell me what are all other scan and medication I need to take for normal pregnancy and followed by natural delivery. Thanks, Tapaswini.
I am 22 years old, have pcod. My regular cycle date was 18 sep 2016 ,that day I had intercourse. And it's 20th Sep do not have my periods. And the semen was slight inside rest outside, should I take ipill?
How much day work Unwanted 72 after take a pill. If I will take a pill today then how much day I can enjoy with my husband without taking again any pill of unwanted 72.
Hello Doctor, I am 26 year old married (8 months, My wife (23 year) feels pains in her organ during trying intercourse. We did not intercourse till date as she refuses do that. She also anaemia patient, also does not shows interest in sex. Please suggest how she can get out from it, is medicine can help her?
Any surgery that requires an incision will involve sutures or staples as the last step of the procedure. This helps close the incision and keep out infections. Taking care of your stitches can help limit scarring and discomfort and speed up the healing process. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Keep it clean and dry: For the first few days, use a washed wet cloth to clean the incision site. After a few days, you may start washing the area with soap and water unless advised else wise by your doctor. Ensure that you dry the skin thoroughly after washing it. Avoid baths that involve soaking the area in water. Also, avoid swimming. Do not use any powders, lotions, creams, deodorants etc on the wound site.
- Look out for signs of infections: Avoid activities that may involve exposing your wound to dirty water, chemicals, dust etc. This increases your risk of infections. Also look out for signs f infections such as redness, swelling, pus or bleeding, fever or increased pain from the wound. In case you notice such signs, consult your doctor at the earliest.
- Do not scratch: As it heals, your skin is likely to turn itchy. However, refrain from scratching so as to reduce chances of infections. Do not try and pull away from the scab but let it fall off on its own. This will also help limit scarring.
- Limit contact: Avoid wearing tight clothes or anything that sticks to the skin while your wound is healing. Instead have plenty of loose, comfortable clothes easily accessible. Also, do not take part in close contact sports such as football etc until the stitches have healed completely.
- Change your dressing regularly: A dressing should be changed as soon as it gets wet or soaked with blood or other body fluids. Wear clean medical gloves while changing a dressing. When putting on a new dressing do not touch the inside of the dressing or apply any creams on the stitches unless advised so by your doctor. In the case of removable stitches, the doctor will usually remove the stitches after a few days. DO not attempt to pull the stitches out on your own.
- Avoid exposing the wound to sunlight: New skin that forms as the incision heals is very sensitive to sunlight and gets sunburnt very easily. Limiting your exposure to sunlight can help reduce the effects of scarring.