Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ElangaovanYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old girl I think my teeth have some problem what can I do 1. Sensitivity problem 2. Its not strong tell me the complete solution.
I am suffering from tooth ache due to space in between 2 molars. However, when I visited the dentist he said no to fill in the space stating that the space is too small and no filling will stay and as there is not any cavity there so the filling is not required. Please suggest some solution to it.
I feel pain in my teeth from 1 week and take painkiller but some relaxation in pain but feel a small guilty in my mouth below right teeth please kindly give me good suggestion?
My mother is 47 years old. Her teeth are becoming brittle . I mean they are breaking in very tiny pieces. What does this mean? Is it low calcium? What are the prevention methods for this. Thanks in advance.
Getting your teeth cleaned may give you more than a sparkling white smile -- it may give you something to smile about, like your health.
In a large study, people who had their teeth professionally scaled at least once every two years were 24% less likely to have a heart attack, compared with those who skipped the hygienist. Scaling cleans between the gums and the teeth.
And their risk of stroke dropped by 13%, says study researcher zu-yin chen, md, a cardiology fellow at the veterans general hospital in Taipei, Taiwan.
I am 20 years old girl my teeth is burning I have so much pain I cont eat anything I shown a doctor he give me a tablet zerodol-p and he said to do cut or operation so please give me a suggestion.
I have dental bridge in my upper haw for last five years. Now I m thinking to take dental implants. So I want suggestion. Also as of now no problem in the bridge its look stable. Kindly give me right guidance.
Sir, my lower jaw have been fractured on 4.3.15 and the Dr. Had done the fixed wiring.Then I come to home from my work place. Then after 2 weeks. The thin wire holding the both jaws got loose. After 3 weeks doctor has removed the thin wire. But I am confused that my bone is healed or what. Would it will be normal?
Your tongue not only helps you in tasting, kissing, chewing or talking, but also helps in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. Since your tongue is exposed to a lot of bacteria and acid while you eat, taking proper care of it is of utmost importance. Not doing so can lead to the development of a whitish layer over your tongue, along with giving rise to bad breath. Not only that, an excess of bacteria on your tongue is harmful for your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
When you clean your tongue properly, you enhance your sense of taste and bid adieu to a host of oral health problems. Here are some handy tips on taking care of your tongue:
- Cleaning your tongue every time you brush with a tongue cleaner can put an end to bacteria growth in your mouth. Make sure to use either a tongue cleaner or a toothbrush with a dedicated tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. Also, clean your tongue in a downward motion to expel all the accumulated bacteria, and never apply a lot of pressure when doing so.
- Apply a thin layer of your toothpaste on your tongue before cleaning it. This makes removing bacteria from your tongue that much easier.
- After every time you're done cleaning your tongue, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Also, make sure to use a mouthwash once in a while, as that keeps foul odour at bay. Although, using a mouthwash daily is not advised as it can cause dryness in the mouth.
- A saline water solution to rinse your mouth can keep your tongue clean. All you need is a glass of lukewarm water with half a teaspoon of salt for this.
- Drinking green tea is particularly good for your tongue as it reduces the bacteria in your mouth to a great extent, preventing various oral health problems as a result.
- Foods that are high on natural or added colours (such as berries, black grapes or orange ice popsicles) should be avoided as they leave a thin layer of color behind on your tongue, which can mar its appearance.
- Sometimes, a whitish layer on your tongue can be a sign of a fungal infection, in which case you should go for a professional clean-up.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your tongue as it helps in washing out all the accumulated food and bacteria. Also, discoloration of the tongue can often be caused by dehydration, which is why drinking adequate amounts of water that is 10-12 glasses a day is vital.
Related Tip: "5 Reasons To Get Regular Dental Cleaning"
I have a tooth whose order is not correct it went somewhat deeper than the other teeth can I be able to set the order of my teeth please help me.
My daughter is 3 years n 9 months old. She is suffering from ear pain since morning 6 am. And telling that she has pain under jaw. May be tonsils. No fever. Can I give crocin ds for her pain relief or can you suggest any other medicine?
It’s a little known fact that Garlic is very effective when it comes to battling bad breath. Garlic is a natural cleanser and an antibiotic. It helps the body to push out the decaying food particles stuck to the intestinal walls while also killing the harmful bacterium present therein. Food stuck in your gut generally makes your breath smell foul. It’s your body’s way of telling you to clean your stomach.
To get rid of bad breath, simply mince 3-5 cloves of Garlic and swallow with a small glass of milk. You can also add a pinch of parsley to the mix for added effectiveness.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.