Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ehthasham NayazYour feedback matters!
Patients suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome experience severe abdominal pain, abdominal bloating along with cramping, gas, constipation and a constant urge to go to the toilet again and again. IBS is a health disorder where the large intestine or the colon is affected. This condition is a chronic one and requires long-term management. The symptoms are usually worse after eating and tend to occur in episodes. Although the disorder cannot be reversed, several symptoms can be managed or controlled by making lifestyle and dietary modifications. Most patients with IBS will experience flare-ups that last for a few days. For others, medical treatment is required.
Treatment and Care
Different procedures are used to treat IBS, which vary from person to person. However, one single treatment does not work with everyone.
Lifestyle and Dietary changes:
By making several basic modifications to your regular diet and activities, IBS improves with time. Here are some tips:
- You should avoid caffeine in any form such as coffee, tea or soda.
- You should increase the amount of fiber in your diet and include vegetables, fruits, whole grains and nuts.
- You must drink three to four glasses of water regularly.
- Smoking should be abstained from.
- You must undertake relaxation techniques and work out in order to reduce stress.
- Your amount of dairy product consumption must be reduced.
- You should eat frequent, small meals instead of fewer large meals.
- The most common food triggers, which lead to IBS are green onions, red wine, milk and red peppers. You should not consume these products.
- You should keep a record of the types of food you consume so that you can identify the IBS triggering food items.
- You should eliminate high gas producing food items from your diet. Food items which may result in passing excess amount of gas such as carbonated vegetables and vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower should not be consumed.
Several medicines are used to treat IBS. These include the following:
- Antispasmodics are used to control muscle spasms in the large intestine.
- Antidiarrhoeal medicines are used to control the symptoms of diarrhoea.
- Laxatives are prescribed for relief from constipation.
- Bulking agents like wheat bran and corn fibers are used to slow down the food movement through the digestive system. They also relieve symptoms.
- Antidepressants are also used in case of some patients with IBS for relief.
- In patients, whose symptoms occur due to bacterial overgrowth in the intestines, certain antibiotics may be used for treatment.
There are several triggers of IBS, which must be identified and treatment should be undertaken after that. For the proper identification and best treatment of IBS which suits your symptoms, it is essential you consult a gastroenterologist. Alternative treatment methods such as acupuncture, using certain herbs and probiotics can also be followed.
Hi meri Mummi ke eyes ke neeche dark circles horhe hai kaafi saalo se yeh jaate nhi hai iska bhut illaz krwaya hai lekin yh thik nhi hote please iska koi solution btaiye jisse yeh thik hojae please aur mere bhi chohte chohte pimples ho rhe hai face pr yh bhi nhi jaate mai 17 saal k a hu yh 4 saal se horhe hai isko bhi bhut doctor pr dikha diya lekin km hojate hai phir dwai chod deta hu phir hojate hai please iska bhi solution btaiye.
Dear doctors. I'm 23 years old girl. I'm overweight my weight is now 88 kg. I'm a student and I don't have time for gym thats why i'm now on diet and i'm thinking to buy exercise bike (cycle) for my home as I can practise in home. Is it ok for me? I've belly fat and I don't usually work out. Want to know is this exercise bike (cycle) good for me?
My brother is suffering from psoriasis and he consulted many doctors and take medicine but he didn't get rid of it suggest me.
I have internal pain in my hip. From the last 2 days. Dere is no external pain. Bt it is very much difficult 4 me 2 walk. It pains wen I walk. It is less in morning. Nd at night I feel very much pain. I cnt evn walk at night.
Hi I have premature ejaculation problem since age of 15. I used to masturbate regularly. I start getting wet if I just start thinking about sex. I get instant erection. During defecation or urinating, seamen also leaks. My dick lies dormant n lifeless but when I think about sex, it gets erect immediately n I get wet. I am unmarried. Any suggestions will help lot.
Alopecia or alopecia areata is more commonly known as spot baldness. It is a serious condition that makes a person lose his or her hair in round patches. The patches increase in number over time. Alopecia could affect your scalp and can also result in hair loss from other parts of the body. Alopecia is an auto immune problem and causative factors of which are still not known. However, certain triggering factors, such as stress, which is the biggest culprit along with other factors like thyroid problems, genetic tendencies, drug abuse, hormonal changes or medications can lead to such a disorder.
Naturopathic ways of dealing with Alopecia:
- Chinese hibiscus can come to your rescue: Alopecia is mainly caused due to weak, undernourished hair follicles. Chinese hibiscus is known to deal with the problem effectively. The petals of this flower, when used in combination with dandelion oil, add strength to your hair follicles. It also repairs hair damage. The oil should be applied on the scalp at least twice a week for noticeable results.
- Fenugreek is a great way to tackle problems of hair loss: Fenugreek is rich in proteins and organic compounds. These compounds are effective in building up the defence mechanism of your scalp. Fenugreek regulates hormones in the human body in such a way that a stark re-growth of hair follicles is noticed in many cases.
- Try using green tea creatively: Many people resort to green tea to lead a healthy way of life. While drinking two cups of this inimitable concoction twice daily, remember to use its liquor on the bald patches of your scalp as well. Absorb the drink on a piece of cloth and massage it on the affected areas of your scalp. Catechins, saponins and antioxidants present in this kind of tea help in regeneration of cells on the scalp.
- Graphites can do wonders: Alopecia can also be characterized by itchy eruptions on your scalp. These eruptions may or may not contain pus like fluids. Patchy baldness, especially on the sides of your head, can be dealt with by taking this medicine. A person who shows intolerance towards cold and has an excess of adipose tissues can be treated with Graphites.
- Mezereum is a sought after homeopathic medication: If alopecia areata makes hair fall in the cups of your hand each time you comb, Mezereum should be one's first and foremost choice. The skin of your scalp might be crusting, or you might have rashes in the bald circles. Mezereum will cure these symptoms by fighting off the condition in itself.
However, over-the-counter medication is not suitable for all patients as the causative factors will differ from patient to patient, thus it is important to always consult a trained practitioner as the right dosage and potency will be decided by the doctor.
Hello doctor my mother's age is 48. They are suffering from severe headache and they also had migrain problem from 12 years. Their head aches daily. They take pain killers daily like neprad, saradon, disprin to get relief. Their neck also pains alot. What should we do to cure them. Even when they travels their headache increase and vomiting starts. Please tell me any solution of these problems
My periods are late. Dr. Suggested me mensoon tablets 3tablets per day for 3 days. I completed my course today. For how many day will my periods occur? can periods occur durin the dosage?
How prevent asthmatic deceases? It is dangerous to health? Is it cure with home medicine? Do asthma affect sexual life? Can asthma cure completely with any medicine? Any side effects?
Help doc. I have a big problem of my tummy. What exercise I should do to control this. please suggest me.
Respected sir, I am 28 years old. I am suffered in skin allergy in face (mosaic) and scare in hand. How to remove?
I am 21 year old female. I am facing acne and tanning problem. Pls suggest me what should I do to get clean, acne and tan free skin.
I have a chest problem. My one breast is bigger with some hard fat inside and also covered uo with large nipple area. And another one is ok. With no fat and normal nipple. So what should I do.?
Hello sir, my ten months child was fallen from the bed and he is vomiting and he is suffering from hernia so please sir what to do sir Please help me sir, l very scared for this Thanks.
I am female 22 years of age and had problem of headache since long. Sometimes it exceeds so much That I feel that my head will burst. Pls give suggestion.
In laymen’s language, people use several random terms to describe heart attack and heart related diseases. Some of them are not related with heart or cardiovascular system at all.
I am listing here some commonly misunderstood conditions:
Stroke is Heart Attack.
Stroke is not related to heart. Stroke occurs when there is loss of blood (read oxygen) supply to brain. The insufficiency of nutrient rich blood towards brain leads to a ‘brain attack’, not a ‘heart attack’. This may lead to impaired movement, speech, thinking, emotional control and other functions of body.
People generally confuse the term ‘stroke’ with something related to heart.
Cardiac Arrest is Heart Attack.
Cardiac arrest is not heart attack. When a person’s heart stops pumping blood and he ceases to breathe normally, then it is called a cardiac arrest.
Wherein, a heart attack occurs when a coronary arteries becomes blocked by a blood clot or plaque. The heart muscles get robbed of its blood supply will begin to die because of oxygen deprivation, if immediate medical intervention is not given.
Heart Failure is Heart Attack.
Heart Failure, again, is not heart attack. Heart failure is not sudden stopping of heart’s functioning. It develops over time due to abnormality in valves or septum of heart and other reasons. Gradually, the heart becomes incapable of pumping enough blood in the body as it should.
During Heart Attack, Pain Occurs in the Left Side of Chest
Pain in left side of chest is not necessarily heart related. Firstly, heart is not exactly located on the left side of the chest as wisely believed. It mostly occupies centre of the chest area but its apex is pointed towards the left side. Secondly, a cardiac related pain is not limited to the left side of the chest. It usually is experienced in the centre of chest, left shoulder, radiates towards back and in the left hand.