Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Eshika
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. EshikaYour feedback matters!
My daughter 3.3yrs old suffers from cough very often even her nose is blocked and nothing comes out she has that problem when she lies down therefore hinders in sound sleep
Mera baby 1 month ka he. Use kabhi kabhi ulti hoti he. Me ye puchna chahti hu ke use ulti hone ke kitne time ke bad me use feeding karva sakti hu?
Dear sir, my new born child head is affected with some like badda, please advice how to remove this from head ?
My daughter 2.8 years age often complaints about stomachache; more often before passing stool. What can be the reason and what is the remedy.
Useful facts you should know:
1. After birth we can wait 24 hrs for first poop and 48 hrs for pee. If it is not immediately consult your doctor.
2. First 2 to 3 days baby can pass black stool which is called meconium so don't worry about black stool.
3. First two to three days after birth baby had concentrated urine rich of urate so we can get orange colured in diaper sometimes.
4. Sometimes baby can cry and irritated before passing urine or stool because of weak bladder and anal canal muscles which is strengthen with time.
5. If baby cry every time during and after passing urine we have to consult doctor for urinary infection.
6. Red colured urine or stool is always pathological immediately consult your doctor.
7. Neonate can pass stool ten to twelves times a day if baby is active and accepting feed well. Once in a week interval is also normal for breast feed baby.
8. Ash coloured stool is always pathological it is due neonatal cholestheasis.
9. Sometimes breast feed baby passes green cloured stool, it is mainly due to consumption of formilk only. It is advisable feed one breast at a time so baby can get formilk, midmilk and hind milk.
10. Sometimes newborn baby pass small amount of stool during micturition or crying it is normal if baby is active and accepting feed well.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly. This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!