Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. EkambaramYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old girl and I have dark complexion soo I want to lighten it I had used home remedies plzzzz help me out of this give me advice what to do?
Hii doctor!! I'm a girl of 18 years. I have dark circles on my face near eyes. They look very bad. Some people say that it is due to lack of calcium while other say due to heredity and some other factors. What should I do to remove them and what may be the actual reason for them. I really want to remove them from my face. They look very bad and they affect the beauty of my face. I request you to please give me suggestions regarding this problem thanking you..
I wanna be fair so would you like to recomdend some skin cream? need some night cream. Iam 22 year male.
Sir since 1 month I have mild fresh blood just surface the stool. No pain. Some time bloating abdominal. Some time mucus in stool. I done protoscopy. Doctor says very tiny internal pile. Sir please help me what is the reason of blood?
Sir I had various skin problems from my childhood days. It started with the bulginess of skin same like a mosquito bite we that it just'pitta' but it wasnt because of particular kind of food after some years it stopped. Den right from 7 th standard I am suffering major acne problem which have destroyed my skin almost. In between I used to have itching at my elbow part and then it grew like pustule but without pus. Now I still have major acne issue and from last 2 years m facing new problem related to hands. My hands get completely dry and rough and in between the finger region and on the palm some red dots appear which cause itching. Please tell me whats it. and get me out of this thing. please help
I suffering from premature aging of skin. What should the best treatment of it without any side effects?
I am a girl of 20 yes. I hav a problem of dull n oily skin. My skin is sensitive and it gets too dark when come in contact with sun.
I hv a problem of pimples on my face. Pimples come frequently. Bt I never try any medical treatment for this. So please tell me, what shall I do to clean my face?
I have black spots on my face I try many spots removal creams but I did not see any changes. What can I do?
When the natural moisture content of your skin begins to dry up, you experience dry skin. Although it is a temporary skin condition which occurs mainly during the winter or in a generally dry climate, for some people, it could be a problem for a lifetime.
Naturally dry skin tendencies v/s drying of other skin types
Naturally, the water content of a healthy skin is around 10 to 20 percent. This natural moisture level can dwindle due to many factors and the skin may show signs of drying. Thus you may end up getting dry, flaky, itchy and lifeless skin. People with naturally dry skin experience 75 percent more water loss than normal skin. Since the skin loses water and sebum (the oil secretion from the sebaceous glands within the skin), the topmost layer of the skin begins to dry. As a result, the top layer starts peeling away. These skin peels are called flakes.
- You can experience dry skin due to excessively cold weather, which in most cases is accompanied by a lack of humidity.
- Again, if your skin is exposed to too much heat or skin drying conditions like sauna baths or prolonged hot showers, you experience dry skin.
- Applying skin cleansing materials or chemicals can also make the skin dry.
- Some internal disorders like illness or infection can make your skin dry.
When you have a perennially dry skin, you should moisturize it daily to keep it hydrated. You should consult a dermatologist for picking out the right skin cream for your skin. The appropriate moisturizer, if you have very dry skin should be oil or petroleum based. When you purchase the prescribed moisturizer or lotion, make sure you buy something which contains vitamin E, Shea Butter and Avocado Oil. Since these moisturizing agents aren’t water based , they can lock in the skin moisturizer effectively.
Advantages of moisturising regularly
- Dry skin is prone to wrinkle formation – When you moisturize daily, the collagen levels of your skin are restored, which can then effectively fight wrinkling and aging of your skin.
- Prevents flakiness – Since the upper layer of your skin starts peeling off, your skin may appear dull, lifeless and flaky. The condition worsens when there is a cold weather outside. Moisturizing your skin daily will make your skin get a natural glow and stop flaking form occurring in the first place.
- Reduces itchiness: Moreover, daily moisturizing will make your skin less itchy.
- Moisturising reduces the negative effects of makeup: Not moisturizing dry skin will make it look less hydrated. Applying makeup on your dry skin directly is the worst thing you can do. This may spoil your makeup and make it look creasy and broken. Thus, you should keep your skin hydrated by applying moisturiser regularly.