Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. F M Moinuddin AhmedYour feedback matters!
I got my c3r done in my both eyes (right in august & left in nov, I feel like rubbing my eyes so much, I usually rub them but not too much. Will it affect my c3r operation. If I continue my rubbing will my keratoconus get worse? Also how long would it take for my power to stabilise?
My grandfather has lost an eye during eye operation. The eyeball of one of his eye has become white, because of which he cannot see with that eye. He can see only with 1 eye. So I just want to ask that doctors use the body parts of a dead body such as eye, hand, leg, kidney and other parts of a dead body for old people or not?
Hi I am 39 years old male. My foreskin has some scratch of a thing. It doesn't get rolled back normally, I can do it but with lots of burning and p.while intercourse using condoms it's ok. Otherwise also it's ok. But it cannot be done normally. Also I have got a boil kind of thing on my upper eye lid. It does not pain at all. BIt's since last month.please help me
I have sight problem in my left eye, right eye have normal power. What is better treatment for me instead of specs.
I am feeling some eye problem like from long days my eye irritating 2-3 times in a day on corner side and getting red only corner. What I should do.
I have some eye problems a week I can't see a more distance please suggests so I will take proper treatment.
Hi I am unable to learn in my class. I am very dull in my class can you help me to learn and get good number in my class please help me.
He have eye problem in long sight. He wait for good doctor as soon as possible. Please reply urgently.
1. Use good posture when sitting with your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
2. Give your eyes a break from looking at a computer screen every 20 minutes.
3. Properly adjust lighting in your home and the brightness of you monitors.
4. Blink. Don’t worry, there are not scary statues of angels trying to get you!
5. Eat healthy fruits and veggies to improve vision health.
6. Take care of your glasses and contacts.
I have shortsighted vision of power -7.0 and -6.5 and planning to undergo surgery. Based on the tests conducted the surgeon claimed since the corneal thickness is less I have to undergo ICL surgery instead of LASIK. Also, I was given an option of IPCL as well which is similar to ICL but the lens is India made also there is a quite price variance in both of the above. I'm in dilemma to choose among the two ICL or IPCL? Please suggest.
specs number increased. Suffering from high headache from last three days. Last night high headache and feelings ants running (tingling) in head. What is the reason. Is that normal.
I am a software engineer so when I am looking at system for some time my eyes are getting red and water is coming from eyes. So shall I want to take spects?
I am suffering from Myopia. I started using spectacles in 2013. Now I want to get rid of my specs. What should be the simple ways for getting rid of specs? And I don't want any kind of eye surgery.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health.