Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. E K ReddyYour feedback matters!
My throat is sore and feeling like something is struck inside my throat and I ve running nose and even my legs are paining.
I am 53 year old man. Doctor detected an ulcer at food pipe through endoscopy. Medicine is running. Pl suggest about diet & others.
If a mosquito enters the ear, what medicine should be dropped in to ear in order to fix the problem?
Hello sir, I am 26 year old girl. And I am suffering from high esr count due to which I feel dizziness, bodyachae, weekness etc. So, which type of diet of should I take to control this problem ?
Sir/Madam I am suffering from right side chest pain since one month it is exactly down to throat. Many time this pain goes to shoulder back and front. And also I feel pain in right side abdomen down to chest and also back pain especially right side I am afraid of that. I met two physicians they advised me to do ecg and xray but reports are normal. Can you suggest me sir please please I am totally confused please. Thanks.
The answer is unfortunately. Yes!
Meningitis, sometimes referred as spinal meningitis, is an inflammation of the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Usually caused by a viral infection, but it can also be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection.
Among pediatric patients admitted for treatment of sinusitis, 3.2% were found to have an intracranial complication. Infection of the sphenoid sinuses, however, merits concern. These thin-walled sinuses develop late in childhood, and their deep location places them adjacent to the dura mater and other critical structures.
Sphenoid sinusitis is identified in approximately 3% of cases of acute sinusitis, typically in the context of pansinusitis. Significant development of the sphenoid sinuses does not begin until age 4 to 6 years, thus, sphenoid sinusitis is restricted.
Viral infection causes most cases of spinal meningitis. Viral meningitis is usually mild and heals without treatment. Bacterial meningitis is more severe and requires treatment with antibiotics. Streptococcus pneumoniae and neisseria meningitidis are strains of bacteria that cause pneumococcus and meningococcus meningitis respectively.
It can be life threatening condition owing to its proximity to brain and spinal cord and infective media is the fluid surrounding them.
• Lumbur puncture – csf examination (cell count, glucose, proteins) and culture
• Blood culture
• Chest x ray
• CT scan of head and nose – pns
• MRI brain
Symptom checker in meningitis secondary to sinusitis:
• Fever (92%)
• Headache (85%)
• Nausea, vomiting (62%)
• Altered consciousness (31%)
• Seizure (31%)
• Hemiparesis (23%)
• Visual disturbance (23%)
• Meningismus (23%)
Conclusion and quick pearls:
• Complications that are less common with antibiotics
• Orbital (cellulitis, abscess)
• Intracranial (subdural empyema, thrombosis of cavernous sinus)
• Bony osteomyelitis.
• Can result in drastic sequelae
• Drain abscess and open involved sinuses
• Ent surgical involvement – functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Usually amenable with medical treatment
- Drain sinuses if no improvement after 48 hours
• Ophthalmology check up
• Neurosurgery intervention
A low index of suspicion is necessary for early diagnosis and treatment of sphenoid sinusitis, orbital complications and prevention of intracranial complications including meningitis.
I am a boy of age 21 I have an head when I got caught cold the head ache is behind my ears from internal when I consult to my Dr. He says its sinus but sinus is in front then why I do have head ache and what I should do to cure it.?
Here are 3 powerful ways to get rid of snoring.
1. Steam: Nasal congestion is one of the biggest reasons behind snoring. The best solution for reducing congestion is to inhale steam.
- Pour hot boiling water in a large bowl/ You can also use a steamer.
- Add three or four drops of eucalyptus essential oil or tea tree essential oil.
- Hold a towel over your head and inhale the steam deeply through your nose for 10 minutes.
- Follow this remedy daily before going to bed until your congestion clears.
2. Ghee: Ghee, also known as clarified butter, has certain medicinal properties that can help open up blocked nasal passages. This in turn will help you snore less and sleep better.
- Slightly warm a small amount of ghee.
- Use a dropper to put two or three drops of lukewarm ghee in each nostril.
- Do this daily before going to bed and again after waking up the next morning.
3. Turmeric : Being a powerful antiseptic and antibiotic agent, turmeric can treat inflammation and help reduce heavy snoring. The following milk and turmeric drink will help you breathe freely while you sleep.
- Add two teaspoons of turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk.
- Drink it 30 minutes before going to sleep.
- Do this daily.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.